🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Effort To Kill The Iran Deal Dies In The Senate

Hitler sounds like a Fox News commentator.
You sound like a moron.
Non-stop moaning about multiculturalism, blacks on food stamps, Mexicans, Muslims, and gays. Constant fearmongering.

Yep. Fox News has much in common with Hitler. In fact, they fit his description of a party propaganda outlet perfectly.
The Nazis issued food stamps? Theyhad lots of blacks there? WOw, who knew.
Like I said, you sound like a moron.

To the topic: Democrats have managed to weasel out of any responsibility, even for a bill they themselves voted for. They have lost any legitimacy or moral standing they may have ever had.

Go wave your god damned war banner and STFU
Eat shit,asshole.
You cant refute a single thing I've written. You cant even try.
Since you didn't really say anything, that's about the only true thing you've said.

You sound like a moron.
Non-stop moaning about multiculturalism, blacks on food stamps, Mexicans, Muslims, and gays. Constant fearmongering.

Yep. Fox News has much in common with Hitler. In fact, they fit his description of a party propaganda outlet perfectly.

To the topic: Democrats have managed to weasel out of any responsibility, even for a bill they themselves voted for. They have lost any legitimacy or moral standing they may have ever had.

Eat shit,asshole.
Since you didn't really say anything, that's about the only true thing you've said.
Thanks. You didnt say anything true. Not just in this post either. Or this thread. All of your posts are truth-free rantings about the GOP and drinking piss, your favorite fetish.

Eat shit,asshole.
Thanks. You didnt say anything true. Not just in this post either. Or this thread. All of your posts are truth-free rantings about the GOP and drinking piss, your favorite fetish.
I had a lot more fun than you did, though. :badgrin:

I've stomped out all the lies about the Iran agreement in other topics. Very ably. It helps that I have read the agreement while the parrots just regurgitate the lies fed to them by their masters. That makes it a piece of cake to expose their stupidity and ignorance. They brought a limp dick to a gunfight.

Eat shit,asshole.

I've stomped out all the lies about the Iran agreement in other topics. Very ably. It helps that I have read the agreement while the parrots just regurgitate the lies fed to them by their masters. That makes it a piece of cake to expose their stupidity and ignorance.
Since the administration has not released all the side agreements you could not have read the whole agreement. The fact that you think you have indicates you are an Obama piss drinker, and easily dismissable.

Eat shit,asshole.

I've stomped out all the lies about the Iran agreement in other topics. Very ably. It helps that I have read the agreement while the parrots just regurgitate the lies fed to them by their masters. That makes it a piece of cake to expose their stupidity and ignorance.
Since the administration has not released all the side agreements you could not have read the whole agreement. The fact that you think you have indicates you are an Obama piss drinker, and easily dismissable.
I have read the agreement. You rubes have read nothing except hack media reports. And yet you babble on about the agreement, parroting what has been fed to you. And the bullshit you parrot about the side agreements is wrong.

It's pretty obvious who the piss drinkers are. Every time one of you spews the lie there are no snap inspections, or that Iran will monitor itself.

Oh.....tomorrow is the Democrat's Fuck Your Flag day.

A day set aside by the Democrat's Black Lives Matter group to kill as many cops as possible.

National NI66ERS jus bein" NI66ERS day! I believe their objective is to blow up Stone Mt., and that beautiful sculpture also.... They have a lot on their table!

imagesqtbnANd9GcRZ6d_Ijm18O_zZ6vApchHlqZoPFAJ61o7MsKl-7iqu2G0IevoRTWaZ0r5VtA.jpg

Eat shit,asshole.

I have read the agreement. You rubes have read nothing except hack media reports. And yet you babble on about the agreement, parroting what has been fed to you. And the bullshit you parrot about the side agreements is wrong.

It's pretty obvious who the piss drinkers are. Every time one of you spews the lie there are no snap inspections, or that Iran will monitor itself.
LOL. Yeah sure. Youhave lots of credibility. Anyone who disagrees with you , including media reports, are just lies.
You would make Goebbels proud!

Wow, democrats whined and complained when republicans used filibuster on simple stuff like appointments when they were in the minority. Democrats even changed the rules (illegally?) to stop filibuster and here they are using the tactic to prevent a vote about the balance of nuclear power in the Mid-East. What a bunch of treasonous a-holes. Americans might have short memories like they did when democrats tried to undermine the mission In Iraq but I hope they remember this particular act of treason.

