Educating Democrats: Economics

If you think I'm a republican, you are stupid. The government should not be contributing to the GDP. You are so stupid.

So you are saying the government, meaning any government, federal, state or local should never spend money, because that's the only way the government could not contribute to the GDP. You call me stupid and you don't know how GDP is calculated? Why aren't you stupid for saying what you said?

The government doesn't contribute one thin dime to the GDP. Paying for a services does not contribute to GDP.

Technicially this is true. If government taxes a dollar and spends it so the taxpayer cant spend it, net spending does not change. GDP actually shrinks as soviet libturd Solyndra bureaucrats tend to waste other peoples money.

I have my doubts that people like gallantwarrior are cynical and believe selfish, stingy and anti-social better describes them. They're not the type of people who are grateful for what was done for them and you can see evidence of that in who they support politically and how the Republican Party treats veterans. Those draft dodgers recently in office had no problem using the military to fight for their corporate interests and next they will try to skip out on their obligations to assist the injured veterans, they created. The Republican way of life is to make their profit and leave the mess for others to clean up. Who gets stuck cleaning up the one toxic waste site for every three hundred Americans? Who gets stuck cleaning up the nuclear wastes from nuclear power plants? The people who made a profit off of these activities aren't going to pick up the tab. The Republican way is to live in a "I've got mine, fuck you world." I don't think these people are cynical in the sense that they doubt the effectiveness making a change would produce, I think they are always looking out for Number One and if they don't see an immediate benefit for themselves, they oppose the change and conserve the status quo. If it's going to cost them a dollar to keep disabled veterans from living miserable lives, they aren't going to want the government to spend the money. For right-wingers like gallantwarrior, personal responsibility is always something for the other person to have. You can find that type all over the internet.

I wonder how the world would change if people like you were to one day wake up and take a long look in the mirror?
So who do you look out for? I care for myself and my family. I care for people I want to care for. Not you, not your government, have the the right to take what I earn by force and give it to whomever, or whatever cause, you see fit or deserving. You're damned right, I've got mine, and I want to dispose of mine the way I best see fit. If you, or anyone else, wants what the things I have earned, get off your dead lazy ass and go earn things like them for yourself.
What good unions may have one time done, they have completely annulled because they are now as corrupt and criminal as the government. But for those with weak minds and lacking the ability to stand up on their own hind legs, like men, unions are their weapon of choice to get their way. You rant about personal responsibility? Sure you do, but you have no sense of the true meaning of that phrase. You would rather sit on your hunkers and feed off the scraps tossed to you by your union masters, not taking any responsibility for what you might accomplish on your own, if only...

Have you completely lost your mind GW? You expect these people to get off their lazy asses and EARN something for themselves? They are called parasites for a reason.

Furthermore, even when they actually do earn something, the greedy bastards (think Hollywood limousine leer jet liberals and people like Bill Maher) sit on the hundreds of millions while demanding government provide for the poor (even though they have the resources to do it all themselves). They have gaudy, ostentatious mansions worth tens of millions of dollars and then cry how people have no insurance, or need food, etc. Well here's a though you greedy, despicable bastards, build a "modest" (and yes, that is tongue in cheek) $500,000 home and use the tens and tens of millions for those people you "cry" for. These people are sick - very sick. And I have no idea how they open their mouth's considering the extraordinary hypocrisy that comes out.

You aren't expecting me to argue, are you?:eusa_clap:

use the tens and tens of millions for those people you "cry" for. These people are sick - very sick.

It is odd that liberals don't give to charity nearly as much as conservatives do. This could be because they really don't care after all or because they are sheeple who cant imagine they should do anything when it is government's job to do everything.

use the tens and tens of millions for those people you "cry" for. These people are sick - very sick.

It is odd that liberals don't give to charity nearly as much as conservatives do. This could be because they really don't care after all or because they are sheeple who cant imagine they should do anything when it is government's job to do everything.

They ONLY care when it's someone else's money. If they have to do anything themselves or it's their money, they wouldn't care if people died.

A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing.
Oscar Wilde

Do you have your own individual health care policy, or are you covered by a family member's policy?

Unions have fought for and won benefits that you take for granted. It is sad that you are so obtuse to that fact. Ironic, conservatives claim they believe in honoring what our ancestors accomplished and 'conserving' it. The truth is today's right wingers are total narcissist morons who shit on the grave of our ancestors. Men and women fought and some died to gain what you believe YOU accomplished...

What Republicans used to stand for...

