Elementary school shooting

Its your solution to massacres not mine

What happens if we turn schools into armed camps?

Will shooters just choose an easier target? You ready to go to Church and pass through armed guards?
Sometimes things have no solutions; we just strive for the best and fairest methods to prevent the problem. I think having armed security in schools is not a bad idea at all.

If I could ensure that all sociopaths and psychopaths were safely locked away, I would. But, that can't happen, just like the moon won't fall out of the sky and just like pigs won't fly out of my butt.

Life is dangerous, especially as a human as we hang with each other and are the most lethal mammal on the planet.

You have made me seriously consider the leathal consequences of pigs flying out your butt.

:mad:
Hope you're happy now.
You only need to worry about the lethality of my butt if I eat avocados.

So, where do we go from here?

Starting next year..

The assault weapons ban will go back in effect
Large capacity magazines will be banned
Gun shows will have to operate under the same rules as gun shops
Increased restrictions on the mentally ill to buy guns

The votes are there

Just try that crap & Dem's will lose the Senate & House next election. Democrats only got where they are because they dropped the gun control plank. They will pay dearly if they try to pick it back up again.

No they won't

This was the last straw. Even the NRA would be advised to pick it's battles wisely. Republicans are starting to back away from their knee jerk support of the NRA agenda

Even NRA members are supporting enhanced background checks

I have no real problem with background checks. The rest of it goes against the grain.....

If someone at a school is going to be armed it should be hired, trained professional security personnel. Imagine if Sandy Hook had an armed security person or two. Chances of those killed being alive would be so much greater.

I find it amusing that the people who want to reduce the number of government employees are now calling for MORE government employees... if the alternative is giving up their penis subsitutes....

Are you saying that if Sandy Hook had trained and armed security it wouldn't have made any difference?

Getting rid of redundant and useless gov't employees is good. Why do you have a problem with that?

Because he is JoeB and he knows everything, ask him he'll tell you........

What about sealed records? Some of these kids have protected backgrounds, which would in some cases make them poor gun owners.

If someone at a school is going to be armed it should be hired, trained professional security personnel. Imagine if Sandy Hook had an armed security person or two. Chances of those killed being alive would be so much greater.

I find it amusing that the people who want to reduce the number of government employees are now calling for MORE government employees... if the alternative is giving up their penis subsitutes....

Zoom said nothing about them having to be government employees.
There are plenty of trained professional security personnel who work in the private industry.

There are plenty of trained professional security personnel who work in the private industry.

Who pays their salaries?

The taxpayer

Who pays their salaries?

The taxpayer
The taxpayer in that district.

But, if you don't want kids protected, you can go to another district. When we moved as a family when I was a kid, the location where my parents looked for houses was based on the school district they wanted.

Who pays their salaries?

The taxpayer
The taxpayer in that district.

But, if you don't want kids protected, you can go to another district. When we moved as a family when I was a kid, the location where my parents looked for houses was based on the school district they wanted.

You won't find a better school district than Middleton

So, where do we go from here?

Starting next year..

The assault weapons ban will go back in effect
Large capacity magazines will be banned
Gun shows will have to operate under the same rules as gun shops
Increased restrictions on the mentally ill to buy guns

The votes are there

Basically the same thing we have now. Interesting that you think this will somehow make a difference.

Looks like we are going to find out

When a horrific event happens it is not a good thing to punish the innocent! Progressives need to learn this! You are enabling the criminal element!

It should be worthy of a serious discussion though, shouldn't it?

When a horrific event happens it is not a good thing to punish the innocent! Progressives need to learn this! You are enabling the criminal element!

There is no serious discussion when your only idea is to punish the innocent ....That is not serious that is fucking retarded.

There is no serious discussion when your only idea is to punish the innocent ....That is not serious that is fucking retarded.

But, there should be serious discussion, right?
Serious discussion would include discussing options other than just 'punishing the innocent'.

Serious discussion would include discussing options other than just 'punishing the innocent'.

Do you have serious reasons you need a military type assault rifle to justify the threat to public safety?

The Supreme Court will want to know

Do you have serious reasons you need a military type assault rifle to justify the threat to public safety?

The Supreme Court will want to know

Sure, but not limited to that.
Why is the US so violent?

Try this
Half the firearms in the entire world are in the United States. The rate of murders by gunfire in the United States is almost 20 times higher than the average rate in 22 other populous, high-income countries where the frequency of other crimes is about the same.

There is clearly a connection between these two facts, but it is not necessarily simple cause-and-effect.

Here's one reason to suspect that it's not that simple: the American rate for murders of all kinds - shooting, strangling, stabbing, poisoning, pushing people under buses, etc - is seven times higher than it is in those other 22 rich countries. It can't just be guns.
Gwynne Dyer: Culture of personal violence to blame - Crime - NZ Herald News

He's saying the the US is an extraordinarily violent culture.

Because progressives have fostered a society that scorns morality, self-respect, and responsibility.

They've built us a society of criminals, murderers, and baby killers.

It will get worse. Obama hasn't even gotten rolling yet. Each day will bring new horror. Brace yourself.

Forum List

Back