Egyptian (Muslim Brotherhood) Morsi to be overthrown?-Military Moves in to take over

I'm beginning to really like the Egyptians!

They can see right through BO Hussein and his gang of cronies (like the rest of the world now;) )

Good on them! :D

This seems pretty self absorbed.
Nothing wrong with that, if it's on-target. The truth of the matter is, that Fearless Leader is NOT the bridge between the Western World and the Muslim World that his most ardent supporters had hoped, some years ago, and our colleague was (apparently) applauding the fact that Obama had indicated support for Morsi earlier, and that that support has apparently backfired, in light of today's events. We all express things differently, but I understood the meaning, and, distilled-down to a few words, there is some considerable merit in the idea.

This is not the first time Muslim Brotherhood came into power in Egypt.

And you know what happened in their first try, I believe in 70's-80's; they got democratically elected, and declared democracy no more because it is gods ruling(sharia) won the elections(them), and gods rule has no dispute, therefore democracy is not needed.

I wonder what the US Army would do if this was the case in this country.

Nothing wrong with that, if it's on-target.

It isn't really on target though and pretty much ignores 99% of what is actually going on and has been going on in Egypt for decades. We've always utilized aid in Egypt to ensure that they play nice with Israel and to ensure stability surrounding the Suez Canal. That wasn't going to change under Obama, nor should it have, so I'm not sure why any of you are criticizing Obama or even the US over an issue that is largely Egyptian.

The truth of the matter is, that Fearless Leader is NOT the bridge between the Western World and the Muslim World that his most ardent supporters had hoped,

And this (in Egypt) is mainly because of Obama's strong support for Israel relative to Egyptian's expectations. It doesn't have as much to do with the Arab Spring as some here seem to think.

And of course we verbally supported Morsi, it was pretty clear that Mubarak was on his way out and we aren't going to immediately spurn the new administration, especially when that administration is democratically elected, on Israel's border, a major partner in the war on terror, and controls the Suez Canal.

And you know what happened in their first try, I believe in 70's-80's; they got democratically elected, and declared democracy no more because it is gods ruling(sharia) won the elections(them), and gods rule has no dispute, therefore democracy is not needed.

POTUS is CiC

Not so in Egypt

Last edited:

The Muslim Brotherhood was banned in Egypt during the 1970's and 80's.

What Egypt should do is not allow in any more American ambassadors as long as obama is presidebt.

The Muslim Brotherhood was banned in Egypt during the 1970's and 80's.

Sorry, Muslim Brotherhood in Algeria that was. Egypt saw that coming and act faster.

So, democracy is NOT islamic. Islam and Democracy are 2 concepts that conflict each other. The dilemma is, would you allow a political movement that declared would end democracy, into democracy? Does anti-democrats have democratic rights?

Million dollar question...

Sorry, Muslim Brotherhood in Algeria that was. Egypt saw that coming and act faster.

The Muslim Brotherhood never held power in Algeria. You must be thinking of the 1992 civil war there with the FIS and GSPC?

Not exactly the scenario you described.

So, democracy is NOT islamic. Islam and Democracy are 2 concepts that conflict each other.

A majority of Muslims would probably disagree with you (I have the polling data if you'd like it).

The dilemma is, would you allow a political movement that declared would end democracy, into democracy?

The Muslim Brotherhood isn't anti-Democracy.

All true. And maybe the Military isn the Grown-UP in the room, as I said.

But, generally, as a rule, military coups rarely have happy endings. Usually, when they have to hand back power, the people are even more resentful. See Turkey and Pakistan as examples.

well, federal law requires we kill Aid to the 'gov.". this is going to get dicey.

Maybe. But let's not forget, we've kept the spigot of aid going to Pakistan despite both a military coup AND the fact they were freaking hiding Bin Laden since 2005. So I'm not so sure about our ability to make those kinds of judgements.

Here's the thing. The Aid to Egypt is mostly contingent upon them upholding the Camp David Accord and playing nice with Israel. The Egyptian military is more likely to do that than Morsi was.

if I recall the law of 1961, applies 'ex post facto' - as in a gov. in being or 'extent' as it was here...... if we give a standing gov. aid that has had a coup before aid was proffered, I don't think that counts, the language is as usual, government legalese.....

[a]nd any provision of an Act making appropriations for the Department of State, foreign operations, and related programs that restricts assistance to the government of any country whose duly elected head of government is deposed by military coup or decree, and except as otherwise provided in this subchapter, amounts authorized to be made available to carry out paragraph (2) for fiscal years 2010 and 2011 are authorized to be made available notwithstanding any other provision of law.

22 USC § 8422 - Authorization of assistance | Title 22 - Foreign Relations and Intercourse | U.S. Code | LII / Legal Information Institute

I love it when Obama's puppets get kicked out., but what I'd like more is to see this sonofabitch hang by his neck. That would be fun to watch.