Tell ya what, why don't you get a movement going to get rid of the filibuster altogether. I'm sure the Dems will appreciate it, considering they're favored to take back the Senate next year.

:)

Oh.....tomorrow is the Democrat's Fuck Your Flag day.

A day set aside by the Democrat's Black Lives Matter group to kill as many cops as possible.

National NI66ERS jus bein" NI66ERS day! I believe their objective is to blow up Stone Mt., and that beautiful sculpture also.... They have a lot on their table!

imagesqtbnANd9GcRZ6d_Ijm18O_zZ6vApchHlqZoPFAJ61o7MsKl-7iqu2G0IevoRTWaZ0r5VtA.jpg
Why should anyone be mad on a message board... it's full of shitheads, like yourself, and then there are the decent folk...all quite entertaining!

Hitler sounds like a Fox News commentator.
You sound like a moron.

Eat shit,asshole.

Refute?? Hell...what you say is opinion and has nothing to do with fact. You appear to be an opinionated right wing neocon who spends his days fucking around. Do you actually have a job?

You sound like a moron.

Eat shit,asshole.

Refute?? Hell...what you say is opinion and has nothing to do with fact. You appear to be an opinionated right wing neocon who spends his days fucking around. Do you actually have a job?
No I post fact. You post obscenities. Dont tell me someone actually hired you once.

Eat shit,asshole.

No I post fact. You post obscenities. Dont tell me someone actually hired you once.

I was hired by Union Carbide Corporation Oct. 1, 1952 to be trained as a process operator at the K-25 gaseous diffusion plant(ORGDP) There were 83 others hired at the same time for the same type position. The course lasted 27 months and we were trained in the operation techniques and requirements in fourteen areas of the plant. We even
worked a shift rotation(28 days) in the air plant, the water plant(sanitary) and the water cooling facilities(process.)

A typical shift rotation consisted of five days of classroom instruction and the other twenty three days operating in the area assigned to us for that period. The concept was designed by Roland Murphy who at the successful completion of our training was promoted to head of education for all of Carbide’s divisions of which there were nine at that time. He relocated to UC’s corporate office in NY and I lost touch with him after that.

We were trained in the flows of gas, pressure control, cascade flow, operating temperatures, barrier material, electric power consumption, water tower cooling, Freon cooling systems which were massive for the bigger cells, preparing a cell for required maintenance, cold traps, Hydrogen Flouride(HF) storage, purge and evacuation stations, tops purge, side purge, feed room techniques, product withdrawal, electric and pneumatic instrumentation, handling of fluorine and chlorine triflouride(CLF3) cylinders, leak testing, the process seal, barrier tube manufacturing, control room operation, power distribution etc. We took a turn in each important aspect of a process stage, of which there were 4400 stretched out across a two mile long run of buildings.

The plants were the original(K-25), plus K-27, K-29, K-31 and K-33. K-33 contained the largest equipment housed in the third largest steel structure in the world at that time falling behind the Eifel Tower and the Empire State building. K-33 went on stream in mid 1954 and it’s dimensions were awesome. The single building was 81 ft. high, covered more than 32 acres, had two floors and a partial basement. It’s part of the gaseous diffusion cascade consisted of the main feed facility which fed the low grade uranium, 640 separation stages each one made up of a converter the size of a small house which contained 4000 individual barrier tubes(tube bundle), an axial compressor and a 2000HP GE or Westinghouse electric motor...later upgraded to 3500HP. The motors were each mounted on a 3ft high slab of concrete and were the size of a compact car. The connecting pipes made of monel steel were one each 60" diameter, 24" diameter and 18" diameter. There was so much top grade steel in the facility that in the 1990's when they first began to demolish the plants they regulated the amount of steel they released at any one time in order to lessen the price effects on the world market.

The supply voltage to each of the 640 stages in K-33 was 4480AC and during normal cascade operation would float around 600-800 amps per stage. On down surges which were infrequent I’ve seen all the stages in a cell pinned at 1000 amps. When the single plant was completed and on stream it used more electric power than the city of Chicago.

When all the gaseous diffusion plants were completed and on stream, Oak Ridge, Portsmouth, Savannah River, Paducah etc. combined they consumed 10% of all the generated power in the United States.
I worked as a process operator in the three axial plants, K-29, K-31 and K-33 for ten years minus the time I served in the military then transferred to the computer center.

