Eden Garden of the GodS

The No God Big Bang and Evolution guys are paid by big Liberal donors.
Horseshit, what embarrassing nonsense. Good science is good science, no matter who does it or who pays for it. Science ain't church, big guy... stuff isn't true just because some guy in funny clothes SAYS it is true or WANTS it to be true. In science, we don't divine truths by reading a fucking book of fairy tales over and over and over until we convince ourselves we know something.

ComputerNerd_062513.jpg
What is your science background?
Well, I evolved from bipedal mammals.

Horseshit, what embarrassing nonsense. Good science is good science, no matter who does it or who pays for it. Science ain't church, big guy... stuff isn't true just because some guy in funny clothes SAYS it is true or WANTS it to be true. In science, we don't divine truths by reading a fucking book of fairy tales over and over and over until we convince ourselves we know something.

ComputerNerd_062513.jpg
stuff isn't true just because some guy in funny clothes SAYS it is true or WANTS it to be true. In science, we don't divine truths by reading a fucking book of fairy tales over and over and over until we convince ourselves we know something.

View attachment 175530
Nobody would ever claim something was true just because Bill Nye said it was true....least of all, Bill Nye...

ComputerNerd_062513.jpg
I didn't think you had a background in science.

ComputerNerd_062513.jpg
So what? Nobody cares about your opinion of my background.

ComputerNerd_062513.jpg
It goes to the weight of your argument.

ComputerNerd_062513.jpg
How so? Just state your point.

Did you at least graduate high school?

This is not a dating site.

This is not a dating site.
Then maybe you should stop fucking around and be honest.

It's pretty self evident that the potential for consciousness existed when space and time were created. The fact that you can't acknowledge it calls for an all stop as you are either someone who is too stupid or too dishonest to even be having this discussion.

Maybe you should go and find a young earth creationist so you can feel superior cause I ain't the droid you are looking for.

Never heard of anyone who didn’t die.
So then why pray for help?
We want to live because we were designed to live forever. But we chose not to. But believers know what awaits on the other side are things so wonderful they are beyond belief.

So we do ask for healing, but we also know one day our time will come.
Man, you'll believe ANYTHING! "we chose not to", total malarkey. And nobody knows what's on the other side, all you have is wishful thinking, or do you actually have real, tangible proof?
You’d trade your free will for eternal life? You’re the only one I know who’s ever said that.
Do you have any GODAMN FUCKING PROOF that I have to trade free will for eternal life? Man, this is REALLY getting annoying. :biggrin:
You don't have to trade Free Will for eternal life.
You just have to exercise your free will wisely.

You can't show me proof of what you just said, so why should I believe what you're saying now? Got any proof of that?
View attachment 175630 View attachment 175631

There.
Atoms do not form a reaction to such images. But you and I do. And yet the world says we are nothing but atoms.
That's only proof that your arguments are extremely weak.

So what about the people who believe and pray to god and then die of cancer anyways? Why doesn't god help them?
My father in law was given 3 months with liver cancer. 15 years later he died of a heart attack because he kept smoking.

Intervention does occur. Eric Metaxas has a great book on a bunch of them.

They misdiagnosed him.

We want to live because we were designed to live forever. But we chose not to. But believers know what awaits on the other side are things so wonderful they are beyond belief.

Man, you'll believe ANYTHING! "we chose not to", total malarkey. And nobody knows what's on the other side, all you have is wishful thinking, or do you actually have real, tangible proof?
You’d trade your free will for eternal life? You’re the only one I know who’s ever said that.
Do you have any GODAMN FUCKING PROOF that I have to trade free will for eternal life? Man, this is REALLY getting annoying. :biggrin:
Do you have any proof that there are 2 different outcomes depending on how I use my free will?

Do you have any proof that there are 2 different outcomes depending on how I use my free will?
There are an infinite number of outcomes.
You’re not the only variable on Earth.
Your task is to use your influence to make the world a better place.

So no proof that an invisible being will do something to me depending on how I exercise my free will. Got it. Nut then, why even bother with all that malarkey? I HAVE made the world a better place and continue to strive to do so every day. No threats needed.

So no proof that an invisible being will do something to me depending on how I exercise my free will. Got it. Nut then, why even bother with all that malarkey? I HAVE made the world a better place and continue to strive to do so every day. No threats needed.
First of all, any religion that needs to threaten you is a crock.
Then go outside and stare at the sun for ten minutes.
If you can tolerate the sun’s appearance perhaps you will be able to tolerate an even higher experience, whatever that experience might be.
I have yet to define for myself how I would convince myself of a physical revelation of God without believing I’m losing my sanity.
People don’t really mull in their minds what would be a convincing experience.

Your hatred and anger is understandable. If I believed my life was meaningless and no more significant than a weed in crack in the driveway I too would be just as hateful and angry.

View attachment 175630 View attachment 175631

There.
Atoms do not form a reaction to such images. But you and I do. And yet the world says we are nothing but atoms.
That's only proof that your arguments are extremely weak.

So what about the people who believe and pray to god and then die of cancer anyways? Why doesn't god help them?
My father in law was given 3 months with liver cancer. 15 years later he died of a heart attack because he kept smoking.

Intervention does occur. Eric Metaxas has a great book on a bunch of them.

They misdiagnosed him.
Yeah. NASA's doctors who looked after the astronauts misdiagnosed him too in their follow-up. So when did you earn this MD that allows you to make diagnoses over what someone types in 2 sentences on the internet?

First of all, any religion that needs to threaten you is a crock.
Then go outside and stare at the sun for ten minutes.
If you can tolerate the sun’s appearance perhaps you will be able to tolerate an even higher experience, whatever that experience might be.
I have yet to define for myself how I would convince myself of a physical revelation of God without believing I’m losing my sanity.
People don’t really mull in their minds what would be a convincing experience.
I have yet to experience anything real that makes me think that there's a god out there who cares what I do. And I have yet to hear of anyone having a real and serious experience either. I'm open, but it just all seems like a Santa Claus Syndrome, it's all cool and we all want to believe, but deep down we know that it's not real.

Forum List

Back