Down with Black Lives Matter! ALL Lives Matter!

If unarmed white people were being killed all over the place for no reason by the police, I suspect that "white lives matter" would gather a lot of support.

If you have mind, it has been terribly wasted, racist moron. Police kill twice as many unarmed white people as unarmed black people.
Getting so tired of this racism! Everyone matters! Race is irrelevant! Why can't we do what Rodney King said decades ago? Why can't we just get along?

Maybe if the cameras didn't follow the extremists, we'd find there isn't a major race problem...
Ignoring race doesn't make the race problems go away. It just allows them to continue with no improvement.
So, what do you propose? Ignoring color is exactly what is needed. It's not important. Treating everyone as equals IS important.
That is true, treating everyone as equals IS important. But it is not that way in our country, not yet. Numbers don't lie and neither do obvious situations like inner city poverty in black communities and their over representation in prison while they are under represented in the board room. And then there's that getting shot and killed, unarmed, and the cop is absolved of any responsibility.
I'd love it if we could get to the point where everyone ignores color--or at least treats everyone equally reqardless of color. But we aren't there and we can't ignore the inequalities. You should keep on with your plan of treating everyone equally, though--that is how eventually we will reach equality for all in this country.
Alright, for demonstration, let's take out the race card and look at the prison population. I say that the determining factor is poverty and family dynamics rather than race. If someone would do the analysis, I would say that those coming from dysfunctional homes and poverty is a higher percentage than blacks. These are the people who join gangs, drop out of school and more apt to turn to drugs and robbery to "fix" their lot in life. That would affect whites, blacks, Hispanics and any other race.
Yes. There are some very smart people who are beginning to point out that it is more a "class" issue than a race issue, in fact. Of course, there is a reason so many blacks are in that lower class, which is racism. If you look at the poor, you will find that it quickly becomes a generational issue. You are right that it affects folks of all colors. I live in a 97% white state and have worked with the poor a lot. So many of the same problems that are described in the black community are the same in my all white poor community.
I taught in the inner city for 30 years. The population of this school was 1/3, 1/3,1/3...blacks, whites and Hispanic with a few Asians sprinkled in for flavor. I would say the black families were easier to work with and more apt look for solutions when talking about the chuldren. More grandparents also stepped in for dysfunctional moms to ensure that the children were taken care of as well.

If unarmed white people were being killed all over the place for no reason by the police, I suspect that "white lives matter" would gather a lot of support.

If you have mind, it has been terribly wasted, racist moron. Police kill twice as many unarmed white people as unarmed black people.
Getting so tired of this racism! Everyone matters! Race is irrelevant! Why can't we do what Rodney King said decades ago? Why can't we just get along?

Maybe if the cameras didn't follow the extremists, we'd find there isn't a major race problem...
Ignoring race doesn't make the race problems go away. It just allows them to continue with no improvement.
So, what do you propose? Ignoring color is exactly what is needed. It's not important. Treating everyone as equals IS important.
That is true, treating everyone as equals IS important. But it is not that way in our country, not yet. Numbers don't lie and neither do obvious situations like inner city poverty in black communities and their over representation in prison while they are under represented in the board room. And then there's that getting shot and killed, unarmed, and the cop is absolved of any responsibility.
I'd love it if we could get to the point where everyone ignores color--or at least treats everyone equally reqardless of color. But we aren't there and we can't ignore the inequalities. You should keep on with your plan of treating everyone equally, though--that is how eventually we will reach equality for all in this country.
Alright, for demonstration, let's take out the race card and look at the prison population. I say that the determining factor is poverty and family dynamics rather than race. If someone would do the analysis, I would say that those coming from dysfunctional homes and poverty is a higher percentage than blacks. These are the people who join gangs, drop out of school and more apt to turn to drugs and robbery to "fix" their lot in life. That would affect whites, blacks, Hispanics and any other race.
Yes. There are some very smart people who are beginning to point out that it is more a "class" issue than a race issue, in fact. Of course, there is a reason so many blacks are in that lower class, which is racism. If you look at the poor, you will find that it quickly becomes a generational issue. You are right that it affects folks of all colors. I live in a 97% white state and have worked with the poor a lot. So many of the same problems that are described in the black community are the same in my all white poor community.
Even though some say its class that doesnt explain why a Black person with a college degree has a harder time finding employment than a white high school grad. That doesnt explain why i was discriminated against for advancement simply because....as the manager put it "I am never going to bring a Black person into this group"

I taught in the inner city for 30 years. The population of this school was 1/3, 1/3,1/3...blacks, whites and Hispanic with a few Asians sprinkled in for flavor. I would say the black families were easier to work with and more apt look for solutions when talking about the chuldren. More grandparents also stepped in for dysfunctional moms to ensure that the children were taken care of as well.
I'm surprised you didn't find the Hispanic families very concerned as well. I did, when I was working with minority populations in another state. I think most people care about their kids, if they aren't too drug addled or mentally ill to care about anything. But people who didn't like school or dropped out often have a very negative attitude toward schools and teachers in general. It is heartbreaking.

