🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Electoral College

I'm not afraid of dissolving the Electoral College.

People there are MILLIONS of good people stranded and isolated in scumbag States like Kalifornication, New Yawk, Illinois, etc who just simply don't bother voting because they know it don't mean nothing. Nothing.

If they thought their vote mattered, I believe that you'd see another 15 Million votes cast for Republican Presidential Candidates.
Right now, those people know that their votes just don't matter. That even if there are more Republican votes in a State, they probably wont be counted anyway.

And if we go to a National Election, then Federal Laws and Federal Law Enforcement will take over from the TOTALLY crooked scumbags now running things in dimocrap scum areas.

dimocrap scum just like to make noise. All they know how to do is bitch.

Seriously. They got nothing. After all the bitching and moaning, once they achieve power, they got nothing

Good read and video.

David Frum Advocates Electoral College Change, Citing Trump Win

I think it is a must it is maintained. I am curious to hear everyone's thoughts. As the read and video suggests, going National has some consequences that people may not like.

See this map. Libtardos want the small areas of blue to rule over the red areas. It will never happen and there is no way to get a change through Congress so it's all just bullshit ranting by the butthurt snowflakes.

The good news is the farther left the lunatics go the redder the map will get.

images

Land does not vote, people vote.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Yes the Leftists use that argument about Omar. She is not criticizing Jews, she is criticizing Israel. However, land and buildings don't make decisions, people do. So in fact Omar and Tlaib too are criticizing Jews....correct? Land indeed does not vote but there is a lot of red out there.

There is a lot of red, and a lot of wide open empty land that is red...does not really mean much

It means the 100-200 people in that vast land area voted red. What do you mean?

Do those 100 to 200 count more than the 10,000 people living in a city?

See this map. Libtardos want the small areas of blue to rule over the red areas. It will never happen and there is no way to get a change through Congress so it's all just bullshit ranting by the butthurt snowflakes.

The good news is the farther left the lunatics go the redder the map will get.

images

Yes the Leftists use that argument about Omar. She is not criticizing Jews, she is criticizing Israel. However, land and buildings don't make decisions, people do. So in fact Omar and Tlaib too are criticizing Jews....correct? Land indeed does not vote but there is a lot of red out there.

There is a lot of red, and a lot of wide open empty land that is red...does not really mean much

Well if those 200 own more acorage why not? LOL Those 10k may be as dumb as AOC and the 200 maybe very smart.

People there are MILLIONS of good people stranded and isolated in scumbag States like Kalifornication, New Yawk, Illinois, etc who just simply don't bother voting because they know it don't mean nothing. Nothing.

If they thought their vote mattered, I believe that you'd see another 15 Million votes cast for Republican Presidential Candidates.
Right now, those people know that their votes just don't matter. That even if there are more Republican votes in a State, they probably wont be counted anyway.

And if we go to a National Election, then Federal Laws and Federal Law Enforcement will take over from the TOTALLY crooked scumbags now running things in dimocrap scum areas.

Seriously. They got nothing. After all the bitching and moaning, once they achieve power, they got nothing

Wow, you're passionate about this. I live in MA and indeed my vote doesn't count.

The Senate is designed to level the playing field between large states and small states, both in size and population.

Well as noted previously...that playing field is NOT level. It is heavily tilted towards those smaller states

No, it is not. Why do you lie?

California has the same number of electoral votes as they have representatives in Congress. So does Wyoming. How is that tilted towards Wyoming?

Wyoming gets 1 electoral vote per every 192,000 people roughly while Cali gets one EC vote per every 677,000 people.

How is that not tilted towards Wyoming?

Wow, you're passionate about this. I live in MA and indeed my vote doesn't count.

Do you consider that a good thing?

Well if those 200 own more acorage why not? LOL Those 10k may be as dumb as AOC and the 200 maybe very smart.

Acreage does not vote so who cares how much they have?

