Elementary school shooting

What seems to be ignored is the reason we have a second amendment..........

Not to protect concealed carry, but to remind the Government that the citizenry is armed.....

It seems we have had a marked upturn in the number of massacres in the last twenty years. They were virtually unknown until the early 90s. The perpetrators tend to be white males 17-30 years old.

What changed in the last twenty years? Violent video games that let you pretend to murder dozens of people. The same age group that buys these games are the ones doing the massacres

Not to protect concealed carry, but to remind the Government that the citizenry is armed.....

I'm sure every congressman is terrified of his armed constituents

It seems we have had a marked upturn in the number of massacres in the last twenty years. They were virtually unknown until the early 90s. The perpetrators tend to be white males 17-30 years old.

What changed in the last twenty years? Violent video games that let you pretend to murder dozens of people. The same age group that buys these games are the ones doing the massacres

Early 90's>? OH I remember now Clintons gun ban was signed into law around that time.

Early 90's>? OH I remember now Clintons gun ban was signed into law around that time.

I remember how Bush/ Cheney allowed the assault weapons ban expire

And we must remember that the second amendment states clearly the need for a well regulated militia to that purpose. But for citizens to possess and discharge weapons better suited in the hands of a well regulated militia has brought us unbearable tragedies. I wouldn't advocate taking away any weapons designed for sport. Bolt action rifles, shot guns, revolvers. But I cannot see the sense of high capacity magazines. Weapons fitted with them are military weapons, not civilian weapons.

No civilian can own the most sophisticated weaponry in our military's arsenal. And I believe that any weaponry built for warfare is better in the hands of a well regulated militia than the general public.

I remember how Bush/ Cheney allowed the assault weapons ban expire

Thank God because remember mass shooting were unheard of until clinton signed the assault weapons ban.

What changed was designs from gun makers that provided for more powerful, high capacity weapons. Video games didn't make the kill shot.

It's like saying "There was Ben Franklin with that kite and key, and then 150 years later, there were people stepping on the third rail and electrocuting themselves by taking toast from the toaster with a fork. What happened? Why pictures of lightening bolts! That's the reason!"

What changed between 1966 when Charles Whitman climbed the tower in Austin and the early 90s? The assault rife, the Glock, the Saturday night Special.

What changed was designs from gun makers that provided for more powerful, high capacity weapons. Video games didn't make the kill shot.

It's like saying "There was Ben Franklin with that kite and key, and then 150 years later, there were people stepping on the third rail and electrocuting themselves by taking toast from the toaster with a fork. What happened? Why pictures of lightening bolts! That's the reason!"

What changed between 1966 when Charles Whitman climbed the tower in Austin and the early 90s? The assault rife, the Glock, the Saturday night Special.

I see the young white males living out their fantasies on violent video games. The easy access to the weapons of their choice makes it easier to live out those fantasies

So, where do we go from here?

Starting next year..

The assault weapons ban will go back in effect
Large capacity magazines will be banned
Gun shows will have to operate under the same rules as gun shops
Increased restrictions on the mentally ill to buy guns

The votes are there

Starting next year..

The votes are there

Just try that crap & Dem's will lose the Senate & House next election. Democrats only got where they are because they dropped the gun control plank. They will pay dearly if they try to pick it back up again.

Evil can not be stopped.

As simple as that.

If you have a lunatic bent on killing...he or she or them...will find a way.

Sad but true.

On arming teachers and/or staff...

May I remind you that when Ronald Reagan was shot, along with James Brady and Officer Tom Delahanty, there was a cadre of armed men and women present. All of them throughly trained and expertly proficient in the use of guns. All those experts could not prevent John Hinckley from firing six shots in 1.7 seconds and wounding three.

And you propose arming school staff. Are these armed school personnel better marksmen? Do they have keenly honed reaction times? Are they trained to be cool in a hot situation?

Because the Secret Service and the D.C. cops were at the scene and armed.

And who pays for the weaponry and training for school staff? Schools go hat in hand to state houses and are told the well has run dry. No additional funding for public schools. Don't tell me you think guns and not textbooks makes for a wise choice!

Those men were there to make sure that any attempt to kill Reagan failed, not to prevent any such attack from the get go. Unless you live in alternate universe they succeeded in that goal.

Tell me something, is there a reason the media is not mentioning this man's story?

Media blackout: Oregon mall shooter was stopped by an armed citizen - Virginia Beach Conservative | Examiner.com

Which is why there weren't more people killed.

Though that particular shooter only had one target. If his goal had been to take out 24 people or so, he would have been stopped before 24 ppl died.
The only shots fired that afternoon were from Hinckley's gun. They wrestled him to the ground, they never shot back.

Thnk about why the Secret Service, unlike NYPD, opted not to fire into a crowd to take down a lone gunman.

Starting next year..

The votes are there

Just try that crap & Dem's will lose the Senate & House next election. Democrats only got where they are because they dropped the gun control plank. They will pay dearly if they try to pick it back up again.

No they won't

This was the last straw. Even the NRA would be advised to pick it's battles wisely. Republicans are starting to back away from their knee jerk support of the NRA agenda

Even NRA members are supporting enhanced background checks

On arming teachers and/or staff...

May I remind you that when Ronald Reagan was shot, along with James Brady and Officer Tom Delahanty, there was a cadre of armed men and women present. All of them throughly trained and expertly proficient in the use of guns. All those experts could not prevent John Hinckley from firing six shots in 1.7 seconds and wounding three.

And you propose arming school staff. Are these armed school personnel better marksmen? Do they have keenly honed reaction times? Are they trained to be cool in a hot situation?

Did you make the same argument against arming airline pilots? Can you point to some examples of how badly that worked out for those of us who thought it would help?

Forum List

Back