Ecuador tells the Obama to Piss Off

They didn't use those exact words, but they essentially sent the Obama administration a big "Fuck you."

We have all heard the rumors about Snowden possibly seeking asylum in Ecuador, and I imagine many of us have read or heard what State Department spokesman Patrick Ventrell said. If not here it is:

What would not be a good thing is them granting Mr. Snowden asylum. That would cause there to be great difficulties in our bilateral relationship. If they take that step, that would have very negative repercussions.
Of course, by this one could come to the conclusion that to grant Snowden asylum would result in the loss of $30 million a year in drug interdiction assistance as well as tariff benefits the U.S. grants Ecuador every year.

Well, not interested in being blackmailed, Ecuador announced today that they "unilaterally and irrevocably renounce" $23 million a year in lowered tariffs" they get from the U.S.

Ecuador heats rhetoric as Obama downplays Snowden

Well played Ecuador, well played...

Good for them. Now, if only more countries would learn to stand on their hind legs, bi-lateral relationships would truly be bi-lateral.

The world doesn't like weaklings who are only good at grandiose speech, lies and cover ups

That's the long and short of it.
So that's the reason the world doesn't like Americans any more !

Now we know.

I did not say Americans.

I clearly said ...The Liar in Chief ...OBAMA.

Apples and pears my friend. :)

The hubris is buried deep in the far right reactionaries who think their 8% of the population can tell the rest of us conservatives to liberals what to do.

It is kinda fun hearing all you authoritarians squeal.

Of course, by this one could come to the conclusion that to grant Snowden asylum would result in the loss of $30 million a year in drug interdiction assistance as well as tariff benefits the U.S. grants Ecuador every year.

Well, not interested in being blackmailed, Ecuador announced today that they "unilaterally and irrevocably renounce" $23 million a year in lowered tariffs" they get from the U.S.

Well, why should they let the CIA control their illegal drug shipments into the USA, when they can do it themselves and keep all the profits? Free enterprise at work!!

$23 million is chump change in the world of illegal drugs.

Well played Ecuador, well played.... · ·
indubitablysmile.gif

The world doesn't like weaklings who are only good at grandiose speech, lies and cover ups

That's the long and short of it.
So that's the reason the world doesn't like Americans any more !

Now we know.
I did not say Americans.

I clearly said ...The Liar in Chief ...OBAMA.
I consider President Obama to be truly Representative of His People.

To hell with Obama and his lackeys. God damn the United States government.
:clap2: · · That's the spirit !! · · :clap2:

But it's his Controllers I'm more worried about, not his lackeys !!

Fair point.

But you have to embrace the horror of an administration in it's death throes that stubbornly clings to it's warped thought process.

His lackeys, like that dike bitch Napolitano, are very powerful.

That is what pride does to filth like Barry Soetoro. One minute they are at the top of the world, spying on Americans, and executing political enemies. The next minute their treasonous behavior is on public display. They lash out at like cowards, divert attention via the MSM and expect that the 80 IQ public won't remember a fucking thing.

The 80 IQ public couldn't find Syria on a map let alone understand the ramifications of the war that is taking place there.

They didn't use those exact words, but they essentially sent the Obama administration a big "Fuck you."

We have all heard the rumors about Snowden possibly seeking asylum in Ecuador, and I imagine many of us have read or heard what State Department spokesman Patrick Ventrell said. If not here it is:

What would not be a good thing is them granting Mr. Snowden asylum. That would cause there to be great difficulties in our bilateral relationship. If they take that step, that would have very negative repercussions.

Love it.

Wow! You seem to be cheering on a country who may give refuge to an person who most likely committed espionage against Our country. That's pretty sad, I hope you feel good about yourself. I bet it's solely because you have a "pwoblem with obwomwa!". :lol:

Espionage, my ass. Truth has become subversive. Who woulda thunk.

Is there any country that isn't giving Obama the finger at this point?

But let's be clear here, they're not just giving Obama the finger. They're giving the US the finger. They're thrilled to see us proven to be hypocrites, running the same kind of corrupt police state we shame them for on a regular basis. They're not dissing Obama because they don't respect him as President (as so many Republicans want to frame this) - they're giving our country the finger because we've shown that when push comes to shove, we're just as underhanded and authoritarian as they are, or at least that's how they're looking at it.

Last edited:

Wow! You seem to be cheering on a country who may give refuge to an person who most likely committed espionage against Our country. That's pretty sad, I hope you feel good about yourself. I bet it's solely because you have a "pwoblem with obwomwa!". :lol:

So potentially (if it hasn't happened already) giving away Our secrets to other countries is not espionage to you? Oooook.............. wow.

So potentially (if it hasn't happened already) giving away Our secrets to other countries is not espionage to you? Oooook.............. wow.

I think the point is that is that it's irrelevant in light of what his 'espionage' revealed. Our own government has been running secret surveillance on its own people. Does that bother you at all? What should we do about it?

Actually, no. It is not espionage.

Giving away secrets may be deemed as treason (depending on the information)....but it is not espionage...

Unless, of course, Snowden was intentionally planted there to steal and then divulge secrets.

I think the point is that is that it's irrelevant in light of what his 'espionage' revealed. Our own government has been running secret surveillance on its own people. Does that bother you at all? What should we do about it?

It's actually relevant because our enemies and potential enemies can now see how we operate intelligence wise. What they have been doing is nothing new, it definitely has been in effect since October 1997. How do I feel about it? I'll take the line that hannity and his ilk used regarding the PA and people's angst about that; "If you have nothing to hide, what is the problem?".
On a serious note, I am all about protecting Our Civil Liberties, we have the Bill of Rights for a reason.........

Actually, no. It is not espionage.

Giving away secrets may be deemed as treason (depending on the information)....but it is not espionage...

Unless, of course, Snowden was intentionally planted there to steal and then divulge secrets.

I think I heard on various news reports, that he went to that company with that intention, but maybe I am wrong.

Forum List

Back