When I reported for my first day in the data processing center at K-25 around the first of February, 1961 the K-1007 building had just been completed and the personnel were in the process of relocating from their offices inside the restricted area and the installation of a new state-of-the-art IBM 7090 systems was under way. This was the first IBM transistor machine replacing the IBM 704 which was a system using all vacuum tubes. The 704 was located inside the restricted area and required a room about 100ft. X 60ft. to house all the racks of diode vacuum tubes. As you might imagine the heat generated by all those tubes required a massive amount of cooling. The memory of that computer was made up of series of cores. An individual magnetic core was about the size of a pinhead and was shaped like a doughnut with a hole in the center. In a 704, thousands of cores were strung on a complex of wires in such a fashion that several wires passed through the center of each core. In the old days memory was called core. The 704's total RAM was about 8000 7 bit characters. There was a drum for online storage and magnetic tapes and punched cards were used for input and output. The early magnetic tapes were such that after characters were recorded on them one could take some small iron filings mixed with a solvent and actually develop the tape and read the BCD characters which were recorded on it.....about 150 characters per inch of tape. The new IBM 7090 cost about $2,000,000 plus site prep and was a step above the 704 because of the transistor technology but would still run programs coded for the 704 using a compatibility feature which could be turned off and on before processing a job. All jobs were processed individually and required the entire system during execution.

The memory in the 7090 was 32,768 words(262,144 digits or characters) and was submerged in a bath of oil for cooling. The IBM technicians kept a 55 gallon barrel of light weight motor oil and it was scheduled to be changed every six months.

We added a second 7090, $2.5 million and began to catch up again. Meanwhile IBM had introduced the first 360 systems and we broke into that generation with a model 40. We used it to process input and output for the two 7090's. Prior to that we had used all 1401's of which we finally had four in the center. The IBM 1401 had a 4000 character
memory....4K

In the mid 60's we purchased an IBM 360, 2050...memory size, 512 KB. Very shortly after that we added a 360 model 65 which was a very obvious giant step forward. With the 50/65 we were able to run a support program live and do printing and card reading, punching input/output simultaneously with the processing of regular compilations or job executions. We continued to add online disk drives which used a 20 platter disk which weighed about 15 pounds but could be changed by an operator when preparing for job execution. Through all this we continued to operate one of the old 7090's because several of the production programs had not been totally converted to the new systems.

In the late 1960's the government purchased eight state-of-the-art 360/195's. The government qualified for a discount for purchasing that many systems so they cost $8.5 million each. The 195 was one of the biggest, fastest computers known to man at that time. NOAA got two of them and the others went to other centers similar to ours and the national labs out west. The 195 had a "massive" one megabyte of RAM and used a feature called pipe lining instructions which was a look ahead feature which gained about 1/3 speed in actual job execution.

After the first year we needed to upgrade the 195 system to 2 megabytes of RAM and went out for bids. The company who won the bid sent a team of five technicians and they kept the system all weekend, Friday 4:00PM till Monday about noon adding the 1 MB of memory. The cost....$1,200,000. The team worked in their sock feet because they had learned that if they stepped on a circuit board they normally wouldn't crush it as opposed to stepping on one with shoes on almost always did. Some of the critical boards were worth as much as $20,000 each. Believe it or not when we added the 195 we were still operating one of the 7090's. Finally about 1972 our dept announced that effective a certain date the 7090 would no longer be available. So help me the next morning after that announced date came up some programs were laying on a setup table to be run.

One of the biggest additions to our center as we continued to upgrade our IBM systems was in 1985 when we installed Oak Ridge's first super computer...the Cray XMP/24. We met with the Cray management and technical staff the first time about 14 months before the system became operational. The computer came at a cost of $8 million but required $2.5 million for site prep. We had to convert two offices to a refrigeration room and another office and what had been the K-1007 canteen to an electrical and motor generator room. It required a 14KVA electrical load center and two 250hp motor/generator sets. The MG's converted 60 cycle power to 120 cycle to smooth the input to the DC power supplies. The power and cooling for that system was unusual to say the least. Memory size...2 million 64-bit words (16 MB) of main memory in 16 banks. The memory circuit boards cost $100,000 each. Six years after we completed the installation of the Cray we paid a contractor $1000 to haul it away to a metals company because there were some gold, silver etc. in the circuit boards which with a proper reclamation process was worth something.