Will they be that jubilant when they find out the new regime has no more of a clue as to how to solve the country's problems than Mubarek or Morsi did?
Dunno... but, at least now they get a shot at a new Constitution that wasn't rammed down their throats in a few weeks, bypassing the courts, etc.

What Egypt should do is not allow in any more American ambassadors as long as obama is presidebt.

And lose our aid money and counter terror support? Why would Egypt do that? :confused:

obama already suspended aid to Egypt. He had to. There are a couple of laws he's not willing to break.

Under U.S. law, the government must suspend foreign aid to any nation whose elected leader is ousted in a coup d'etat. The U.S. provides $1.5 billion a year to Egypt in military and economic assistance that is considered a critical U.S. national security priority.

You know obama is seething over his butt buddy getting his ass handed to him.

The Muslim Brotherhood never held power in Algeria. You must be thinking of the 1992 civil war there with the FIS and GSPC?

Not exactly the scenario you described.

So, democracy is NOT islamic. Islam and Democracy are 2 concepts that conflict each other.

A majority of Muslims would probably disagree with you (I have the polling data if you'd like it).

The dilemma is, would you allow a political movement that declared would end democracy, into democracy?

The Muslim Brotherhood isn't anti-Democracy.

Yeah, please do show me the poll numbers, lets see how many muslims want democracy...

But also show me how muslims describe democracy too. Ask them if they would be ok people exercising their democratic rights on streets. Lets see if any gays can hang around holding hands in any muslim country...

Muslims like to give "democracy" term such a twist, it would be a shame for any human being not to be able to achieve that level in its twisted shape. Even Mussolini would be considered a democrat in such terms.

I remember a quote from one of these islamic bullshit parties during the unrest in Turkey, he was saying: "They are lucky we are democrats, otherwise we would just step them over".

So, from the perspective of a muslim, he is a democrat as long as he doesn't murder you. And hey, I guess we should be thankful for that ha? There are some who can't even get to that level.

Last edited:

Egypt Sex Attacks Reach 'Horrific' Levels

Almost 100 women have been sexually assaulted in Cairo's Tahrir Square in just four days, according to Human Rights Watch.

The charity described the attacks as "rampant" and said they highlight the "failure of the government and all political parties to face up to the violence that women in Egypt experience on a daily basis".

Some of the 91 women assaulted were reportedly beaten with metal chains, chairs and sticks, while others were attacked with knives.

The assaults came as protests escalated in the square, culminating with the ousting of President Mohamed Morsi in a military coup.

Joe Stork, deputy Middle East director at Human Rights Watch, said: "These are serious crimes that are holding women back from participating fully in the public life of Egypt at a critical point in the country's development."

Some say the attacks are staged by thugs who are abusing a lack of security and are confident of escaping prosecution.

Others claim they are organised to scare women into not joining anti-government protests.

Human Rights Watch cited figures from a hotline for victims of sexual assault and Nazra for Feminist Studies, a women's rights group.

The watchdog called on Egyptian officials and political leaders to "condemn and take immediate steps to address the horrific levels of sexual violence" in the square.

MORSI OUSTED: Military Installs
Chief Justice to Replace President

Protesters erupt in cheers as Egyptian military commander announces President Morsi is no longer in control of Egypt and the country's constitution has been suspended, as Morsi condemns military measures as a 'full coup.'

Egypt's top military commander says the army is now in full control of the country and President Mohammed Morsi has been replaced by the chief justice of the constitutional court as the interim head of state.

He made the announcements in a Wednesday night speech -- the latest twist in an all-out power struggle inside Egypt that Morsi and his national security adviser are describing as a military coup.

Gen. Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi said the country's constitution has been temporarily suspended and Morsi has failed to meet the demands of Egypt's people. Adli Mansour will be the new interim leader.

Fireworks and cheers erupted from the millions gathered in Tahrir Square after the announcement was made.
Read more: Top Egyptian military commander says Morsi ousted as president | Fox News

well our relations with egypt should improve somewhat. We've been paying the military over there for decades, so bribing them again to work with us should be easy

The charity described the attacks as "rampant" and said they highlight the "failure of the government and all political parties to face up to the violence that women in Egypt experience on a daily basis".

Yes, it is all politics and government; I screwed up, because it is the politics and the government and israel... oh and aliens. He did this, she did that, it is all because of that I screwed it over and over and over again...

It is nice to have something to blame when you fuck it up. I think I would be the happiest person in life if I had something to blame each time I fuck up. No wonder why suicide rates are much much higher in the west compared to middle east. Depression, related to pressure and expectation rates should be at the bottom in the middle east shithole I bet.

Forum List

Back