Dust storm in South Dakota

DUFOUS, not at this accelerated rate.
What accelerated rate? High resolution paleo data samples show that our current rate of change is not unusual.

Stomata and CO2.png

Water is there a main concern, as I said we're drying out here. They're really practicing good conservation efforts. The state legislature is preparing for battle with Colorado over the water rights to the Platte River. The Missouri, further north, doesn't seem to be as badly affected yet.
No, it is not. single year drought patterns are of little concern. Even drought patterns of >100 years are of no concern when looking at the normal cycles of the earth.

I love it when newbies come in here and have no concept of earths cycles. I would bet you can't tell us what part of the Anthropogenic Warming hypotheses is in dispute. Do you know? Or why CO2's emissions are incapable of warming our oceans. Or why the mid tropospheric hot spot has failed to form. You are about to be schooled on why CAGW is a failed hypothesis.

I'm sure you will be the last person on Earth to accept the climate change is here and changing our lives for the worst.
It has changed my life for the far better-- instead of the raging winters we used to get around here now, while the other seasons are still mild, now we only get a few light to moderate snows, too.

When Florida is just a few Islands on what used to be the Atlantic Coastal Ridge, I'm almost certain you'll still be saying there's no such thing as climate change. Bravo for your foolishness.
Phone me when that happens, Ace.

No, it is not. single year drought patterns are of little concern. Even drought patterns of >100 years are of no concern when looking at the normal cycles of the earth.

I love it when newbies come in here and have no concept of earths cycles. I would bet you can't tell us what part of the Anthropogenic Warming hypotheses is in dispute. Do you know? Or why CO2's emissions are incapable of warming our oceans. Or why the mid tropospheric hot spot has failed to form. You are about to be schooled on why CAGW is a failed hypothesis.
I don't know what planet you live on, but here on planet Earth climate change has been accepted by 99.9% of the population
You must be one of the 1% that big oil has bought and paid for. They are propaganda has cost us dearly, we should be 20 to 40 years ahead on alternative energies but they blocked us every step of the way. Now everybody's freaking out because gas is over five bucks in a gallon and rising and with no end in sight because it's all going to run out by 2038 anyway. That's what we have to think big oil for.

I am an atmospheric physicist.. You are going to lose this game very quickly. appeals to 'authorities'' are not accepted. You must prove your premises.

Appeals to authorities are not accepted which you must accept because I am an authority. I'll tell you what you are. You're a liar.

What accelerated rate? High resolution paleo data samples show that our current rate of change is not unusual.

View attachment 644697
How many times have you brought up the lack of chronological resolution in ice core data? Seeing a recurrence of the current rate of change data would require resolution in the low decades. The data here do not have it.

Last edited:
How many times have you brought up the lack of chronological resolution in ice core data? Seeing a recurrence of the current rate of change data would require resolution in the low decades. The data here does not have it.
Syria suffered a drought from 2005 that destroyed their agriculture sector and caused a dust bowl.

How many times have you brought up the lack of chronological resolution in ice core data? Seeing a recurrence of the current rate of change data would require resolution in the low decades. The data here does not have it.
An expanded graph from 1850 to date would be helpful.

I don't know what planet you live on, but here on planet Earth climate change has been accepted by 99.9% of the population
You must be one of the 1% that big oil has bought and paid for. They are propaganda has cost us dearly, we should be 20 to 40 years ahead on alternative energies but they blocked us every step of the way. Now everybody's freaking out because gas is over five bucks in a gallon and rising and with no end in sight because it's all going to run out by 2038 anyway. That's what we have to think big oil for.
There have been many reviews and articles published that reached the conclusion that much of the global warming since the mid-20th century and earlier could be explained in terms of solar variability.

For example:
Soon et al. (1996); Hoyt & Schatten (1997); Svensmark & Friis-Christensen (1997); Soon et al. (2000b,a); Bond et al. (2001); Willson & Mordvinov (2003); Maasch et al. (2005); Soon (2005); Scafetta & West (2006a,b); Scafetta & West (2008a,b); Svensmark (2007); Courtillot et al. (2007, 2008); Singer & Avery (2008); Shaviv (2008); Scafetta (2009, 2011); Le Mouel et al. ¨ (2008, 2010); Kossobokov et al. (2010); Le Mouel et al. ¨ (2011); Humlum et al. (2011); Ziskin & Shaviv (2012); Solheim et al. (2012); Courtillot et al. (2013); Solheim (2013); Scafetta & Willson (2014); Harde (2014); Luning & Vahrenholt ¨ (2015, 2016); Soon et al. (2015); Svensmark et al. (2016, 2017); Harde (2017); Scafetta et al. (2019); Le Mouel¨ et al. (2019a, 2020a); Morner et al. ¨ (2020); Ludecke et al. ¨ (2020)).

Forum List

Back