Elementary school shooting

Several teachers gave their lives for the students. Sounds like a secret service agent to me. Six shots in 1.7 seconds, the school shooter had almost ten minutes. Reading skills don't help much, if you aren't breathing. I can't help but think you were about to make a valid point. Please make the attempt.
If an assailant can shoot the president, there is no real safety. And to arm school staff with a minimum of training, to introduce guns into a normal school environment and to provide funding when funding for actually useful material has been roundly denied adds up to a series of extraordinarily poor decisions when a truly wise decision is called for.

I remember the first time I went to Europe. It was Spring of 1990. The Berlin Wall had just come down the Autumn before. I was stunned and intimidates by guards with Uzi's and other makes of assault weaponry. I can't imagine the impression a gun toting school employee would make on Elementary aged kids. Believe me, it's a factor worth weighing.

The political hypocrisy of funding what certainly promises to be, a multi-billion dollar project to arm, train and pay people to patrol a playground is something Republicans will have to come to grips with. Certainly the gun lobby would be on board. Look at the boost to sales. What a pity text books don't have the political power hand guns do.

Finally, I don't believe putting out a fire calls for throwing gasoline on it. I believe the way out of this cycle of gun violence to to subtract the threat of guns, not add guns to the mix. No one should have weapons designed for the military and law enforcement. Guns that can be fitted with high capacity magazines and tuned to an extraordinary rate of rounds per minute. No sportsman would need thirty rounds to fell his quarry. If you can hit your target after firing thirty rounds, perhaps hunting isn't your pastime. Try model railroading or stamp collecting.

I would propose this: Magazines holding greater than 10 rounds are now banned. All owners of such equipment are to turn them in to authorities within one year. A voucher providing for a tax credit based on the full market value of the magazines will be issued.

Any one not complying after the turn in period has expired will face a mandatory three year federal prison term. Any crimes committed using such magazines gets life without parole.

We have to take the 'mass' out of 'mass shooting'. I know crazy will always be around, and so will guns. But this is a problem to be solved by us because we created it. Our lives and our children's lives are certainly worth making an honest effort.

While I was working in Japan, I was assigned to the Phillippines for a few months. I was struck by the fact that there were soldiers with assault rifles stationed at the entrance to the shopping center and other buildings.

Made an impression on me. Not one that I'd want for my kids.

Hate to burst your bubble, but they were not soldiers.

It seems we have had a marked upturn in the number of massacres in the last twenty years. They were virtually unknown until the early 90s. The perpetrators tend to be white males 17-30 years old.

What changed in the last twenty years? Violent video games that let you pretend to murder dozens of people. The same age group that buys these games are the ones doing the massacres

Not according to the experts.

Mass shootings are not growing in frequency, experts say - NY Daily News

Feel free to ignore facts and insist your version of reality is the only one that matters though.

What seems to be ignored is the reason we have a second amendment..........

Not to protect concealed carry, but to remind the Government that the citizenry is armed.....
And we must remember that the second amendment states clearly the need for a well regulated militia to that purpose. But for citizens to possess and discharge weapons better suited in the hands of a well regulated militia has brought us unbearable tragedies. I wouldn't advocate taking away any weapons designed for sport. Bolt action rifles, shot guns, revolvers. But I cannot see the sense of high capacity magazines. Weapons fitted with them are military weapons, not civilian weapons.

No civilian can own the most sophisticated weaponry in our military's arsenal. And I believe that any weaponry built for warfare is better in the hands of a well regulated militia than the general public.

Have you ever read about debate surrounding the passing of the 14th Amendment and how northern states were specifically worried that southern states would pass laws making it illegal for freed slaves to own guns to defend themselves?

Does it make you feel special to make the same arguments against individual gun ownership that the KKK used?

Last edited:
So, where do we go from here?

Starting next year..

The assault weapons ban will go back in effect
Large capacity magazines will be banned
Gun shows will have to operate under the same rules as gun shops
Increased restrictions on the mentally ill to buy guns

The votes are there

Got to pass the house.
Gun shows already operate the same has gun shops
No they won't

Last edited:

Starting next year..

The votes are there

Basically the same thing we have now. Interesting that you think this will somehow make a difference.

Starting next year..

