🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Dr Martin Luther King saved this country

Actually, it was the Kennedy Administration that had King investigated- not "conservatives" who were out of power for many decades at that point in time.

Libs preferred the rhetoric of the civil rights Left Wing led by Stokely Carmichael and H. Rap Brown. MLK was looked upon as an Uncle Tom by his liberal contemporaries as he both dressed and acted white. Look at photos of the fellow, never wore hit pants "sagging", never called people "mutha fuckas" , never smoked newports or drank malt liquor in public.

It was not the Kennedy Administration who investigated him. It was J. Edgar Hoover's FBI, which vehemently opposed all civil rights groups and all leftist groups for that matter.

MAGA will never accept this.
There is no group of people called MAGA, you dimwit. MAGA is just an acronym for a political belief.

You seem intent on using it as a shorthand for conservatives. And you’re plainly wrong. Most conservatives have no trouble accepting the notion that Dr. King’s efforts provided a pretty fair antidote to the national poison of racism.

In fact, nowadays, some black racists seek to denigrate white people for believing a “fantasy” spin about Dr. King’s positions.

I grew up in the 60's and saw most of the Civil Rights movement. Like most Americans, I was outraged at the assasination of Dr King. When we talked about giving him a national holiday ten years later, I looked at it as a form of appeasement for outraged blacks.....a way of giving them their own holiday to quiet them down.

In reading about the Civil Rights movement in subsequent years, I realized what a great American Dr King was. Black Americans came back after WWII to find that despite fighting and dying in defense of their country, they were still treated like lesser Americans. They found they were not allowed to mingle with whites, were not welcome in much of the country they had fought for. Blacks were considered to be dirty, diseased and sub human. Some whites were outraged at the thought of eating with blacks, using the same restrooms, riding on public transportation with them.

As black Americans began to protest their treatment in their own country they were met with harsh resistance from both white militants and governments who swore to support inequal treatment. Blacks were denied the right to vote, to freely associate, rights to a fair trial. Those who resisted were met with terrorist attacks. Lynchings, bombings, arrest and assasination of their leaders.

Most of us faced with such horrific treatment in our own homeland would fight violence with violence. How would you react if someone spat on your child for trying to go to school?

When the courts did not protect blacks, armed conflict would seem a reasonable response. Dr King knew violence would only result in more violence against you. He modeled the Civil Rights movement around Gandhis peaceful resistance theories. By using cameras to document the treatment of peaceful protestors he saved this country from an armed violent protest that would have destroyed this country.

America returned from WWII as an economic and military superpower. But a country that does not treat its citizens with respect is not a moral superpower. By changing the way we treat our citizens, Dr King, more importantly, saved our soul. By forcing us to look in a mirror and see who we really are, he enabled us to become a truly great country.

On this Martin Luther King day I hope everyone can reflect on what a great American he was and how much better off we all are

Why don't you debate Dexter Scott King about the issue of who murdered King....

James Earl Ray was framed in yet another Zionist Fascist Hate Hoax by your heroes LBJ and Hoover...

Why don't you debate Dexter Scott King about the issue of who murdered King....

James Earl Ray was framed in yet another Zionist Fascist Hate Hoax by your heroes LBJ and Hoover...

Sorry Skippy but I am not engaging in your MLK fantasies

But the Democraps did the filibustering.

More revisionist history substituting “Southern Representatives” with “Democrats”

Every Democrat not from the south, supported Civil Rights

Dr King saved us from violent revolution and saved us from our own immoral treatment of blacks. We were not the great country we claimed to be.

He was a great American Patriot, as deserving of honor as our Founding Fathers.
yes, MLK did great things. He would have despised what the dem party has become today. He would not be a democrat if he was alive today, neither would Kennedy or Truman.

You libs rant about segregation and discrimination but you rave about it being done today in reverse. You assholes are the biggest hypocrites in history.

More revisionist history substituting “Southern Representatives” with “Democrats”

Every Democrat not from the south, supported Civil Rights
it is actual history. the dems tried to block the civil rights bill. Senile joe called school integration a racial jungle. Wallace was a democrat. Lester Maddox was a democrat, Hughey Long was a democrat. you dems hated blacks and still do. Wake the fuck up and see what your party really is.

it is actual history. the dems tried to block the civil rights bill. Senile joe called school integration a racial jungle. Wallace was a democrat. Lester Maddox was a democrat, Hughey Long was a democrat. you dems hated blacks and still do. Wake the fuck up and see what your party really is.

More revisionist history

Southerners tried to block the bill, everyone else supported it

George Wallace, Lester Maddox and Huey Long were all southerners

I grew up in the 60's and saw most of the Civil Rights movement. Like most Americans, I was outraged at the assasination of Dr King. When we talked about giving him a national holiday ten years later, I looked at it as a form of appeasement for outraged blacks.....a way of giving them their own holiday to quiet them down.

In reading about the Civil Rights movement in subsequent years, I realized what a great American Dr King was. Black Americans came back after WWII to find that despite fighting and dying in defense of their country, they were still treated like lesser Americans. They found they were not allowed to mingle with whites, were not welcome in much of the country they had fought for. Blacks were considered to be dirty, diseased and sub human. Some whites were outraged at the thought of eating with blacks, using the same restrooms, riding on public transportation with them.

As black Americans began to protest their treatment in their own country they were met with harsh resistance from both white militants and governments who swore to support inequal treatment. Blacks were denied the right to vote, to freely associate, rights to a fair trial. Those who resisted were met with terrorist attacks. Lynchings, bombings, arrest and assasination of their leaders.

Most of us faced with such horrific treatment in our own homeland would fight violence with violence. How would you react if someone spat on your child for trying to go to school?

When the courts did not protect blacks, armed conflict would seem a reasonable response. Dr King knew violence would only result in more violence against you. He modeled the Civil Rights movement around Gandhis peaceful resistance theories. By using cameras to document the treatment of peaceful protestors he saved this country from an armed violent protest that would have destroyed this country.

America returned from WWII as an economic and military superpower. But a country that does not treat its citizens with respect is not a moral superpower. By changing the way we treat our citizens, Dr King, more importantly, saved our soul. By forcing us to look in a mirror and see who we really are, he enabled us to become a truly great country.

On this Martin Luther King day I hope everyone can reflect on what a great American he was and how much better off we all are

Imagine how much more he could have achieved if your fellow DemoKKKrats hadn't killed him.

Forum List

Back