At our center's peak we had 41 technical employees operating 24/7, we had numerous IBM, HP, DEC CRAY, etc. systems and an unbelievable amount of telecommunications equipment. We also had plotters, laser printers, microfische film processors, etc.

The official DOE inventory showed that we had $66 million of equipment installed on 18,000 sq. ft. of floating floor space and were at that time the main computing center for the K-25 Gaseous Diffusion plant, the Oak Ridge National Laboratory and the nuclear weapons plant at Y-12 which also had the world's largest nuclear materials storage facility in the world. Our annual power bill to the TVA was over half a million dollars and the center required 350 tons of refrigeration.

Just before I retired in 1993 I walked through the center among the five or six main systems with about 70 disk storage units dedicated to them and added up all the disk storage space. It totaled 11.7 gigabytes. Now my Canon digital camera has one chip with more storage than that. I have backup for all my user files from three PC's on flash drives. I keep all of them on a keychain. Who Da Thunk It?
The K-1007 Computing center for all plants paid TVA over $500,000 per year for power and required 350 tons of refrigeration.

Yeah...they hired me. I worked exactly 41 years. Oct 1, 1952 till Sept. 30th 1993. I lived in Oak Ridge 50 years, 1944 to 1994 then moved to a house on the lake after I retired.

Last edited:
Nah, that's that fake 'fair and unbalanced' bullshit Faux carps. Its a lie, which is what Faux is. The lie as a standard.
Fox News is going to lose its main viewer base of older white people soon..
Fox is beating the shit out of the other cable news orgs in viewers and profitability.
Cable News: Fact Sheet

Another con meme.

Faux has about 2 million viewers a day.

CBS, NBC, and ABC each has about 7-8 million viewers. Faux is a tiny cable tv channel and a propaganda outlet for the Republican party. It is not news and it does not have journalists.

Eat shit,asshole.

I was hired by Union Carbide Corporation Oct. 1, 1952 to be trained as a process operator at the K-25 gaseous diffusion plant(ORGDP) .
Your work involves expelling large amounts of hot gas. I see that hasnt changed any since retirement.

Nah, that's that fake 'fair and unbalanced' bullshit Faux carps. Its a lie, which is what Faux is. The lie as a standard.
Fox News is going to lose its main viewer base of older white people soon..
Fox is beating the shit out of the other cable news orgs in viewers and profitability.
Cable News: Fact Sheet

Another con meme.

Faux has about 2 million viewers a day.

CBS, NBC, and ABC each has about 7-8 million viewers. Faux is a tiny cable tv channel and a propaganda outlet for the Republican party. It is not news and it does not have journalists.
Try comparing cable to cable, asshole. Like what I wrote in my post.
Are you merely stupid or do you really not understand this?

Eat shit,asshole.

I was hired by Union Carbide Corporation Oct. 1, 1952 to be trained as a process operator at the K-25 gaseous diffusion plant(ORGDP) .
Your work involves expelling large amounts of hot gas. I see that hasnt changed any since retirement.

From 20 to 41 technical employees reported to me for the last 25 years I was in the business. I see you didn't notice that I transferred to the computing center in 1961.

At least I don't have to go around waving an antiquated battle flag to attempt to convince someone that I'm a man. Do you chew your bakky and drive your pickup truck around throwing out a beer can every 20 minutes?

4df95877bd7a46fec6f56fb7c93500ab.jpg

total unadulterated bullshit. The entire world believed that Saddam had WMDs. He gassed his own people. He said that he had them and would use them. Bush did not make it up. The UN believed it, so did the EU, UK, Saudi Arabia, Israel, the entire world.

Actually, a lot of people had doubts he still had them in 2003. But those people were ignored. More to the point, Bush decided he wasn't going to wait for inspectors to verify one way or the other. He was GOING TO WAR, DAMMIT!!!

Your so-called lord/serf society is the result of 70 years of dem control of congress and libtardian policies that create and maintain a dependent class. Your ideology has created the problem that you bitch about.

Horseshit. The thing is, most "entitlements" go to middle class white people.

The thing is, you guys think that things like Social Security, Unemployment Compensation and Medicare are just fine. And you'd be in a shitload of trouble if they didn't exist. You'd all get wiped out long before you ever hit retirement age.

BUt you whine and bitch about SNAP and TANF, because them Darkies are getting them.

Forum List

Back