Educating Democrats: Economics

Yep, the last thing a working person wants or needs is a high "rip off" wage.

We're not talking about what people "want" stupid. Show me someone in the history of the world that didn't want a multi-million dollar salary.

What we are talking about is what's sustainable. You know our auto industry collapsed? Because the unions created "rip off" wages where a high school drop made $28 per hour to sweep the fuck'n shop floor, plus cadillac healthcare benefits for his entire family, plus a pension for not only his entire life, but for the entire life of his spouse as well, plus 401K. They were getting compensation packages in the hundreds of thousands (literally rivaling that of executives) - just to sweep a fuck'n floor. That is unsustainable.

So that greedy motherfucker, and those just like him, ruined jobs for everyone else. Instead of flourishing, GM was on the verge of bankruptcy (was bailed out illegally by Uncle Sam), and is now on the verge of bankruptcy once again. Once these companies go under, nobody else is going to have a job with them. But hey, at least the miserable fuck'n high school drop out is set for life, right?

Workers making too much money.

And you people wonder why you don't win elections anymore.

Don't forget who you are arguing with...

Rottweiler and friends...
bD437.jpg

"With all their faults, trade unions have done more for humanity than any other organization of men that ever existed"
Clarence Darrow

Union workers are far from being Marxists and probably would side more with conservatives than liberals, if the conservatives didn't try to stab the union workers in the back. .

unions guys have a red state cultural conservatism about them but they vote liberal marxist class warfare in the end

The AFL-CIO's election night polling, done by Hart Research, found that union members voted for Obama at a rate of 65 percent to Romney's 33. The margins were even larger in the perennial battleground of Ohio, where issues like Obama's auto industry rescue and outsourcing tied to Romney's Bain Capital apparently had added resonance. Seventy percent of Buckeye State union voters backed Obama on Tuesday.

Union voters will vote as their union masters direct them to. Otherwise, their union masters might not fight for their union bennies. In reality, union masters are just like the politicians they buy, out for their own interests and screw the guys who pay their salaries.

Unions vote against Republicans, because the Republicans oppose the working man.

actually unions oppose the working man by shipping 30 million working man jobs offshore with their high rip off wages, by supporting liberals who tax corporations to encourage them to move more and more jobs offshore, and by supporting liberals who keep 20 million illegals here to take our jobs.

The law allows outsourcing jobs and it doesn't have to do it. Now, guess which party made those stupid laws?

Union workers are far from being Marxists and probably would side more with conservatives than liberals, if the conservatives didn't try to stab the union workers in the back. .

unions guys have a red state cultural conservatism about them but they vote liberal marxist class warfare in the end

The AFL-CIO's election night polling, done by Hart Research, found that union members voted for Obama at a rate of 65 percent to Romney's 33. The margins were even larger in the perennial battleground of Ohio, where issues like Obama's auto industry rescue and outsourcing tied to Romney's Bain Capital apparently had added resonance. Seventy percent of Buckeye State union voters backed Obama on Tuesday.

Union voters will vote as their union masters direct them to. Otherwise, their union masters might not fight for their union bennies. In reality, union masters are just like the politicians they buy, out for their own interests and screw the guys who pay their salaries.

The bottom line is the right-wing opposes the working man and that's why intelligent working people will not support the right-wing. You are only going to get the dummies.

The bottom line is the right-wing opposes the working man and that's why intelligent working people will not support the right-wing. You are only going to get the dummies.

I am an intelligent working person and I really like the idea of keeping as much of what I earn as possible. Both unions and government actively oppose my ability to do so. I got a pay raise from my profit-driven bosses this year. Tell me again just how stupid I am? How did the union help me get a raise? How has the government helped me keep more of what I have earned?
Yep, thought so.

I am an intelligent working person and I really like the idea of keeping as much of what I earn as possible. Both unions and government actively oppose my ability to do so. I got a pay raise from my profit-driven bosses this year. Tell me again just how stupid I am? How did the union help me get a raise? How has the government helped me keep more of what I have earned?
Yep, thought so.

If you think the wages are too high and not too low in this country, you are stupid. If you think Democrats support outsourcing jobs, you are stupid. If you think the government is collecting money for social security and it's spending to pay out that money, you are stupid. If you have to use the words profit-driven bosses, you are stupid. If you don't think that money we currently waste on interest isn't the fault of you Republicans, you are stupid.

Take a look at GDP sometime and see how much the government contributes to it in real spending!

Yep, thought so.

If you think the wages are too high and not too low in this country, you are stupid. If you think Democrats support outsourcing jobs, you are stupid. If you think the government is collecting money for social security and it's spending to pay out that money, you are stupid. If you have to use the words profit-driven bosses, you are stupid. If you don't think that money we currently waste on interest isn't the fault of you Republicans, you are stupid.

Take a look at GDP sometime and see how much the government contributes to it in real spending!