Even though some say its class that doesnt explain why a Black person with a college degree has a harder time finding employment than a white high school grad. That doesnt explain why i was discriminated against for advancement simply because....as the manager put it "I am never going to bring a Black person into this group"
I get that. It is more complex than any one lens can encompass. But class dynamics are playing a role, for sure.

I'm surprised you didn't find the Hispanic families very concerned as well. I did, when I was working with minority populations in another state. I think most people care about their kids, if they aren't too drug addled or mentally ill to care about anything. But people who didn't like school or dropped out often have a very negative attitude toward schools and teachers in general. It is heartbreaking.
One thing I found is that in low income areas teachers simply dont care. Not all but the vast majority. I guess they figure if the parents dont care why should they? They typically are just there for the pay check or until they can move on to the suburbs.

One thing I found is that in low income areas teachers simply dont care. Not all but the vast majority. I guess they figure if the parents dont care why should they? They typically are just there for the pay check or until they can move on to the suburbs.
Ain't goin there with you.

Bullsh1t, Jackson. Whites from similar backgrounds as poor blacks are not as prone to be criminals and delinquents. Also, most poor whites are not criminals. Hell, if not for blacks pissing on our culture and laws, a lot fewer poor whites would be criminals.

You lost me. What do you mean?

Bullsh1t, Jackson. Whites from similar backgrounds as poor blacks are not as prone to be criminals and delinquents. Also, most poor whites are not criminals. Hell, if not for blacks pissing on our culture and laws, a lot fewer poor whites would be criminals.
So why are most criminals white then?

You lost me. What do you mean?
I have a good memory about what you feel makes a good teacher and conversely who isn't. I'm in the latter category and I'm not in the mood for it today.

You're full of sh1t. Is that because you eat it, or are you're just clogged? Most murderers are black. Per capita, whites are very underrepresented in all violent crime compared to blacks. And, when whites are guilty of violent crime, there's less likely to be aggrieving circumstances.

I have a good memory about what you feel makes a good teacher and conversely who isn't. I'm in the latter category and I'm not in the mood for it today.

Do you realize how racist this guy is who's butt you're kissing?

? I have no idea what "blacks pissing on our culture and laws" has to do with poor whites' criminality. But I will tell you that 90% of the crimes committed in my community--the people in the jails, the ones having their children taken away, the ones being arrested for selling drugs, stealing and aggravated assault--are poor.

You're full of sh1t. Is that because you eat it, or are you're just clogged? Most murderers are black. Per capita, whites are very underrepresented in all violent crime compared to blacks. And, when whites are guilty of violent crime, there's less likely to be aggrieving circumstances.
That was a pretty obvious deflection. I said most criminals are white. I didnt say most violent criminals are white.

White on White Crime: An Unspoken Tragedy | HuffPost

"84 percent of white people killed every year are killed by other whites. In 2011, there were more cases of whites killing whites than there were of blacks killing blacks. Between 1980 to 2008, a majority (53.3 percent) of gang-related murders were committed by white people, with a majority of the homicide victims being white as well."

"In America, whites commit the majority of crimes. What’s even more troubling is that they are also responsible for a vast majority of violent crimes. In 2013, whites led all other groups in aggravated assault, larceny-theft, arson, weapons-carrying, and vandalism. When it comes to sexual assault, whites take the forcible rape cake. They are also more likely to kill children, the elderly, family members, their significant others, and even themselves! They commit more sex-related crimes, gang related crimes, and are more likely to kill at their places of employment. "

Excuse me, but I don't kiss anyone's butt here. I'm willing to talk to lots of people; it's why I'm here--to share ideas.

Well for a while with all the televised assassinations of unarmed black men it seemed Black lives didn't matter. Some one had to grab White society by the collar and tell y'all Black lives matter too...I'm not sorry if that offends you.
Just as I said to another, if it meant "too", it would have read BLMT and I would be out there with a sign along with you.
You don't have to add "too" to black BLM.The need to say Black alives Matter wouldn't be necessary unless some. social. systemic action caused.some Blacks to feel their lives weren't as valued as white lives. Given the context in which BLM was formed ...against the backdrop of a rash of cops killing unarmed blacks proportionally more than any other group...it is underztood all too well
that the "too" is not necessary. But you already knew that...didn't you?

Dont be mad she and I can talk even when we have totally different opinions.

You don't deny that you're racist then.
Why would I deny something to make you happy?

Forum List

Back