The votes are there

Just try that crap & Dem's will lose the Senate & House next election. Democrats only got where they are because they dropped the gun control plank. They will pay dearly if they try to pick it back up again.

No they won't

This was the last straw. Even the NRA would be advised to pick it's battles wisely. Republicans are starting to back away from their knee jerk support of the NRA agenda

Even NRA members are supporting enhanced background checks

Gun bans don't work, no firearms will be turned in. nothing will be accomplished people will continue to die at thew wrong end of a gun. While gun grabbers will path themselves on the back America will burn.

4.5 but since clarence thomas may have 1/2 the intellect of the other justices, but a full vote, well... you know the answer.

snarky, pointless question, because i assume you understood that my point was that the majority position (by one vote) in a decision written by scalia, isn't the only interpretation of the amendment.

that would have been in response to an insulting post that pretends that the other pov either doesn't exist or is stupid. so the point, in a nutshell, is half the court isn't stupid.

capice?
:lol: Testy.

not in the least. more that i was embarrassed for you.
More likely I called out an "attorney" for not knowing there are nine justices. :lol:

Starting next year..

The votes are there

Basically the same thing we have now. Interesting that you think this will somehow make a difference.

We shall see...we shall see

Just try that crap & Dem's will lose the Senate & House next election. Democrats only got where they are because they dropped the gun control plank. They will pay dearly if they try to pick it back up again.

No they won't

This was the last straw. Even the NRA would be advised to pick it's battles wisely. Republicans are starting to back away from their knee jerk support of the NRA agenda

Gun bans don't work, no firearms will be turned in. nothing will be accomplished people will continue to die at thew wrong end of a gun. While gun grabbers will path themselves on the back America will burn.

The market will dry up when you can no longer sell or shoot your assault rifle. You will find yourself arrested for possession

I had to shake my head at a comment some preacher said, after the school shootings. He said something to the effect that this happened because we were less religious. The people who brought down the twin towers were deeply steeped in religion. The followers of Jim Jones were steeped in religion. The followers of the Heaven's Gates preacher were steeped in religion. The pilgrims were steeped in religion and persecuted those that didn't follow their specific teachings. Thousands were killed during the Inquisition, because people were deeply steeped in religion. Too much religion causes problems and in this case, it was just a parent who should have known better than to have guns in the same house as a mentally unstable son.

No they won't

The market will dry up when you can no longer sell or shoot your assault rifle. You will find yourself arrested for possession

You're talking out your ass.

Starting next year..

The votes are there

No they won't

Lol, you are a fucking loonatic.

481550_476644942379358_1313415709_n.jpg

Not ideal, Ollie. Not for sane people.

So you think all Isrealis are insane?

What hubris to think you have the right to judge an entire nation of people, not for failing, but to contradict your notions with things that actually work.

I.E. you are a typical libtard ass hat.

you understand half the court disagreed with heller, right?

:wtf: How many persons are half of nine?

4.5 but since clarence thomas may have 1/2 the intellect of the other justices, but a full vote, well... you know the answer.

snarky, pointless question, because i assume you understood that my point was that the majority position (by one vote) in a decision written by scalia, isn't the only interpretation of the amendment.

that would have been in response to an insulting post that pretends that the other pov either doesn't exist or is stupid. so the point, in a nutshell, is half the court isn't stupid.

capice?

Racist bitch.

You're talking out your ass.

Considering where his head is permanently stuck, he has no other means of talking.

Starting next year..

The votes are there

We shall see...we shall see

Yes, you will see, you fascist scum.

What hubris to think you have the right to judge an entire nation of people, not for failing, but to contradict your notions with things that actually work.

Do you think that "all Israeli's" find the situation depicted in that photo to be ideal? Do you think that "any Israeli's" do? I'm guessing they don't.

You have limited capacity, I know, but you could give things a little thought before you decide to respond.

Do you think that "all Israeli's" find the situation depicted in that photo to be ideal? Do you think that "any Israeli's" do? I'm guessing they don't.

You have limited capacity, I know, but you could give things a little thought before you decide to respond.

It was the Isrealis that insisted that their government allow this to protect their kids, you stupid fuck.

No they won't

Personally, I would hyphenate 'gun grabber' thus - 'gun-grabber'.

Forum List

Back