If you think I'm a republican, you are stupid. The government should not be contributing to the GDP. You are so stupid.

Yep, thought so.

If you think I'm a republican, you are stupid. The government should not be contributing to the GDP. You are so stupid.

So you are saying the government, meaning any government, federal, state or local should never spend money, because that's the only way the government could not contribute to the GDP. You call me stupid and you don't know how GDP is calculated? Why aren't you stupid for saying what you said?

Yep, thought so.

Can you name a benefit you enjoy as an employee that wasn't fought for and won by unions?

Yep, thought so.

Can you name a benefit you enjoy as an employee that wasn't fought for and won by unions?

He's allowed to bend over and pick up all the soap he wants at the bathhouse and the unions weren't involved in that.

Yep, thought so.

Sure. I just got another raise. Not because of some dumbass union goon threatening my bosses, but because I work hard and increased my value to the company. Guys who failed to do the same did not get raises, although they think they deserve them, too. I don't need company health care, I have my own policy. I have my own retirement plan. There is no reason why others cannot do what I do. The unions, for the most part, are nothing more than money laundering machines for politicians. The pols grant unions all kinds of goodies, the unions extort money from their members and make massive contributions to the pols, who make all kinds of special concessions to unions. You see how that works? I want to keep more of my money, not support a bunch of union goons who buy politicians with it.

Yep, thought so.

Sure. I just got another raise. Not because of some dumbass union goon threatening my bosses, but because I work hard and increased my value to the company. Guys who failed to do the same did not get raises, although they think they deserve them, too. I don't need company health care, I have my own policy. I have my own retirement plan. There is no reason why others cannot do what I do. The unions, for the most part, are nothing more than money laundering machines for politicians. The pols grant unions all kinds of goodies, the unions extort money from their members and make massive contributions to the pols, who make all kinds of special concessions to unions. You see how that works? I want to keep more of my money, not support a bunch of union goons who buy politicians with it.

A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing.
Oscar Wilde

Do you have your own individual health care policy, or are you covered by a family member's policy?

Unions have fought for and won benefits that you take for granted. It is sad that you are so obtuse to that fact. Ironic, conservatives claim they believe in honoring what our ancestors accomplished and 'conserving' it. The truth is today's right wingers are total narcissist morons who shit on the grave of our ancestors. Men and women fought and some died to gain what you believe YOU accomplished...

What Republicans used to stand for...

"Labor is the United States. The men and women, who with their minds, their hearts and hands, create the wealth that is shared in this country—they are America."
President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Oscar Wilde

Do you have your own individual health care policy, or are you covered by a family member's policy?

Unions have fought for and won benefits that you take for granted. It is sad that you are so obtuse to that fact. Ironic, conservatives claim they believe in honoring what our ancestors accomplished and 'conserving' it. The truth is today's right wingers are total narcissist morons who shit on the grave of our ancestors. Men and women fought and some died to gain what you believe YOU accomplished...

"Labor is the United States. The men and women, who with their minds, their hearts and hands, create the wealth that is shared in this country—they are America."

I have my doubts that people like gallantwarrior are cynical and believe selfish, stingy and anti-social better describes them. They're not the type of people who are grateful for what was done for them and you can see evidence of that in who they support politically and how the Republican Party treats veterans. Those draft dodgers recently in office had no problem using the military to fight for their corporate interests and next they will try to skip out on their obligations to assist the injured veterans, they created. The Republican way of life is to make their profit and leave the mess for others to clean up. Who gets stuck cleaning up the one toxic waste site for every three hundred Americans? Who gets stuck cleaning up the nuclear wastes from nuclear power plants? The people who made a profit off of these activities aren't going to pick up the tab. The Republican way is to live in a "I've got mine, fuck you world." I don't think these people are cynical in the sense that they doubt the effectiveness making a change would produce, I think they are always looking out for Number One and if they don't see an immediate benefit for themselves, they oppose the change and conserve the status quo. If it's going to cost them a dollar to keep disabled veterans from living miserable lives, they aren't going to want the government to spend the money. For right-wingers like gallantwarrior, personal responsibility is always something for the other person to have. You can find that type all over the internet.

Oscar Wilde

I have my doubts that people like gallantwarrior are cynical and believe selfish, stingy and anti-social better describes them. They're not the type of people who are grateful for what was done for them and you can see evidence of that in who they support politically and how the Republican Party treats veterans. Those draft dodgers recently in office had no problem using the military to fight for their corporate interests and next they will try to skip out on their obligations to assist the injured veterans, they created. The Republican way of life is to make their profit and leave the mess for others to clean up. Who gets stuck cleaning up the one toxic waste site for every three hundred Americans? Who gets stuck cleaning up the nuclear wastes from nuclear power plants? The people who made a profit off of these activities aren't going to pick up the tab. The Republican way is to live in a "I've got mine, fuck you world." I don't think these people are cynical in the sense that they doubt the effectiveness making a change would produce, I think they are always looking out for Number One and if they don't see an immediate benefit for themselves, they oppose the change and conserve the status quo. If it's going to cost them a dollar to keep disabled veterans from living miserable lives, they aren't going to want the government to spend the money. For right-wingers like gallantwarrior, personal responsibility is always something for the other person to have. You can find that type all over the internet.

