Elementary school shooting

There have been what we'll call 'advancements' in drug technology. Crack cocaine, ecstasy, crystal meth, and purer, more potent heroin. No one is suggesting that enforcement and prevention efforts be stopped when faced with these perils.

I wouldn't be so sure of that if I were you. I bet I can find hundreds of people that think we should end all law enforcement and prevention efforts against drugs, quite a few of them active duty law enforcement.

Let's End Drug Prohibition - WSJ.com

LEAP | Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

Maybe you should pay more attention to the real world. It's a left handed way to suit your rather inept comparison bewteen assault weapns and drugs.

Advancements in weapons technology have wrought the cheap hand gun (formerly referred to as a Saturday Night Special), high capacity magazines and fully or semi automatic firing systems.

None of those are new technology. The simple fact is that large capacity magazines only work in movies, in real life they tend to jam. I don't know anyone who actually uses their weapons that even owns one. If 26 people were killed using three weapons, the math works out to greater than 8 rounds per weapon, not counting rounds fired to gain entry and misses. Some high capacity magazine was at work in Connecticut.[

Things have to show a benefit to society to be legal? Can you explain Coca Cola using that logic? I'm pointing out the obverse. Neither drugs nor guns have proven to be beneficial when used illegally.

What new super guns are you talking about? The only new super guns I know of are the vehicle mounted microwave guns that are designed to disperse crowds. Guns with fully or semi automatic firing systems and fitted with high capacity magazines are the super guns I refer to. Continuing to type 'guns with semi or fully automatic firing systems and high capacity firing systems' is becoming tedious. I had hoped you would realize that and accept 'super guns' as a substitute. I overestimated your capacity to comprehend. I'm sorry.

If laws were passed stating the manufacture, sale, distribution and possession of semi or fully automatic firing systems as well as magazines capable of holding more than ten rounds was a federal crime, all in an effort to rid ourselves of these super guns, would that be the wrong step? Further, gun owners would have a reasonable time frame to turn in such guns and receive a tax credit equal to the value of each gun. Any guns held by people other than law enforcement or military would be then confiscated and those in possession of such guns would face a mandatory prison term. Any such gun used in commission of a crime would be confiscated and the possessor again would face a mandatory prison term.

You want to make the standard issue police Glock illegal? The Sig Sauer that the Secret Service uses? Just because you have trouble counting above 10?

Why? Again, I overestimated your level of comprehension. If you refer to the above bolded phrase, perhaps you will finally understand.

All in the greater effort to rid society of the blight of mass shootings and violent street crime.

It is already illegal for most gang members to won guns, yet they routinely use them to shoot each other. Do you think a federal law regulating magazine capacity would somehow magically make these people comply with the law?

Ridding our society of a commodity so unfortunately common and defended with political zeal by uncompromising ideologues will prove difficult. Once the sale, manufacture, distribution and possession of these horrid guns is complete, are gang members to access guns by posing as law enforcement or military?

This is a fairly nice blog that can explain to you why you are being stupid without actually calling you stupid, you should read it.

Thanks so much for reserving calling me stupid directly. Kind of a ham handed stab at wit, isn't it? Like saying "for a fat girl, you don't sweat much!" Perhaps you should refrain from calling someone else stupid based on the sloppy attempt at answering my post. Or, because you are in the unenviable position of defending the indefensible, your fall back position is the ill worded quip. I can only speculate.

The facts of life on high capacity magazines | United Liberty | Free Market - Individual Liberty - Limited Government
I'll take this blog under advisement and give it all the credence it's due.

Last edited:
Obama will modify second amendment. Takbeer!

don't you mean allah akbar?

I think this is what he means.

allahsnackbargc0.jpg

Joe I'm going to use wiki since you seem to like the source
1 Bleeding
1.1 Wrist cutting
2 Drowning
3 Suffocation
4 Hypothermia
5 Electrocution
6 Jumping from height
7 Firearms
8 Hanging
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_methods
Guns are one of the last choices to use.
What do you ban in that list?

Guy, not even a nice try. They didn't even give percentages. Here, let's help you out...

suicide-by-method-chart.png

55% of sucides are with firearms... Get rid of the firearms, you could reduce the sucide rate by 55%. Hypothetically, because all those other methods are a lot harder.

The actual study by Arthur Kellermann from which that statistic is pulled doesn't say that. The number includes suicides. The study doesn't take into account defensive uses in which a shot was not fired (99% of the uses), and it doesn't reflect intruders avoiding homes with firearms inside.

I know that's the talking point. "No fair counting suicides!!!!"

It's bullshit. A gun in the house makes it a lot easier to kill yourself. In fact, the ONLY two gun fatalities I know of personally were sucides.

Hanging is the most common method of suicide, maybe we should outlaw belts.

No, guns are the most common method of sucide... look it up.

I know that's the talking point. "No fair counting suicides!!!!"

It's bullshit. A gun in the house makes it a lot easier to kill yourself. In fact, the ONLY two gun fatalities I know of personally were sucides.

Hanging is the most common method of suicide, maybe we should outlaw belts.

No, guns are the most common method of sucide... look it up.
Anyone convinced of suicide will find a way to do it if firearms don't exist.

Forum List

Back