Dr. Laura's "N word" Rant

Are there any enwerds that are actually upset by this?

Or is just more white guilt run amok?

You dun have to be black to find the n word upsetting, manifold.

No, but you have to be sooper hypersensitive to have a tizzy about Dr L pointing out the word ****** gets tossed around by blacks quite often.

My assessment of the caller is she hates being black so she married a white guy to lighten up her self image and what pisses her off is that people remind her she is black by asking "how do blacks do X?"

Whether or not HBO does something or not isn't the point.

Is Everything that happens on HBO now acceptable social behaviour?

My point was Dr. Laura simply spoke the truth, and I used Chris Rock as but one example of her allegation.

Can't speak to everything one hears on HBO but it's certainly apparent many black people don't object to the Rock example I cited, or rap lyrics, etc. for that matter.

You and Dr Laura don't think there's a difference between HBO and reality.

:doubt:

amazing.

LOL...I'd say you're the one who has a problem with reality.

No, but you have to be sooper hypersensitive to have a tizzy about Dr L pointing out the word ****** gets tossed around by blacks quite often.

My assessment of the caller is she hates being black so she married a white guy to lighten up her self image and what pisses her off is that people remind her she is black by asking "how do blacks do X?"

so her husband must hate being white to be married to a black woman? is that your position?

i think her husband needs to figure out why he's treating his wife that way and allowing others to treat her that way.

so her husband must hate being white to be married to a black woman? is that your position?

i think her husband needs to figure out why he's treating his wife that way and allowing others to treat her that way.

Yeah, curve light thinks the husband wants to darken his self image. :lol:

I don't think you can ever completely "put yourself in someone else's shoes" but damn, this lady's husband should have the balls to stand up for his wife and tell his friends and family they cannot insult blacks in their home. Unfortunately, some husbands have no such balls.

you do if you want people to care

Nope. Considerate people alter their behavior when told. Inconsiderate people don't...so I just smack them. Fear is a great motivator as well. So far, my only problem has been kids who seem confused anyone would find the word offensive, especially when sung....but nice kids will change the radio station if asked.

you do if you want people to care

Nope. Considerate people alter their behavior when told. Inconsiderate people don't...so I just smack them. Fear is a great motivator as well. So far, my only problem has been kids who seem confused anyone would find the word offensive, especially when sung....but nice kids will change the radio station if asked.

I would say that being considerate isn't the same as giving a damn, but perhaps I'm splitting hairs.

My mom says if a name your called upsets you, maybe it's true?

The guy is a creep if he stands up for his buddies over his wife

Yeah, curve light thinks the husband wants to darken his self image. :lol:

Since I've no idea what her husband has said I can't make that assessment. I noticed you glossed right over the contents of my post to push up a strawman. You only know what she said and there are at least 4 sides to every story.

http://memegenerator.net/Successful-Negro/ImageMacro/801812/Successful-Negro-At-least-Im-not-a-******.jpg

Regarding the already idiotic argument that since blacks use the word ****** ...etc. blah blah blah....

What about the black people that don't use that word? who do find it extremely offensive?

When did you decide they don't matter?

omg, now it's change the subject into what is wasn't to begin with. :eusa_whistle:

I thought the subject was certain words that certain people are offended by.

Shouldn't we be able to call you women '*****' in everyday conversation? Wouldn't that make the world a better place? Isn't any woman being offended by being called that name

'hypersensitive'?

oh brother. nothing stops you all from calling women *****. it's done here all the time.
the only thing I suggest is you better be able to back up when you call that TO A WOMANS FACE.:lol:

Ah, see, you are offended by THAT word.

:lol: another phoney steps in it.

Me and my white friends call each other ******* all the time, and nobody gets mad, we always laugh.

Racist
3553018656_9fe1c215a1_o.jpg

Not Racist
b17216c1b896cea96478eb03ea5e7ae3.jpg

Any questions?

I thought the subject was certain words that certain people are offended by.

Shouldn't we be able to call you women '*****' in everyday conversation? Wouldn't that make the world a better place? Isn't any woman being offended by being called that name

'hypersensitive'?

oh brother. nothing stops you all from calling women *****. it's done here all the time.
the only thing I suggest is you better be able to back up when you call that TO A WOMANS FACE.:lol:

Ah, see, you are offended by THAT word.

:lol: another phoney steps in it.

so? that doesn't mean I'm going to DEMAND that others not use it cause I'm offended by it.. they have as much right to their freedom of speech even if it means it offends someone.
I'm not into being a PC brownshirt jackboot, like SOME PEOPLE.
and again, if you all want to call a woman a **** to her face, just be able to protect your teeth and nuts all at the same time.:lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back