Elementary school shooting

Sign The Arm The Teachers Petition! 7,269 signed so far.

The state of Utah has always allowed teachers to carry guns in class & has never had an incident. Why can't we all have that?

Texas School District Will Let Teachers Carry Guns

Sandy-Hook-Elementary-School-Shooting-Arm-The-Teachers.jpg

Lets be more like Israel

What are Israel's gun laws like? How do they regulate firearms ownership over there? - Yahoo! Answers

4. Applicant must fall into one of the following categories:

a. Part-time reservist (volunteer) for 3 years- may own 1 handgun
b. Such a reservist (volunteer) is a member of a gun club- may own 1rifle
c. Professional, licensed public transportation driver, transportinga minimum of 5 passengers- may own 1 handgun
d. Licensed animal control officer- may own 2 hunting rifles, *not*full automatic weapons, or semi-automatic weapons with a limitedcapacity magazine.
e. Full-time dealer of jewelry or large sums of cash or valuables-may own 1 handgun

A)According to the law, anything with a barrel that shoots objects that can harm a human, or any part of such an item is a firearm. MoI has discretion. Currently, airguns are firearms. Further, the Ministry of Defense has the authority to define what firearms are "military firearms" - barring access to common serfs. Ever since 1950, any rifle larger than .22 and any automatic weapon were firearms

.22 rifles are banned, except grandfathered ones, hunting with rifles is illegal. Any form of outdoor shooting is illegal. People may only buy 50 rounds per year, except those shot at public ranges.

Last edited:
If someone at a school is going to be armed it should be hired, trained professional security personnel. Imagine if Sandy Hook had an armed security person or two. Chances of those killed being alive would be so much greater.

I find it amusing that the people who want to reduce the number of government employees are now calling for MORE government employees... if the alternative is giving up their penis subsitutes....

Are you saying that if Sandy Hook had trained and armed security it wouldn't have made any difference?

Getting rid of redundant and useless gov't employees is good. Why do you have a problem with that?

Because they are only "Redundant" and "useless" when you guys get to tax time.

A hurricane hits, a crazy person storms a school, terrorists slam a plane into a building and those "useless" government workers become "Brave first responders". At least until after the crisis is over.

Sign The Arm The Teachers Petition! 7,269 signed so far.

The state of Utah has always allowed teachers to carry guns in class & has never had an incident. Why can't we all have that?

Texas School District Will Let Teachers Carry Guns

Sandy-Hook-Elementary-School-Shooting-Arm-The-Teachers.jpg

Lets be more like Israel

What are Israel's gun laws like? How do they regulate firearms ownership over there? - Yahoo! Answers

4. Applicant must fall into one of the following categories:

a. Part-time reservist (volunteer) for 3 years- may own 1 handgun
b. Such a reservist (volunteer) is a member of a gun club- may own 1rifle
c. Professional, licensed public transportation driver, transportinga minimum of 5 passengers- may own 1 handgun
d. Licensed animal control officer- may own 2 hunting rifles, *not*full automatic weapons, or semi-automatic weapons with a limitedcapacity magazine.
e. Full-time dealer of jewelry or large sums of cash or valuables-may own 1 handgun

A)According to the law, anything with a barrel that shoots objects that can harm a human, or any part of such an item is a firearm. MoI has discretion. Currently, airguns are firearms. Further, the Ministry of Defense has the authority to define what firearms are "military firearms" - barring access to common serfs. Ever since 1950, any rifle larger than .22 and any automatic weapon were firearms

.22 rifles are banned, except grandfathered ones, hunting with rifles is illegal. Any form of outdoor shooting is illegal. People may only buy 50 rounds per year, except those shot at public ranges.

I'm not sure if I would want to live in a country where half the population lives in mortal fear of the other half, because the other half would surely exterminate them if given a chance.

I find it amusing that the people who want to reduce the number of government employees are now calling for MORE government employees... if the alternative is giving up their penis subsitutes....

Are you saying that if Sandy Hook had trained and armed security it wouldn't have made any difference?

Getting rid of redundant and useless gov't employees is good. Why do you have a problem with that?

Because they are only "Redundant" and "useless" when you guys get to tax time.

A hurricane hits, a crazy person storms a school, terrorists slam a plane into a building and those "useless" government workers become "Brave first responders". At least until after the crisis is over.

Ignoring my question and changing the subject, nicely done.

:rolleyes:

Which is why there weren't more people killed.

Though that particular shooter only had one target. If his goal had been to take out 24 people or so, he would have been stopped before 24 ppl died.
The only shots fired that afternoon were from Hinckley's gun. They wrestled him to the ground, they never shot back.

Thnk about why the Secret Service, unlike NYPD, opted not to fire into a crowd to take down a lone gunman.
And you expect an armed Kindergarten teacher to have the same level of discipline?

Negatives in arming teachers.
O
Positives in arming teachers.
1. They will be able to protect our children from the lunatics in this world that go to schools to slaughter helpless people KNOWING nobody there can stop them.

The Positives have it. As a matter of fact, even you you could make up some negatives, which is what you would have to do, for there isn't a single valid negative in the world, the ONE positive would outweight ALL the false negatives you could come up with.

