El Chapo, a Mexican Folk Hero

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
18MEXICO5-facebookJumbo-v2.jpg

I've heard this first hand and was told people felt safer around him than their local police. Said he care for the little people and improves their lives while government officials get fat and live in luxury.

The drug dealers do more for the people than the government does,” said Eric Reyes, 33, a systems engineer from Mexico City, who stopped by the shrine out of curiosity while on vacation. “If you live in a dealer’s territory he treats you well. The government won’t do anything for you. It’s all bureaucracy and red tape.”

This comes from Public Enemy? At Home in Mexico, ‘El Chapo’ Is Folk Hero No. 1 @ http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/18/w...many-mexicans-hearts.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

That would be great if his "Organization" wasn't shipping illegal products into the United States and making illegal border crossings to do it.

El Chapo sounds like something I had for lunch at Taco Bell. "I'd Like An Extra Large El Chapo, hold the lettuce and extra pickles please".

The drug dealers do more for the people than the government does,” said Eric Reyes, 33, a systems engineer from Mexico City, who stopped by the shrine out of curiosity while on vacation. “If you live in a dealer’s territory he treats you well. The government won’t do anything for you. It’s all bureaucracy and red tape.”
This really is at the heart of the issue. All these drug lords purchase loyalty from surrounding citizens, and have done so for a long time.

They view him as a Mexican Robin hood, doesn't change the fact that he and his organization are responsible for at least 1000 murders.

They might feel safe around him but I seriously doubt that "he (El Chapo) cares for the little people and improves their lives". No doubt the myth is promoted by idiots in the U.S. liberal media but El Chapo most likely addicts the little people to drugs and ruthlessly murders them if they get out of line.

I wonder how long these people would support him if the US had a real war on drugs and napalm/2000 lb bombs were falling on them regularly.

How long would the People support the Right, if they had to pay Wartime Tax rates for a real war on drugs.

Considering it would be carried out by removing ALL other US foreign military activities and bases the taxes would likely go down. Besides, if we actually carried it out as a War (no prisoners) it would be pretty short.

How long would the People support the Right, if they had to pay Wartime Tax rates for a real war on drugs.

Considering it would be carried out by removing ALL other US foreign military activities and bases the taxes would likely go down. Besides, if we actually carried it out as a War (no prisoners) it would be pretty short.
With only a vacuum of special pleading to work with? Are you claiming we should end our useless wars on Crime, Poverty, and Terror merely to engage in a "real" War on Drugs.

With only a vacuum of special pleading to work with? Are you claiming we should end our useless wars on Crime, Poverty, and Terror merely to engage in a "real" War on Drugs.

Poverty, Yes. I'm suggesting we limit the others to the appropriate area.... Our territory for the wars on Crime, Terror and Drugs and that we undertake them as actual WARS. If the criminals, terrorists and drug dealers stay away from the US we have no need to bother them.

Forum List

Back