🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ebola 2020... Wuhan coronavirus

The biggest obstacle to controlling Ebola has been and is religious hoo-ha. Same for HIV.

I agree...…...the number of Ebola spreaders who were traditional healers or preachers is amazing. Because they have a lot of people they get in a group and are close with, I suppose. They die, but they take a LOT of people with them.

The biggest obstacle to controlling Ebola has been and is religious hoo-ha. Same for HIV.

I agree...…...the number of Ebola spreaders who were traditional healers or preachers is amazing. Because they have a lot of people they get in a group and are close with, I suppose. They die, but they take a LOT of people with them.
Yep. Apparently, to the Pope, condoms are worse than AIDS.

Ok.....it is now called the ‘WuFlu’, by popular request... so they say...

Thirty million people quarantined in communist China is not a huge number...they would do that over an improper facebook post.

Puh-leeze! The proper term is:

Kung Flu - Frightning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that the "good doctor" was scaremongering.
So what? You know exactly shit about virology. You have no reasonable basis for such an opinion, just emotion.

I know a little better than that. OF COURSE Yi was scaremongering: LOOK at this hysteria --- I'll underline the scaremongering.

A leading virologist who helped tackle the SARS epidemic in Asia in 2003 has warned that a new strain of deadly coronavirus from China could lead to an outbreak at least 10 times worse than the health crisis 17 years ago.

Dr Guan Yi, director of the State Key Laboratory of Emerging Infectious Diseases at the University of Hong Kong, confessed to Chinese media that the situation in Wuhan - where the virus originated - was already 'uncontrollable'.

He also claimed that the Chinese authorities missed the 'golden period' to control the virus and prevent it from spreading.

'I have experienced so much and never felt scared. Most [viruses] are controllable, but this time I am scared,' Dr Guan told the press, predicting the worst is yet to come."

This is what scaremongering looks like. Let's don't do this, and let's recognize it when we see it.

I know a little better than that. OF COURSE Yi was scaremongering: LOOK at this hysteria --- I'll underline the scaremongering.
That isn't "scaremongering", I it has a factual basis. And when some random uneducated stranger throws out an emotional opinion about one of the top virologists in the planet, regarding virology, I find it very easy to find which direction I lean.

That isn't "scaremongering", I it has a factual basis. And when some random uneducated stranger throws out an emotional opinion about one of the top virologists in the planet, regarding virology, I find it very easy to find which direction I lean.

Okay, I'll leave your posts alone for awhile, since you don't want to discuss this, just pontificate with insults.

I'm not as uneducated as I gather you wish I were. But continue to run me down without information about that, if you must. I'll put you on Ignore like I do the other obscenity-shouters if it gets too bad.

Maybe you'll be right and Wuhan Flu will be a world-killer. I doubt it, but I could be wrong. If you are right, you can say "I told you so," if we're both still alive.

Which begs the question WHY did they stop short of declaring it an emergency.

About a hundred have to die. In the next couple days. Then WHO will declare it, IMO. I agree it was premature before, but I think they'll call it soon. You realize that will stop most air traffic to Asia and back. It's a big deal. The market will tank (and I'll start blaming the leftists for this disease....to crash Trump's economy. Kidding.) But China is substantially shut down now, so at least people won't be conflicted --- they couldn't go to their meeting anyway.

We've already had The Talk at home and decided if Wuhan Flu gets heavily into Maryland to stay home with no trips out and no visitors --- stock up, prepper-style. Just plan for two months, that's not real inconvenient. No milk in the tea soon, though. It hasn't happened yet: SARS and Ebola didn't proliferate here, maybe this won't either.

Yeah I don't see this as political in any way...…...but I don't like how these virus's aren't contained sooner, before it becomes a worldwide problem. The minute they seen people getting sick, they should have been quarantined immediately to find out just what they had. Then shut down travel...……...if they had, that flu never would have made it out of China and thousands would have been saved from catching & spreading it further. IMHO

Okay, I'll leave your posts alone for awhile, since you don't want to discuss this, just pontificate with insults.
They aren't insults. Everything i said about you also applies to me.

And if you truly wanted to discuss this, you would defer to expertise and facts, not your gut feelings and emotions.

but I don't like how these virus's aren't contained sooner, before it becomes a worldwide problem.
Well, that depends on the properties of the virus and how long it takes to isolate and identify it.

