Dr. Ben Carson on Gay Marriage

If we line up with this guy as our nose tackle the Democrats will run double tight front full wham it zero on set and run for 5 yards + every play.
Tired of getting our asses kicked and what do these clowns do?
Come up with another half ass wannabe "person of color" candidate that turns the ball over on the first play.
He opened his mouth.

I don't watch Rachel Maddow or any other TV news/opinion programs. If my TV is on I am watching sports, a movie, or I'm gaming.

Now that that is cleared out of the way....

What I think is that the courts will rule in favor same sex marriage and that the same sex graph will continue to mirror the interracial graph for the next 20 years, at which point people will look at it amazed that such a short time ago it was about a 50/50 split.

You're on the wrong side of history.....again.
Gaming? you waste your time playing video games OMG

This post reeks of too much effort.

However, I did get a kick out of avid MMO fan, Wicked Jester, thanking it.

I don't give a fuck if Jesus Christ thanked you playing games is a waste of god damn time.

"Nasty, Petty, And Ill-Informed": Ben Carson's Johns Hopkins Colleague Responds To His Marriage Equality Attack

Johns Hopkins Sexuality Studies Co-Director Compares Carson To Defenders Of Dreyfus Affair.

The co-director of Johns Hopkins University's sexuality studies program is speaking out against his colleague Dr. Ben Carson's recent comments comparing supporters of marriage equality to members of NAMBLA and practitioners of bestiality.

"I don't think most people at Hopkins think what he says on this subject matters," Professor Todd Shepard, co-director of the university's Program for the Study of Women, Gender, and Sexuality, said in a statement to Media Matters. "They make him look nasty, petty, and ill-informed. It doesn't tell us anything about his amazing abilities as a surgeon. It does remind us, however, that those abilities do not mean we should listen to what he says in any other domain."

During a March 26 appearance on Fox News, Carson said, "Marriage is between a man and a woman. No group, be they gays, be they NAMBLA, be they people who believe in bestiality, it doesn't matter what they are. They don't get to change the definition."

"So, it's not something against gays," added the Johns Hopkins Hospital neurosurgery professor, who has recently become a sensation among the conservative media. "It's against anybody who wants to come along and change the fundamental definitions of pillars of society. It has significant ramifications."

Business Insider described Carson's appearance as a "trainwreck of an interview," while Slate's David Weigel wrote that the professor, who has been heavily promoted by Fox News in recent months and is reportedly seeking to host a television show after he retires from Johns Hopkins later this year, "took a sharp turn into Gaffe City." Baltimore Sun media critic David Zurawik wrote that Fox had "created a climate" for Carson's "partisan, polarizing and possibly hurtful language."

Shepard, who teaches French history as well as gender and sexuality studies, compared Carson to the French intellectuals who supported the prosecution of Alfred Dreyfus at the turn of the 20th century.

"I admire Dr. Carson as a neurosurgeon, but his intervention into this debate proves that, like those who defended the Army and the Church against Dreyfus, he prefers to defend the ways things have been rather than individual rights and to deny that informed and rational debate is a better basis for making decisions than received wisdom," said Shepard. "I doubt that he would apply these lessons to his professional life. In this case, where he knows nothing more than hearsay, the good doctor is wrong about the history."

Shepard concluded that these "reactionary and rancid claims do remind us of how far the general discussion has advanced beyond Dr. Carson and his far-right audience."

The full statement from Shepard:

More: "Nasty, Petty, And Ill-Informed": Ben Carson's Johns Hopkins Colleague Responds To His Marriage Equality Attack | Matt Gertz/Media Matters for America

Todd Shepard| Department of History | Johns Hopkins University

"Nasty, Petty, And Ill-Informed": Ben Carson's Johns Hopkins Colleague Responds To His Marriage Equality Attack

Johns Hopkins Sexuality Studies Co-Director Compares Carson To Defenders Of Dreyfus Affair.

The co-director of Johns Hopkins University's sexuality studies program is speaking out against his colleague Dr. Ben Carson's recent comments comparing supporters of marriage equality to members of NAMBLA and practitioners of bestiality.

