Elementary school shooting

On arming teachers and/or staff...

May I remind you that when Ronald Reagan was shot, along with James Brady and Officer Tom Delahanty, there was a cadre of armed men and women present. All of them throughly trained and expertly proficient in the use of guns. All those experts could not prevent John Hinckley from firing six shots in 1.7 seconds and wounding three.

And you propose arming school staff. Are these armed school personnel better marksmen? Do they have keenly honed reaction times? Are they trained to be cool in a hot situation?

Because the Secret Service and the D.C. cops were at the scene and armed.

And who pays for the weaponry and training for school staff? Schools go hat in hand to state houses and are told the well has run dry. No additional funding for public schools. Don't tell me you think guns and not textbooks makes for a wise choice!

Which is why there weren't more people killed.

Though that particular shooter only had one target. If his goal had been to take out 24 people or so, he would have been stopped before 24 ppl died.

May I remind you that when Ronald Reagan was shot, along with James Brady and Officer Tom Delahanty, there was a cadre of armed men and women present. All of them throughly trained and expertly proficient in the use of guns. All those experts could not prevent John Hinckley from firing six shots in 1.7 seconds and wounding three.

And you propose arming school staff. Are these armed school personnel better marksmen? Do they have keenly honed reaction times? Are they trained to be cool in a hot situation?

And who pays for the weaponry and training for school staff? Schools go hat in hand to state houses and are told the well has run dry. No additional funding for public schools. Don't tell me you think guns and not textbooks makes for a wise choice!

Several teachers gave their lives for the students. Sounds like a secret service agent to me. Six shots in 1.7 seconds, the school shooter had almost ten minutes. Reading skills don't help much, if you aren't breathing. I can't help but think you were about to make a valid point. Please make the attempt.

I'll supply my own weapon and I'm already trained :D

Which is why there weren't more people killed.

Though that particular shooter only had one target. If his goal had been to take out 24 people or so, he would have been stopped before 24 ppl died.
The only shots fired that afternoon were from Hinckley's gun. They wrestled him to the ground, they never shot back.

Well there you have it. They should have just left their guns at home...

Dimwit.

Sign The Arm The Teachers Petition! 7,269 signed so far.

The state of Utah has always allowed teachers to carry guns in class & has never had an incident. Why can't we all have that?

Texas School District Will Let Teachers Carry Guns

Sandy-Hook-Elementary-School-Shooting-Arm-The-Teachers.jpg

Last edited:
:wtf: How many persons are half of nine?

4.5 but since clarence thomas may have 1/2 the intellect of the other justices, but a full vote, well... you know the answer.

snarky, pointless question, because i assume you understood that my point was that the majority position (by one vote) in a decision written by scalia, isn't the only interpretation of the amendment.

that would have been in response to an insulting post that pretends that the other pov either doesn't exist or is stupid. so the point, in a nutshell, is half the court isn't stupid.

capice?
:lol: Testy.

not in the least. more that i was embarrassed for you.

The Principal from what we have been told charged the gunman unarmed. She died. Her kids died. Had she had a gun she may have been able to stop this madman......

4.5 but since clarence thomas may have 1/2 the intellect of the other justices, but a full vote, well... you know the answer.

snarky, pointless question, because i assume you understood that my point was that the majority position (by one vote) in a decision written by scalia, isn't the only interpretation of the amendment.

that would have been in response to an insulting post that pretends that the other pov either doesn't exist or is stupid. so the point, in a nutshell, is half the court isn't stupid.

capice?
:lol: Testy.

not in the least. more that i was embarrassed for you.

Embarrassed has a definition in the dictionary. Its okay, we'll wait while you look it up.

Several teachers gave their lives for the students. Sounds like a secret service agent to me. Six shots in 1.7 seconds, the school shooter had almost ten minutes. Reading skills don't help much, if you aren't breathing. I can't help but think you were about to make a valid point. Please make the attempt.
If an assailant can shoot the president, there is no real safety. And to arm school staff with a minimum of training, to introduce guns into a normal school environment and to provide funding when funding for actually useful material has been roundly denied adds up to a series of extraordinarily poor decisions when a truly wise decision is called for.