"Labor is the United States. The men and women, who with their minds, their hearts and hands, create the wealth that is shared in this country—they are America."
President Dwight D. Eisenhower

I have my doubts that people like gallantwarrior are cynical and believe selfish, stingy and anti-social better describes them. They're not the type of people who are grateful for what was done for them and you can see evidence of that in who they support politically and how the Republican Party treats veterans. Those draft dodgers recently in office had no problem using the military to fight for their corporate interests and next they will try to skip out on their obligations to assist the injured veterans, they created. The Republican way of life is to make their profit and leave the mess for others to clean up. Who gets stuck cleaning up the one toxic waste site for every three hundred Americans? Who gets stuck cleaning up the nuclear wastes from nuclear power plants? The people who made a profit off of these activities aren't going to pick up the tab. The Republican way is to live in a "I've got mine, fuck you world." I don't think these people are cynical in the sense that they doubt the effectiveness making a change would produce, I think they are always looking out for Number One and if they don't see an immediate benefit for themselves, they oppose the change and conserve the status quo. If it's going to cost them a dollar to keep disabled veterans from living miserable lives, they aren't going to want the government to spend the money. For right-wingers like gallantwarrior, personal responsibility is always something for the other person to have. You can find that type all over the internet.

As usual, you're just playing the obnoxious troll hoping to get a reaction out of people :trolls:

This technique of yours is dumb as hell. Nobody is biting. And even if they did, do you really find satisfaction in that (and if so, why?!?!)?

The fact is, it's the liberal hippies on the left that are draft dodgers. Bill Clinton dodged the draft like the coward he is. Barack Obama refused to serve in this country or his home country of Kenya.

The fact is, it's the liberal dumbocrats that loathe the military. While the right bends over backwards for them and a strong defense, all the left does is cut their funding and treat them like shit (Bill Clinton gutted defense half a trillion dollars over his 8 years in office and here we are again with Barack Obama cutting many billions from them).

Let's see you post evidence Clinton was around the right age for a draft and Obama didn't have wars happening when he was at age and there was no draft. Bush and Cheney were at the right age and they were draft dodgers, one with a boil on his ass. I guess he didn't think of shitting himself like Ted Nugent. Your buddy Wayne LaPierre claims he was having nervous breakdowns and dodged the draft. When issues about veterans arise in the future, let's see how Republicans vote, if they are still around.

Oscar Wilde

Do you have your own individual health care policy, or are you covered by a family member's policy?

Unions have fought for and won benefits that you take for granted. It is sad that you are so obtuse to that fact. Ironic, conservatives claim they believe in honoring what our ancestors accomplished and 'conserving' it. The truth is today's right wingers are total narcissist morons who shit on the grave of our ancestors. Men and women fought and some died to gain what you believe YOU accomplished...

"Labor is the United States. The men and women, who with their minds, their hearts and hands, create the wealth that is shared in this country—they are America."

Oh, and because you have obviously NOT been paying attention, I will reiterate: I am not a Republican. You do not know who I might support politically. I am a veteran, and I support veterans' charities. But that is my choice.
By-the-way, how many disabled veterans have you taken under your roof?

There has always been one with me that refused any disability benefits.

If you support veterans, stop doing the work of the Republican Party!

Oscar Wilde

I wonder how the world would change if people like you were to one day wake up and take a long look in the mirror?
So who do you look out for? I care for myself and my family. I care for people I want to care for. Not you, not your government, have the the right to take what I earn by force and give it to whomever, or whatever cause, you see fit or deserving. You're damned right, I've got mine, and I want to dispose of mine the way I best see fit. If you, or anyone else, wants what the things I have earned, get off your dead lazy ass and go earn things like them for yourself.
What good unions may have one time done, they have completely annulled because they are now as corrupt and criminal as the government. But for those with weak minds and lacking the ability to stand up on their own hind legs, like men, unions are their weapon of choice to get their way. You rant about personal responsibility? Sure you do, but you have no sense of the true meaning of that phrase. You would rather sit on your hunkers and feed off the scraps tossed to you by your union masters, not taking any responsibility for what you might accomplish on your own, if only...

Try paying your taxes and STFU!

Your type finds every excuse to be selfish, so you look in the mirror for a change!

Oh, and because you have obviously NOT been paying attention, I will reiterate: I am not a Republican. You do not know who I might support politically. I am a veteran, and I support veterans' charities. But that is my choice.
By-the-way, how many disabled veterans have you taken under your roof?

The answer, of course, would be ZERO. And I guarantee you they have never donated even one time to a charity for those that have served. Not once.

In fact, their idea of showing appreciation for what you veterans have sacrificed for us is to complain about the defense budget (half of what the despicable welfare budget is) and demand that it be slashed.

We're dealing with children. Uneducated, self-centered, children....

The answer is, you're a fool!