"I don't think most people at Hopkins think what he says on this subject matters," Professor Todd Shepard, co-director of the university's Program for the Study of Women, Gender, and Sexuality, said in a statement to Media Matters. "They make him look nasty, petty, and ill-informed. It doesn't tell us anything about his amazing abilities as a surgeon. It does remind us, however, that those abilities do not mean we should listen to what he says in any other domain."

During a March 26 appearance on Fox News, Carson said, "Marriage is between a man and a woman. No group, be they gays, be they NAMBLA, be they people who believe in bestiality, it doesn't matter what they are. They don't get to change the definition."

"So, it's not something against gays," added the Johns Hopkins Hospital neurosurgery professor, who has recently become a sensation among the conservative media. "It's against anybody who wants to come along and change the fundamental definitions of pillars of society. It has significant ramifications."

Business Insider described Carson's appearance as a "trainwreck of an interview," while Slate's David Weigel wrote that the professor, who has been heavily promoted by Fox News in recent months and is reportedly seeking to host a television show after he retires from Johns Hopkins later this year, "took a sharp turn into Gaffe City." Baltimore Sun media critic David Zurawik wrote that Fox had "created a climate" for Carson's "partisan, polarizing and possibly hurtful language."

Shepard, who teaches French history as well as gender and sexuality studies, compared Carson to the French intellectuals who supported the prosecution of Alfred Dreyfus at the turn of the 20th century.

"I admire Dr. Carson as a neurosurgeon, but his intervention into this debate proves that, like those who defended the Army and the Church against Dreyfus, he prefers to defend the ways things have been rather than individual rights and to deny that informed and rational debate is a better basis for making decisions than received wisdom," said Shepard. "I doubt that he would apply these lessons to his professional life. In this case, where he knows nothing more than hearsay, the good doctor is wrong about the history."

Shepard concluded that these "reactionary and rancid claims do remind us of how far the general discussion has advanced beyond Dr. Carson and his far-right audience."

The full statement from Shepard:

More: "Nasty, Petty, And Ill-Informed": Ben Carson's Johns Hopkins Colleague Responds To His Marriage Equality Attack | Matt Gertz/Media Matters for America

Todd Shepard| Department of History | Johns Hopkins University

I am sure a co director of a sexuality studies program at Johns Hopkins is a "colleague" of a neurosurgeon.

S.......................................T.........................................R....................................E..................................T.........................................C.................................................H

Whatever happened to freedom of speech?
This guy Carson has every right to be respected and voice his opinion on everything and anything.
I disagree with him and hope like hell he is not the Republican nominee.
But am glad this good man comes forward and lets folks know where he stands on the issues.
Unlike the flip flop king we now have in office.
The dude that openly opposed anything and everything gay until it was politically correct to change his mind.
And you clowns rail roaded Romney for doing the same thing on a lower scale.

This guy Carson has every right to be respected and voice his opinion on everything and anything.
But am glad this good man comes forward and lets folks know where he stands on the issues.
The dude that openly opposed anything and everything gay until it was politically correct to change his mind.

It's called "evolution". Thinking beings do that.

You are right. Mitt Romney is a thinking person also.

Don't kid yourself, Poet....it's called a voting block that Obama and Hilary want to capture. In other words, politics as usual.

Don't kid yourself, Poet....it's called a voting block that Obama and Hilary want to capture. In other words, politics as usual.

Uh, "past tense"...have captured. I never kid myself.

Evidently not...with that 47 % speech, and numerous faux pas and flip-flops and lack of clarity during the campaign. He has been touted as the worst presidential candidate, ever.
He couldn't even come clean about his taxes and wealth.

Evidently not...with that 47 % speech, and numerous faux pas and flip-flops and lack of clarity during the campaign. He has been touted as the worst presidential candidate, ever.
He couldn't even come clean about his taxes and wealth.

oh the irony is thick in this post.:eusa_whistle:

Uh, "past tense"...have captured. I never kid myself.

At least you see it as playing politics and not the "evolution" bs you were passing earlier, I just like to keep it real.

Forum List

Back