A more virulent virus, for instance, would infect more people more quickly, hampering efforts to contain it. The illness caused by the virus may, in early stages, Mimic other illnesses, also delaying the effort to isolate and identify the virus.

I don't like how these virus's aren't contained sooner, before it becomes a worldwide problem. The minute they seen people getting sick, they should have been quarantined immediately to find out just what they had. Then shut down travel...……...if they had, that flu never would have made it out of China and thousands would have been saved from catching & spreading it further. IMHO

I think your point about these viruses should be contained sooner is very interesting. Is it POSSIBLE? I mean, for some weeks, a few people get a pneumonia they shouldn't be getting, maybe, but that does happen. Finally, somebody looks at it under a microscope and YOW! it's a new one. In the meantime, the virus is travelling fast.

I guess I don't think we can stop new diseases, because we don't perceive them soon enough. But it's a good point for sure about known diseases, like the Ebola outbreak last summer. They got right in there, and it seems to be stopped. A terrible disease such as sm*llp*x (never say the Devil's name or he comes) should be watched for and moved on fast. Polio. Maybe not cholera, as that's limited to a locale (the water). Typhoid.

Last edited:
but I don't like how these virus's aren't contained sooner, before it becomes a worldwide problem.
Well, that depends on the properties of the virus and how long it takes to isolate and identify it.

A more virulent virus, for instance, would infect more people more quickly, hampering efforts to contain it. The illness caused by the virus may, in early stages, Mimic other illnesses, also delaying the effort to isolate and identify the virus.

I don't like how these virus's aren't contained sooner, before it becomes a worldwide problem. The minute they seen people getting sick, they should have been quarantined immediately to find out just what they had. Then shut down travel...……...if they had, that flu never would have made it out of China and thousands would have been saved from catching & spreading it further. IMHO

I think your point about these viruses should be contained sooner is very interesting. Is it POSSIBLE? I mean, for some weeks, a few people get a pneumonia they shouldn't be getting, maybe, but that does happen. Finally, somebody looks at it under a microscope and YOW! it's a new one. In the meantime, the virus is travelling fast.

I guess I don't think we can stop new diseases, because we don't perceive them soon enough. But it's a good point for sure about known diseases, like the Ebola outbreak last summer. They got right in there, and it seems to be stopped. A terrible disease such as sm*llp*x (never say the Devils name or he comes) should be watched for and moved on fast. Polio. Maybe not cholera, as that's limited to a locale (the water). Typhoid.

True enough of the difficulty to contain it soon enough, but the reports in the first few days of a mysterious virus going around should have been their first clue to do something ASAP. It just seems like they focused more on identifying it before containing it.

Once 3 or 4 different people became sick and sought treatment......should have prompted them of a problem. Even if one person seeks treatment, tests are usually run to find out what version of flu they have. Right there should have given the heads up. Then as more people exhibit the same symptoms and/or tested with same results, more actions are taken to contain it.

Since China is usually the culprit starting point of wide spread varieties of flus, youd think they'd move a little faster

Since China is usually the culprit starting point of wide spread varieties of flus, youd think they'd move a little faster

Yeah, it's usually China or Africa for everything. You'd think India would start more pandemics, but they don't, somehow.

I was watching very closely during the worst Ebola epidemic

a filiovirus that went trans species

the worry being if it gains airborne virility

You know exactly shit about virology.

easy enough to reference ....

Yep. Apparently, to the Pope, condoms are worse than AIDS.

pope%20condom%202.jpg

'I have experienced so much and never felt scared. Most [viruses] are controllable, but this time I am scared,' Dr Guan told the press, predicting the worst is yet to come."
&&&&&&
And when some random uneducated stranger throws out an emotional opinion about one of the top virologists in the planet, regarding virology

agreed, but who is Dr Guan?

The illness caused by the virus may, in early stages, Mimic other illnesses, also delaying the effort to isolate and identify the virus.

incubation time , and the ability to exist outside a host

for ex, HIV isn't anywhere near as virile as hepatitis , one can last outside the body for all day, the other dies in minutes.

airborne vs bloodborne

ask me how i found this out....

~S~

Hepatitis B can subsist on styrene surfaces and in creme-filled cookies for two weeks.

Forum List

Back