Your type finds every excuse to be selfish, so you look in the mirror for a change!

Interesting. At some deep level you know I am right. The fact that you have no more viable response than to resort to childish expletives indicates that.

I pay taxes? Do you? You have also failed abysmally to show how I am any more selfish than you are.

If you think I'm a republican, you are stupid. The government should not be contributing to the GDP. You are so stupid.

So you are saying the government, meaning any government, federal, state or local should never spend money, because that's the only way the government could not contribute to the GDP. You call me stupid and you don't know how GDP is calculated? Why aren't you stupid for saying what you said?

The government doesn't contribute one thin dime to the GDP. Paying for a services does not contribute to GDP.

Is there any way you people can't be always stupid? The government buys things and that has to contribute to GDP. When the government transfers money, like social security, wages, etc., that isn't counted as government spending to calculate GDP. The money is calculated as consumer spending and investment, if it's saved.

All you have to do is look up how GDP is calculated in any encyclopedia and true government spending, like buying a pencil, is the same contributor to GDP as any other way to buy a pencil. How complicated is that?

Technicially this is true. If government taxes a dollar and spends it so the taxpayer cant spend it, net spending does not change. GDP actually shrinks as soviet libturd Solyndra bureaucrats tend to waste other peoples money.

Money doesn't disappear, unless it is physically lost. Money just changes hands.

Have you completely lost your mind GW? You expect these people to get off their lazy asses and EARN something for themselves? They are called parasites for a reason.

Furthermore, even when they actually do earn something, the greedy bastards (think Hollywood limousine leer jet liberals and people like Bill Maher) sit on the hundreds of millions while demanding government provide for the poor (even though they have the resources to do it all themselves). They have gaudy, ostentatious mansions worth tens of millions of dollars and then cry how people have no insurance, or need food, etc. Well here's a though you greedy, despicable bastards, build a "modest" (and yes, that is tongue in cheek) $500,000 home and use the tens and tens of millions for those people you "cry" for. These people are sick - very sick. And I have no idea how they open their mouth's considering the extraordinary hypocrisy that comes out.

Why should you argue with a fool telling retired people to work, when they have already done their work? Let us know when you don't have to work!

The major funders for foundations are not conservatives. Conservatives targeted the Christians after Goldwater's defeat to expand their base. They conned the Christians into believing they were against abortion, but 6 Republican appointees to the Supreme Court voted for Roe v Wade and only 1 Democrat appointee did. The Republicans are great at making issues out of things they have done. It used to be corruption in government, which meant Republican corruption in government. They wore that one out. It's the Christians who donate to charity and I doubt you give a dime.

It's the Christians who donate to charity and I doubt you give a dime.

its conservative Christians who give in church and out. THere are many books on it like "Who Really Cares". Does the illiterate want the the rest of the list??

see why we are positive liberal will be slow?

Interesting. At some deep level you know I am right. The fact that you have no more viable response than to resort to childish expletives indicates that.

I pay taxes? Do you? You have also failed abysmally to show how I am any more selfish than you are.

I grew up as a Sputnik child, so why do you keep claiming you know something about a complete stranger? You blew the disabled veteran bit by not assuming you were talking to a disabled veteran and when offered benefits, I told them to stick it up their ass.

Stick something up your ass and get it to tell your head it's time to leave!

Why should you argue with a fool telling retired people to work, when they have already done their work? Let us know when you don't have to work!

Where in his response did Rottweiler say anything about retirees working?

its conservative Christians who give in church and out. THere are many books on it like "Who Really Cares". Does the illiterate want the the rest of the list??

It's Christians who give and the conservative movement targeted Christians nearly 50 years ago. There are no think tanks spending 60 years pushing a liberal agenda, but the conservatives have plenty pulling your strings. The conservatives just have more Christians and that's it. They don't have them all.

I grew up as a Sputnik child, so why do you keep claiming you know something about a complete stranger? You blew the disabled veteran bit by not assuming you were talking to a disabled veteran and when offered benefits, I told them to stick it up their ass.

Stick something up your ass and get it to tell your head it's time to leave!

Why do you?

It's Christians who give and the conservative movement targeted Christians nearly 50 years ago. There are no think tanks spending 60 years pushing a liberal agenda, but the conservatives have plenty pulling your strings. The conservatives just have more Christians and that's it. They don't have them all.

if the illliterate would read a book or two on it you'd find that conservatives give more to charity!!

Are you trying to demonstrate how illiterate you are?? If you do't know about something, shut up!!!

Where in his response did Rottweiler say anything about retirees working?

You did, fool, and the cur agreed.

get off your dead lazy ass and go earn things like them for yourself.

Forum List

Back