I remember the first time I went to Europe. It was Spring of 1990. The Berlin Wall had just come down the Autumn before. I was stunned and intimidates by guards with Uzi's and other makes of assault weaponry. I can't imagine the impression a gun toting school employee would make on Elementary aged kids. Believe me, it's a factor worth weighing.

The political hypocrisy of funding what certainly promises to be, a multi-billion dollar project to arm, train and pay people to patrol a playground is something Republicans will have to come to grips with. Certainly the gun lobby would be on board. Look at the boost to sales. What a pity text books don't have the political power hand guns do.

Finally, I don't believe putting out a fire calls for throwing gasoline on it. I believe the way out of this cycle of gun violence to to subtract the threat of guns, not add guns to the mix. No one should have weapons designed for the military and law enforcement. Guns that can be fitted with high capacity magazines and tuned to an extraordinary rate of rounds per minute. No sportsman would need thirty rounds to fell his quarry. If you can hit your target after firing thirty rounds, perhaps hunting isn't your pastime. Try model railroading or stamp collecting.

I would propose this: Magazines holding greater than 10 rounds are now banned. All owners of such equipment are to turn them in to authorities within one year. A voucher providing for a tax credit based on the full market value of the magazines will be issued.

Any one not complying after the turn in period has expired will face a mandatory three year federal prison term. Any crimes committed using such magazines gets life without parole.

We have to take the 'mass' out of 'mass shooting'. I know crazy will always be around, and so will guns. But this is a problem to be solved by us because we created it. Our lives and our children's lives are certainly worth making an honest effort.

If an assailant can shoot the president, there is no real safety. And to arm school staff with a minimum of training, to introduce guns into a normal school environment and to provide funding when funding for actually useful material has been roundly denied adds up to a series of extraordinarily poor decisions when a truly wise decision is called for.

I remember the first time I went to Europe. It was Spring of 1990. The Berlin Wall had just come down the Autumn before. I was stunned and intimidates by guards with Uzi's and other makes of assault weaponry. I can't imagine the impression a gun toting school employee would make on Elementary aged kids. Believe me, it's a factor worth weighing.

The political hypocrisy of funding what certainly promises to be, a multi-billion dollar project to arm, train and pay people to patrol a playground is something Republicans will have to come to grips with. Certainly the gun lobby would be on board. Look at the boost to sales. What a pity text books don't have the political power hand guns do.

Finally, I don't believe putting out a fire calls for throwing gasoline on it. I believe the way out of this cycle of gun violence to to subtract the threat of guns, not add guns to the mix. No one should have weapons designed for the military and law enforcement. Guns that can be fitted with high capacity magazines and tuned to an extraordinary rate of rounds per minute. No sportsman would need thirty rounds to fell his quarry. If you can hit your target after firing thirty rounds, perhaps hunting isn't your pastime. Try model railroading or stamp collecting.

I would propose this: Magazines holding greater than 10 rounds are now banned. All owners of such equipment are to turn them in to authorities within one year. A voucher providing for a tax credit based on the full market value of the magazines will be issued.

Any one not complying after the turn in period has expired will face a mandatory three year federal prison term. Any crimes committed using such magazines gets life without parole.

We have to take the 'mass' out of 'mass shooting'. I know crazy will always be around, and so will guns. But this is a problem to be solved by us because we created it. Our lives and our children's lives are certainly worth making an honest effort.

Well it's a proven fact that the gun grabbers method of creating more gun free zones do not work

While I was working in Japan, I was assigned to the Phillippines for a few months. I was struck by the fact that there were soldiers with assault rifles stationed at the entrance to the shopping center and other buildings.

Made an impression on me. Not one that I'd want for my kids.

Forum List

Back