Elementary school shooting

The 9/11 hijackers killed hundreds if not thousands of victims in seconds. Maybe we need plane control laws?

Until the early 1960s, American commercial passenger pilots were required to carry handguns. An Federal Aviation Administration rule that allowed commercial airline pilots to be armed was inexplicably rescinded two months before the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.

Progressives give a lot of lip service to trying to find out *why* more people die today, at the hands of others, *why* children are at higher risk of being slaughtered than ever before, why crime and disease run rampant at levels never before seen in our country; *why* there is more child abuse and teen pregnancy.

Yet they refuse to acknowledge that all those things have increased in lock step with the advancement of progressive principles and laws in our society.

you understand half the court disagreed with heller, right?

:wtf: How many persons are half of nine?

4.5 but since clarence thomas may have 1/2 the intellect of the other justices, but a full vote, well... you know the answer.

snarky, pointless question, because i assume you understood that my point was that the majority position (by one vote) in a decision written by scalia, isn't the only interpretation of the amendment.

that would have been in response to an insulting post that pretends that the other pov either doesn't exist or is stupid. so the point, in a nutshell, is half the court isn't stupid.

capice?

Prayer for CT Shooting Victims by Dr. Shabir Ally
Prayer for CT Shooting Victims by Dr. Shabir Ally

However..,it's an alarming point !

Though I empathize deeply with the victims’ families, it’s a shame that even after this small taste of her own bitter medicine, America won’t decide to stop the other ‘shootings’ going on around the world. She’ll lower flags for a few days over the 26 killed, but Palestine, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and so many others, have millions of children to mourn. Twenty-six/millions. You do the math. We’ve been crying a lot longer than you have.

Élisabeth Strout

Joe I'm going to use wiki since you seem to like the source
1 Bleeding
1.1 Wrist cutting
2 Drowning
3 Suffocation
4 Hypothermia
5 Electrocution
6 Jumping from height
7 Firearms
8 Hanging
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_methods
Guns are one of the last choices to use.
What do you ban in that list?

Guy, not even a nice try. They didn't even give percentages. Here, let's help you out...

suicide-by-method-chart.png

55% of sucides are with firearms... Get rid of the firearms, you could reduce the sucide rate by 55%. Hypothetically, because all those other methods are a lot harder.

Interesting, a chart with nothing to back it up. I bet you think it proves something.

I know that's the talking point. "No fair counting suicides!!!!"

It's bullshit. A gun in the house makes it a lot easier to kill yourself. In fact, the ONLY two gun fatalities I know of personally were sucides.

Hanging is the most common method of suicide, maybe we should outlaw belts.

No, guns are the most common method of sucide... look it up.

I did, feel free to refute my source.

Evans, Glen, et. al. 2003. The Encyclopedia of Suicide. 2nd ed. New York, NY: Facts on File, Inc.

Do fists cause child abuse?

Do penises cause rape?

We'd better start cutting off hands and dicks.

Why not? There's so much bullshit flying around at this point from everyone. I just heard the governor of CT talking about how the first responders put their lives on the line that day. The news media have moved their offices to CT and turned this thing into a three ring circus. My relative got out ok. But they can't go to school. That's gonna be closed for months for some unnecessary reason. Can't leave the house without being harrassed. Diane Feinstein even skipped her botox to go on meet the press.

Last edited:
Why not? There's so much bullshit flying around at this point from everyone. I just heard the governor of CT talking about how the first responders put their lives on the line that day. The news media have moved their offices to CT and turned this thing into a three ring circus. My relative got out ok. But they can't go to school. That's gonna be closed for months for some unnecessary reason. Can't leave the house without being harrassed. Diane Feinstein even skipped her botox to go on meet the press.

The Sandy Hook elementary is determined a crime scene by LE and they anticipate that it will take several months to complete investigations.

The students will be housed at a former middle school in a neighboring town--when it is decided they should/can return to school.

I suppose the media will be there for another week or two. The officer in charge of things told them there wouldn't be any further press releases and to check the web page for updates.

Unfortunately the town is picturesque, the story has many human interest angles and political angles--just too perfect for journalists.

you understand half the court disagreed with heller, right?

:wtf: How many persons are half of nine?

4.5 but since clarence thomas may have 1/2 the intellect of the other justices, but a full vote, well... you know the answer.

snarky, pointless question, because i assume you understood that my point was that the majority position (by one vote) in a decision written by scalia, isn't the only interpretation of the amendment.

that would have been in response to an insulting post that pretends that the other pov either doesn't exist or is stupid. so the point, in a nutshell, is half the court isn't stupid.

capice?
:lol: Testy.

Forum List

Back