I wonder how the world would change if people like you were to one day wake up and take a long look in the mirror?
So who do you look out for? I care for myself and my family. I care for people I want to care for. Not you, not your government, have the the right to take what I earn by force and give it to whomever, or whatever cause, you see fit or deserving. You're damned right, I've got mine, and I want to dispose of mine the way I best see fit. If you, or anyone else, wants what the things I have earned, get off your dead lazy ass and go earn things like them for yourself.
What good unions may have one time done, they have completely annulled because they are now as corrupt and criminal as the government. But for those with weak minds and lacking the ability to stand up on their own hind legs, like men, unions are their weapon of choice to get their way. You rant about personal responsibility? Sure you do, but you have no sense of the true meaning of that phrase. You would rather sit on your hunkers and feed off the scraps tossed to you by your union masters, not taking any responsibility for what you might accomplish on your own, if only...

Oscar Wilde

Oh, and because you have obviously NOT been paying attention, I will reiterate: I am not a Republican. You do not know who I might support politically. I am a veteran, and I support veterans' charities. But that is my choice.
By-the-way, how many disabled veterans have you taken under your roof?

Oscar Wilde

As usual, you're just playing the obnoxious troll hoping to get a reaction out of people :trolls:

This technique of yours is dumb as hell. Nobody is biting. And even if they did, do you really find satisfaction in that (and if so, why?!?!)?

The fact is, it's the liberal hippies on the left that are draft dodgers. Bill Clinton dodged the draft like the coward he is. Barack Obama refused to serve in this country or his home country of Kenya.

The fact is, it's the liberal dumbocrats that loathe the military. While the right bends over backwards for them and a strong defense, all the left does is cut their funding and treat them like shit (Bill Clinton gutted defense half a trillion dollars over his 8 years in office and here we are again with Barack Obama cutting many billions from them).

Oscar Wilde

I wonder how the world would change if people like you were to one day wake up and take a long look in the mirror?
So who do you look out for? I care for myself and my family. I care for people I want to care for. Not you, not your government, have the the right to take what I earn by force and give it to whomever, or whatever cause, you see fit or deserving. You're damned right, I've got mine, and I want to dispose of mine the way I best see fit. If you, or anyone else, wants what the things I have earned, get off your dead lazy ass and go earn things like them for yourself.
What good unions may have one time done, they have completely annulled because they are now as corrupt and criminal as the government. But for those with weak minds and lacking the ability to stand up on their own hind legs, like men, unions are their weapon of choice to get their way. You rant about personal responsibility? Sure you do, but you have no sense of the true meaning of that phrase. You would rather sit on your hunkers and feed off the scraps tossed to you by your union masters, not taking any responsibility for what you might accomplish on your own, if only...

Have you completely lost your mind GW? You expect these people to get off their lazy asses and EARN something for themselves? They are called parasites for a reason.

Furthermore, even when they actually do earn something, the greedy bastards (think Hollywood limousine leer jet liberals and people like Bill Maher) sit on the hundreds of millions while demanding government provide for the poor (even though they have the resources to do it all themselves). They have gaudy, ostentatious mansions worth tens of millions of dollars and then cry how people have no insurance, or need food, etc. Well here's a though you greedy, despicable bastards, build a "modest" (and yes, that is tongue in cheek) $500,000 home and use the tens and tens of millions for those people you "cry" for. These people are sick - very sick. And I have no idea how they open their mouth's considering the extraordinary hypocrisy that comes out.

Oscar Wilde

Oh, and because you have obviously NOT been paying attention, I will reiterate: I am not a Republican. You do not know who I might support politically. I am a veteran, and I support veterans' charities. But that is my choice.
By-the-way, how many disabled veterans have you taken under your roof?

The answer, of course, would be ZERO. And I guarantee you they have never donated even one time to a charity for those that have served. Not once.

In fact, their idea of showing appreciation for what you veterans have sacrificed for us is to complain about the defense budget (half of what the despicable welfare budget is) and demand that it be slashed.

We're dealing with children. Uneducated, self-centered, children....

So you are saying the government, meaning any government, federal, state or local should never spend money, because that's the only way the government could not contribute to the GDP. You call me stupid and you don't know how GDP is calculated? Why aren't you stupid for saying what you said?

The government doesn't contribute one thin dime to the GDP. Paying for a services does not contribute to GDP.

Forum List

Back