I work with a small 2 acre floriculture operation that has more in sales and profit than most 10,000 acre grain farms.

Size does not matter

The Senate is designed to level the playing field between large states and small states, both in size and population.

Well as noted previously...that playing field is NOT level. It is heavily tilted towards those smaller states

California has the same number of electoral votes as they have representatives in Congress. So does Wyoming. How is that tilted towards Wyoming?

Wyoming gets 1 electoral vote per every 192,000 people roughly while Cali gets one EC vote per every 677,000 people.

What about Vermont? 3

What about Rhode Island? 4

What about Maine and Hawaii?? 4 each

Do you consider that a good thing?

No. I don't like that my state leans so Left but only because I really cannot understand why.

Good read and video.

I think it is a must it is maintained. I am curious to hear everyone's thoughts. As the read and video suggests, going National has some consequences that people may not like.

Dafuck is up with all these redundant threads about the frickin' Electoral College? Second one I've seen today, both ignoring the current one with like 1400 posts in it plus the other one misquoting James Madison.

Are you klowns thinking you're just gonna keep swinging at this ball until you hit it by chance, or what?

What's weird is March 2019 cannot be further on the calendar from when the EC actually exists, yet here's this plethora of EC threads springing up like weeds ---- and yet whenever an actual POTUS election comes up we're told "you only bring this up after an election".

Somebody's feeling threatened. :itsok:

Acreage does not vote so who cares how much they have?

I work with a small 2 acre floriculture operation that has more in sales and profit than most 10,000 acre grain farms.

Size does not matter

Not what my wife says. I kid. I know, I was more or less kidding.

Good read and video.

The FF were far sighted intelligent men.

The EC guarantees everyone votes will count not just those living in heavily populated cities and States.

Without the EC those cities and States would decide every election.

What about Vermont? 3

What about Rhode Island? 4

What about Maine and Hawaii?? 4 each

Same concept applies

Good read and video.

I have not ran across a better idea yet, but the EC is not without its flaws.

I think is discourages participation. At least 2/3 of the states are “not in play”, one party is going to win them, pretty much every time.

Also, it keeps there from ever being competition for the duopoly.

Zackly. In a "red" or "blue" state there's absolutely no reason to go vote at all except for the downticket stuff where the vote actually counts for something.

-- which means there are a lot of reds in blue states and blues in red states who figure, "fuck it, what's the point". And there's our sterling 55% turnout which is a national shame.

What a great system. :rolleyes:

No, it is balanced as the framers intended.

That must be why one of those framers who had a major hand in designing the EC (Madison) was staunchly against the way we're abusing it.

REALLY?? We're gonna sit here and hash ALL THIS all over again expecting different results? REALLY?

I prefer the present system, and I especially like Maine's and Nebraska's system of allocating their electoral votes by congressional district where the winner of popular vote in each of their state's districts gets one elector and the state's over-all winner gets an additional 2. However with this I'd like to tighten control on gerrymandering, which I see as the one main problem with such a change.

postscript (I was curious)….
Gerrymander: from the name of
Governor Elbridge Gerry of Massachusetts + salamander, from the supposed similarity between a salamander and the shape of a new voting district on a map drawn when he was in office (1812)

Most people also have no clue that he was later Vice President of the United States.

For sure I didn't know.

Another thing I don't know is the name of Martin Van Buren's vice president even though I know the name of his running mate, Richard Johnson of Kentucky. In a discussion about the merits of the electoral college, I find his is a pertinent story.

Last edited:

No, it is balanced as the framers intended.

That must be why one of those framers who had a major hand in designing the EC (Madison) was staunchly against the way we're abusing it.

REALLY?? We're gonna sit here and hash ALL THIS all over again expecting different results? REALLY?

He would also be against the overall size of the federal government, and the fact that lawful citizens are not trusted by some with firearms.

Assumptions of past person viewpoints work both ways.

Forum List

Back