electrical rates at record levels under obama

The indirect reason they are higher is because of Obama's economy industrial demand has dropped. Therefore for the electric utilities to make money, which is ALL of our goals, they need to raise residential and business rates.

This is what happens when you have war against coal ..

...and crude oil, and natural gas.

Keep in mind that Obama's yet to be approved budget contains over $40 billion in taxes on the crude oil and natural gas industries. Taxes that will suck the lifeblood from investment, destroy hundreds of thousands of jobs, and topple any gains recently made by these sectors by way of contributing to the GDP employment and balance of trade.

You had to know this would be a promise he would keep. Remember his speech where he said you can't expect to keep your thermostat at 72 all the time?

I got a notice a week ago that my electric bill was going down. But then again, I'm in a non-profit electric co-op,

so we don't have as much problem with the risk of being ripped off by the capitalist profiteers.

Price of Electricity Hit Record for October; Up 42% in Decade | CNS News

barry just can't go to the left far. If they have power they want more.
If your gasoline price is high it's not high enough

...and if your electrical rates are high, they aren't high enough..

electrical rates at record levels under obama

that is one of the few promises that obama has kept

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlTxGHn4sH4]Obama: My Plan Makes Electricity Rates Skyrocket - YouTube[/ame]

You had to know this would be a promise he would keep. Remember his speech where he said you can't expect to keep your thermostat at 72 all the time?

Yep. Who missed "Energy rates will necessarily skyrocket"?

Remember his speech where he said you can't expect to keep your thermostat at 72 all the time?

yeah then got busted for cranking the heat in the white house

so hot in fact that axelrod said you could grow orchids

The capital flew into a bit of a tizzy when, on his first full day in the White House, President Obama was photographed in the Oval Office without his suit jacket. There was, however, a logical explanation: Mr. Obama, who hates the cold, had cranked up the thermostat.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/29/us/politics/29whitehouse.html?_r=2&

I got a notice a week ago that my electric bill was going down. But then again, I'm in a non-profit electric co-op,

so we don't have as much problem with the risk of being ripped off by the capitalist profiteers.

Ah... for the wondrous living in a no ugly capitalist profiteers.. ripping off the common folk!

Glorious hospitals in Cuba.. (Which by the way is NOW turning capitalists as they've found after 60 years these are the results)!

Cuba To Cut 500,000 Government Workers, Reduce Restrictions On Private Enterprise

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/13/cuba-government-layoffs-private-enterprise_n_715681.html

$cubahospitalfloors.jpg

$cubanHospital.jpeg

Last edited:
interesting paradox this obama
talks and talks and talks about the middle class and then does everything he can to destroy it.

Citizens of Kentucky have been at issue with the coal companies for decades. I remember as a girl we burned coal for heat. The house was SO cold on wash day because my mother let the fire die down some to keep the soot from falling on the clean clothes on the line. Now, I live in an all electric home that uses clean hydroelectric power from Kentucky Dam. I didn't live here 10 years ago, but I'm sure the cost is more as it is everywhere. But people have to be paid and workers' salaries have to keep up with inflation. I was pleasantly surprised that my bill last month was less than it had been any month since I have lived here. Global warming makes for poor man's weather.

Why don't some of you individuals really investigate why energy costs are fluctuating before making some of the ridiculous statements you have made.

I'd venture to guess it's because your neighboring states are producing huge volumes of natural gas which in turn is generating that relatively cheap electricity. New York on the other hand still has a moratorium on hydraulic fracturing. Get your heads out of your asses and quit listening to Yoko Ono. Start producing your own energy at home, and generate tens of thousands of jobs while you're at it.

The indirect reason they are higher is because of Obama's economy industrial demand has dropped. Therefore for the electric utilities to make money, which is ALL of our goals, they need to raise residential and business rates.

Our rates went up this year because two aluminum smelters who bought power from the provider who supplies our co-op closed down. They used a huge amount of power, of course -- aluminum smelting is electricity-intensive.

So to offset those losses, the provider raised their rates, and the co-op had to pass it along.

Dunno why the smelters closed.

On edit: It was one smelter (for now), and they got permission from the KY Public Services Commission to terminate their power contract with the supplier in order to buy power on the open market -- they'd been spending about $200 million a year on electricity, and had lost money for the past year.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back