Ecuador tells the Obama to Piss Off

They didn't use those exact words, but they essentially sent the Obama administration a big "Fuck you."

We have all heard the rumors about Snowden possibly seeking asylum in Ecuador, and I imagine many of us have read or heard what State Department spokesman Patrick Ventrell said. If not here it is:

What would not be a good thing is them granting Mr. Snowden asylum. That would cause there to be great difficulties in our bilateral relationship. If they take that step, that would have very negative repercussions.

Of course, by this one could come to the conclusion that to grant Snowden asylum would result in the loss of $30 million a year in drug interdiction assistance as well as tariff benefits the U.S. grants Ecuador every year.

Well, not interested in being blackmailed, Ecuador announced today that they "unilaterally and irrevocably renounce" $23 million a year in lowered tariffs" they get from the U.S.

Ecuador heats rhetoric as Obama downplays Snowden

Well played Ecuador, well played...
Why do you have such a hard-on for Obama?

If Ecuador is telling anyone to piss off, it's the The United States Of America.

Ecuador has no beef with Obama.

I have no "hard on for Obama."

How do you figure it's the United States Ecuador told to piss off? It seems to me that it is the words of the current administration that has raised their ire, Obama's administration. The veiled threat from Patrick Ventrell should they choose to grant Snowden asylum. Kind of feels like they're telling our government, our President to pound sand...

Or perhaps it is Ventrell with whom they are angry? Maybe our President had no idea what Mr. Ventrell was going to say... Could be...

They didn't use those exact words, but they essentially sent the Obama administration a big "Fuck you."

We have all heard the rumors about Snowden possibly seeking asylum in Ecuador, and I imagine many of us have read or heard what State Department spokesman Patrick Ventrell said. If not here it is:

Of course, by this one could come to the conclusion that to grant Snowden asylum would result in the loss of $30 million a year in drug interdiction assistance as well as tariff benefits the U.S. grants Ecuador every year.

Well, not interested in being blackmailed, Ecuador announced today that they "unilaterally and irrevocably renounce" $23 million a year in lowered tariffs" they get from the U.S.

Ecuador heats rhetoric as Obama downplays Snowden

Well played Ecuador, well played...

If Ecuador is telling anyone to piss off, it's the The United States Of America.

How do you figure it's the United States Ecuador told to piss off? It seems to me that it is the words of the current administration that has raised their ire, Obama's administration. The veiled threat from Patrick Ventrell should they choose to grant Snowden asylum. Kind of feels like they're telling our government, our President to pound sand...

Or perhaps it is Ventrell with whom they are angry? Maybe our President had no idea what Mr. Ventrell was going to say... Could be...

It's what I was talking about earlier. Do you think these nations really care who is in charge? They're reveling in finally finding an opportunity to say 'no' to the US. It would be exactly the same situation if it was Romney running the show. That's what such a joke about the nitwits trying to score partisan points from this. They're all utterly deluded. It's not just our leaders they hate, it's our policies - particularly our foreign policy.

Last edited:

It's what I was talking about earlier. Do you think these nations really care who is in charge? They're reveling in finally finding an opportunity to say 'no' to the US. It would be exactly the same situation if it was Romney running the show. That's what such a joke about the nitwits trying to score partisan points from this. They're all utterly deluded. It's not just our leaders they hate, it's our policies - particularly our foreign policy.

You know, I agree with you. If Romney had been elected, the title of this thread and it's content would reflect that, but he wasn't.

Forum List

Back