Dr Carson: House Negro or just a man that thinks for himself who happens to be black?

Wow, you are the poster boy for illiteracy.
Serioulsy, read the article.

He is a black, gay writer who is chastising White Liberals for using Obama to "assuage" their guilt...

He is a black, gay liberal......
White Guilt is a CON$ervoFascist Brotherhood invention only believed and parroted by CON$.

He is a Gay Black CON$ervoFascist film critic stereotyping white Liberals, there is nothing more Right-wing than that!!!
And you are the poster girl for stupidity.

Im not concerned with who is or isn't going to run this early. I am however very eager to understand why these types of attacks are ok for the left.
Well, If the Right can call Obama the Magic Negro, why would it be wrong to give Carson a title???

He's De Black Magician

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz2Lk80YvPE]Harold Alexander -- De Black Magician - YouTube[/ame]

That title: Obama the Magic Negro came from the black community leader Al Sharpton. Some conservatives did pick it up and use it, as comedy relief....

Provide the evidence or link for that bald faced lie.

Here, let me help you out of your quandary:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_the_Magic_Negro"Barack the Magic Negro"[2] is a song by American political satirist Paul Shanklin who wrote and recorded it for the Rush Limbaugh Show as satire after it was first applied to presidential candidate Obama by movie and culture critic David Ehrenstein in a Los Angeles Times op ed column of March 19, 2007. It was played numerous times in 2007 and 2008 by Rush Limbaugh and appeared on the 2008 album We Hate the USA. It is sung by Shanklin to the tune of "Puff, the Magic Dragon". Shanklin impersonates black activist Al Sharpton, who regretfully sings that white people will vote for Barack Obama for President instead of Sharpton, because Obama is a magical Negro (a term previously popularized by Spike Lee[3]), not a real black man from the "hood".

Now, apologize for misrepresenting. Thank you.

He has taken the position that the man who coined the phrase (who is a gay black man) is conservative.

You can't make this shit up, stupid people everywhere...nevermind he can't show on conservative thing about him ;)

Well, If the Right can call Obama the Magic Negro, why would it be wrong to give Carson a title???

He's De Black Magician

Harold Alexander -- De Black Magician - YouTube

That title: Obama the Magic Negro came from the black community leader Al Sharpton. Some conservatives did pick it up and use it, as comedy relief....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_the_Magic_Negro"Barack the Magic Negro"[2] is a song by American political satirist Paul Shanklin who wrote and recorded it for the Rush Limbaugh Show as satire after it was first applied to presidential candidate Obama by movie and culture critic David Ehrenstein in a Los Angeles Times op ed column of March 19, 2007. It was played numerous times in 2007 and 2008 by Rush Limbaugh and appeared on the 2008 album We Hate the USA. It is sung by Shanklin to the tune of "Puff, the Magic Dragon". Shanklin impersonates black activist Al Sharpton, who regretfully sings that white people will vote for Barack Obama for President instead of Sharpton, because Obama is a magical Negro (a term previously popularized by Spike Lee[3]), not a real black man from the "hood".

I think he is just the GOP flavor of the month. He is a good man. But a good candidate for president? How deeply has he been vetted?

He's a black guy who gives a great speech, is a good man, and has hardly been vetted. Sound familiar?

Funny how the racist all of a sudden want to vet a person. Meanwhile we have Barry Soetoto sitting in the WH. But he's your black friend proving your not racist.

He has taken the position that the man who coined the phrase (who is a gay black man) is conservative.

You can't make this shit up, stupid people everywhere...nevermind he can't show on conservative thing about him ;)

QUOTE]

A remedial English course might help your post be understood. But I kinda doubt it.

I think he is just the GOP flavor of the month. He is a good man. But a good candidate for president? How deeply has he been vetted?

He's a black guy who gives a great speech, is a good man, and has hardly been vetted. Sound familiar?

Funny how the racist all of a sudden want to vet a person. Meanwhile we have Barry Soetoto sitting in the WH. But he's your black friend proving your not racist.

Learn the difference between "your" and "you're". Your vs. You're - English Grammar

As I pointed out, he parrots the Right-wing stereotype of Liberal white guilt, something that only exists in the fantasies of the Right.

What he is and what he espouses escape you because you don't have the ability to see beyond your own stereotypical caricatures.

You aren't alone in this...it is beyond you that anyone could doubt or disagree with what Obama is and not be clearly in tye camp of the Left.

So much for your "big tent". ;)

As I pointed out, he parrots the Right-wing stereotype of Liberal white guilt, something that only exists in the fantasies of the Right.

What he is and what he espouses escape you because you don't have the ability to see beyond your own stereotypical caricatures.

You aren't alone in this...it is beyond you that anyone could doubt or disagree with what Obama is and not be clearly in tye camp of the Left.

So much for your "big tent". ;)

He wasn't disagreeing with Obama with his Magic Negro comment, he was attacking white Liberals for supporting a black man, the telltale sign of a Right-wingnut.

Hey, what's wrong with reparations? Sure the white people of today didn't own slaves but the debt 40 acres and a mule was a promise, right?
What's the expiration date on a deal?
Additionally, white are always surprised when I say this, but, reparations were never about handing everyone a check. Surprising right? Black people are not asking for a check or any money to them! Whhaaaa? Yes, the idea of reparations has and always will be money allocated to black communities and the development of programs for blacks. Weird right?
Sorta like Affirmative Action without the white ladies using it hard then blaming the blacks.

Hey, what's wrong with reparations? Sure the white people of today didn't own slaves but the debt 40 acres and a mule was a promise, right?
Additionally, white are always surprised when I say this, but, reparations were never about handing everyone a check. Surprising right? Black people are not asking for a check or any money to them! Whhaaaa? Yes, the idea of reparations has and always will be money allocated to black communities and the development of programs for blacks. Weird right?
Sorta like Affirmative Action without the white ladies using it hard then blaming the blacks.