Negatives of arming teachers
1. Unqualified armed people running around our children
2. Guns getting into the hands of children
3. Unqualified teacher making a wrong decision and shooting a student
4. Poorly trained teacher getting killed unnecessarily
5. Poorly trained teacher turning a hostage situation into a killing zone

Positives of arming teachers
1. Gun rights advocates wet dream
1. Easy solution...train them.
2. Easy solution...trigger locks and/or locked cabinets
3. Proper training would prevent that.
4. Ditto
5. Ditto

Not that I agree all teachers should be armed, but I am all for a few teachers and/or administrators being armed. Even better, have armed security in all schools.

These assholes don't go into cop stations to massacre. They know they wouldn't get too far. They don't go into malls too often to do so, either, at least in states with conceal carry laws. They go to gun free zones. Arm a few folks in the gun free zones, and maybe this shit will stop.

At the high school down the road, there are three cops there every day. They have guns.

It is easy to train someone to shoot a gun, any retard can do it. What is difficult is to train WHEN to shoot a gun. Many police officers with years of training make the wrong decision on when to shoot a gun

What if we train and arm EVERY teacher? What next?

Do we train nursery schools?
How safe are you really when you go to church?
Shopping malls are a big target, lets arm all clerks
Is Little League or Soccer safe? Should coaches be armed?
Movie Theaters are easy targets. Arm the guy selling popcorn....Minimum wage workers make the best security guards

What seems to be ignored is the reason we have a second amendment..........

Not to protect concealed carry, but to remind the Government that the citizenry is armed.....
And we must remember that the second amendment states clearly the need for a well regulated militia to that purpose. But for citizens to possess and discharge weapons better suited in the hands of a well regulated militia has brought us unbearable tragedies. I wouldn't advocate taking away any weapons designed for sport. Bolt action rifles, shot guns, revolvers. But I cannot see the sense of high capacity magazines. Weapons fitted with them are military weapons, not civilian weapons.

No civilian can own the most sophisticated weaponry in our military's arsenal. And I believe that any weaponry built for warfare is better in the hands of a well regulated militia than the general public.

Have you ever read about debate surrounding the passing of the 14th Amendment and how northern states were specifically worried that southern states would pass laws making it illegal for freed slaves to own guns to defend themselves?

Does it make you feel special to make the same arguments against individual gun ownership that the KKK used?
If you're making a stab at correlating this debate to that one, perhaps you should also factor the weapons themselves.

Negatives of arming teachers
1. Unqualified armed people running around our children
2. Guns getting into the hands of children
3. Unqualified teacher making a wrong decision and shooting a student
4. Poorly trained teacher getting killed unnecessarily
5. Poorly trained teacher turning a hostage situation into a killing zone

Positives of arming teachers
1. Gun rights advocates wet dream
4. Ditto
5. Ditto

Not that I agree all teachers should be armed, but I am all for a few teachers and/or administrators being armed. Even better, have armed security in all schools.

These assholes don't go into cop stations to massacre. They know they wouldn't get too far. They don't go into malls too often to do so, either, at least in states with conceal carry laws. They go to gun free zones. Arm a few folks in the gun free zones, and maybe this shit will stop.

At the high school down the road, there are three cops there every day. They have guns.

It is easy to train someone to shoot a gun, any retard can do it. What is difficult is to train WHEN to shoot a gun. Many police officers with years of training make the wrong decision on when to shoot a gun

Movie Theaters are easy targets. Arm the guy selling popcorn....Minimum wage workers make the best security guards
And what if the moon fell out of the sky? What if pigs flew out of my butt?

Those who argue for perfection are a waste of oxygen.

The only shots fired that afternoon were from Hinckley's gun. They wrestled him to the ground, they never shot back.

Thnk about why the Secret Service, unlike NYPD, opted not to fire into a crowd to take down a lone gunman.
And you expect an armed Kindergarten teacher to have the same level of discipline?

Why not? If someone is intelligent enough to be entrusted with the education of children, surely they can be adequately trained with a firearm. How mentally slow do you think teachers are?

4. Ditto
5. Ditto

Its your solution to massacres not mine

What happens if we turn schools into armed camps?

Will shooters just choose an easier target? You ready to go to Church and pass through armed guards?

Will shooters just choose an easier target? You ready to go to Church and pass through armed guards?
Sometimes things have no solutions; we just strive for the best and fairest methods to prevent the problem. I think having armed security in schools is not a bad idea at all.

If I could ensure that all sociopaths and psychopaths were safely locked away, I would. But, that can't happen, just like the moon won't fall out of the sky and just like pigs won't fly out of my butt.

Life is dangerous, especially as a human as we hang with each other and are the most lethal mammal on the planet.

Sometimes things have no solutions; we just strive for the best and fairest methods to prevent the problem. I think having armed security in schools is not a bad idea at all.

If I could ensure that all sociopaths and psychopaths were safely locked away, I would. But, that can't happen, just like the moon won't fall out of the sky and just like pigs won't fly out of my butt.

Life is dangerous, especially as a human as we hang with each other and are the most lethal mammal on the planet.

Very true

But I see more lives being taken with these assault weapons than being saved

You have made me seriously consider the leathal consequences of pigs flying out your butt.

:mad:
Hope you're happy now.

Very true

But I see more lives being taken with these assault weapons than being saved

You do realise that the purpose of a weapon, any weapon, is not to save lives?

:eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back