Well, the paying out of reparations would signal that whites had done something "immoral and wrong", which they today summarily dismiss as "the price of doing business" and ultimately improving the lives of Africans, who, otherwise, would have been trapped in Third World realities. How many times have I heard, that I'm better off due to slavery? LOL

Hmmm. Ben Carson's mother was/is unable to read?

Is that what you are saying?

I was repeating what Ben Carson said. She did not finish elementary school. I would think as their reading progressed, they out paced her. I admire her because even though her boys were better schooled, she out smarted them! BTW, his brother is a rocket scientist!

I do not believe that his mother was unable to read the book reports that he and his brother wrote.

I also do not believe that you were able to pass 9th grade English.......given your inability to communicate your thoughts.

Let me get this straight. I state that I really like Ben Carson's mother because she was intelligent enough to force her boys to learn, and encourage them to become great men, and you take offense because I paraphrased what Ben Carson, himself said about his mother?

Now you want to insult me? Why?

The problem with "reparations" is: the majority of "white" people in this country did not own slaves. Many of them (and their ancestors) did not enter the country until after slavery was illegal. Many of them came here to escape their own persecutions in their country of origin. The families that DID own slaves had their wealth wiped during and after the war (they were bankrupt), and there were not that many that owned slaves (if they were still wealthy, and there was a class action suit, each descendent of slaves would end up getting a nickel, or a similar tiny amount compared to the suffering their ancestor(s) went thru).

Telling the "white" people that they have to pay for the tribulations of ancestors does not make any sense to most, because "their ancestors" also went thru tribulations, and were not here at that time. I am not saying it was the same, or that it was as bad, just that it is not fair to punish people that were not involved.

I'm not in favor of reparations for the people of today. What you read, was me setting the record straight regarding Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s positions. Those were quotes from Dr. King.

Thanks!

Well, the paying out of reparations would signal that whites had done something "immoral and wrong", which they today summarily dismiss as "the price of doing business" and ultimately improving the lives of Africans, who, otherwise, would have been trapped in Third World realities. How many times have I heard, that I'm better off due to slavery? LOL

Well then we'd have to track back to the first white child slaves in America and get the Brits to pay reparations for them.

Oh and the number of First Nations who held slaves. Well I guess we'd have to have First Nation pay First Nations for their slave trading.

Oh and then there were the black slave owners.....

Well then we'd have to track back to the first white child slaves in America and get the Brits to pay reparations for them.

Oh and the number of First Nations who held slaves. Well I guess we'd have to have First Nation pay First Nations for their slave trading.

Uh no we wouldnt since there was no agreement to do so...40 acres and a Mule was promised no matter how many other things you throw in it wont effect that truth

I don't get the hate that many on the right have for Black people in general.

Evidence, links?

Did you ask Grampa for links for his assertion? If you want links from me, read this thread and read the "race" section on this forum as well as the political section and see the insults and inaccurate being hurled at Black people in general.

Do you "know" that they are from the "right"?

No offense, but I see a lot of blacks claiming "hatred" when it is more of an insensitivity or ignorance of things that blacks are sensitive about, problem.

And yes, there are a lot of insults hurled at blacks, but there also a lot of insults hurled at "whites", just because they are "white". There are a lot of young thugs, in many urban areas attacking "whites" (beating them, maiming them, crippling them) just because the "whites" were there. I did not agree with blacks being targeted for violence (based purely on race), yet it seems that the same "blacks" that are quick to bring up the past are ominously silent on the present.

I work in with a mix of people. Most of them (white and black and Asian) are really good people. There are a few (one black man, and a few white men) that I have no intention of spending any time with, if I am not at work. I disagree with their ethics, and values. The rest of them, I don't spend time with, because I spend time with my family, but I really enjoy their company when we are working a job together. I have sweated and froze with them doing jobs. I have been in some tight places, been helped by them, and have helped them. I really don't see a race issue there. It IS more about individual personality and choices, than it is about "race".

I hear people from the left say things (like Joe Biden, and other politicians, Sean Penn and other Hollywood types), that is "overlooked" by the "looking to be offended crowd". Instead they jump all over "the right" for any comment that can be "twisted" to imply offense. Let us get past the "being offended" and focus on the "results" of the policies or the "actions" of the people. Sometimes you meet people that do not know how to be "tactful" or "appeasing", but when it comes to doing a job, those are the people you want with you. They can be very effective and efficient, without knowing how to smooth people, and to control people. They leave the "choices" up to the individuals.

Uh no we wouldnt since there was no agreement to do so...40 acres and a Mule was promised no matter how many other things you throw in it wont effect that truth

Sadly the first children that were slaves in the Americas to the colonists were white and babies. They signed no agreement.

May I recommend with all due respect that you study up on Cromwell.

Last edited:

He's De Black Magician

Harold Alexander -- De Black Magician - YouTube

Woops, sorry!

No wonder you don't like Ben Carson. He pretty much made everything you said there, null and void!

He grew up poor. He chose to get an education. He chose to work hard to build a reputation and profession. He received financial rewards for his hard work. He is internationally know for that work. He is respected as a professional doctor. He can put two sentences together without "blaming" someone else for his problems!

I don't want no stinking reparations. There is not enough gold in Fort Knox, to satisfy the debt owed, which would amount to "blood money", insulting and demeaning to the memory of my ancestors who had to endure the indignities. But don't for one minute imagine that you don't owe it. To everyone you mistreated.
And stop already with the "black slave owners", which probably amounted to 0.00001 % of slave ownership. Still doesn't excuse white participation and exploitation and injustices. Ever.

Forum List

Back