Elizabeth Warren: 'End Electoral College'

Republicans only seem able to win when they can manipulate the EC. The "will of the people" be damned

Oh...

Time for reform

Republicans only seem able to win when they can manipulate the EC. The "will of the people" be damned

Half the Constitution is there to 'damn' the will of the people. It prevents them from bullying minorities willy nilly. That's a good thing.

Na, not really
All of the people in the red areas would be displaced by just a few blue counties...
That is why this is supposed to be a republic not a shit eating democracy
You're clearly confused.

Maybe ask your grandson to explain it to you.
Well, why don’t you change it? You do know what it takes to change an amendment?

I think voters who voted in Tlaib and Omar and AOC are idiots. May I vote against them?
Which of those states do you love in?

Didn't you just said HERE that states don't matter?

States SHOULDN'T matter. But they do. And it's skewed in how much they each matter.

'In 1992, Bill Clinton did not get a majority of the popular vote (only 43 percent) but he received 70 percent of the electoral votes.'

Where was the Democratic Party's tantrum and call to abolish the Electoral College in 1992 when Bill Clinton LOST the 'Popular Vote' Presidential Election?

Why We Shouldn’t Scrap the Electoral College | myHeritage

The frickin' "Democratic Party" has nothing to do with the EC question, Dumbass. 1992 was in fact when the "FairVote" project was launched, as noted earlier, from both sides of politics.

Time to grow the fuck up and shed the binary-bot shit.

As already noted earlier, other POTUSes who didn't win the PV include Bush (2000), Nixon (1968), Truman (1948), Wilson (1912), Harrison (1888), Hayes (1876), Lincoln (1860) and Quincy Adams (1824).

I bet you lefties wish that Lincoln lost. :D

Half the Constitution is there to 'damn' the will of the people. It prevents them from bullying minorities willy nilly. That's a good thing.

So how do we protect the majority from being bullied by the minority...which is what is happening now.

So how do we protect the majority from being bullied by the minority...which is what is happening now.

You don't, because the minority has very little power to bully. The protections only kick in under rare circumstances - basically only when the majority powers really fuck up.

Your mal-characterization of GOP Presidential wins is false.
You are either unaware of this and speak from ignorance, or you -are- aware of this, and decided to lie.
Let us know which.

So Bush the Lesser and Trump won the popular vote in their first Presidential run?

No. They did not

Why do you refuse to understand the US government is set up specifically so the majority does not always get its way?

You don't, because the minority has very little power to bully.

Nonsense. Obviously they do since even though in the minority...they chose the President in 2000 and in 2016...and because of that installed 4 (out of a total of only 9) SCOTUS Justices.

You don't, because the minority has very little power to bully.

Nonsense. Obviously they do since even though in the minority...they chose the President in 2000 and in 2016...and because of that installed 4 (out of a total of only 9) SCOTUS Justices.
The supreme court should be at least 6 to 3 conservative. Cheating and sell outs have destroyed this nation as you will find out when total power achieved and not knowing what to do when you have it.

Your mal-characterization of GOP Presidential wins is false.
You are either unaware of this and speak from ignorance, or you -are- aware of this, and decided to lie.
Let us know which.
So Bush the Lesser and Trump won the popular vote in their first Presidential run?
No. They did not
Your two 2 examples of 23 elections proves your characterization false .
Let us know which

Last edited:
You're clearly confused.

Maybe ask your grandson to explain it to you.
Well, why don’t you change it? You do know what it takes to change an amendment?

I think voters who voted in Tlaib and Omar and AOC are idiots. May I vote against them?

States SHOULDN'T matter. But they do. And it's skewed in how much they each matter.

Your posts are annoying and bring nothing to the conversation. Honestly, you need to get a life. States do matter. We are the UNITED STATES!

Trump had no reason to campaign in a state that he had no chance at winning. Hillary didn't spend a lot of time in the swing states because the bag thought she had those states in the bag. She totally ignored flyover country.
Exactly the point, he couldn’t win the state so he didn’t campaign there. But theres a ton of conservatives and republicans in California. Many farmers and blue collared industrial workers from rural areas. He could have pulled millions of votes. There are probability many with conservative views that don’t even bother to vote because they know which way the state is going to go. Think about it. A popular vote isn’t necessarily going to benefit the Left. If there really is a “forgotten man” then they could very well exist within these big blue states.
A pure popular vote is a slam dunk for progressives, It’s not even close.
There is no reason for rural America to even vote with a pure popular vote.
Explain why... these empty proclaimations are meaningless. I just put out some points. How about trying to respond to them or make some of your own. Something more than “it’s a slam dunk for progressives”. WHY? HOW?
Ok, Southern California Would displace five states in the northern plains, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana and Idaho.
Cali already wipes out those states with EC votes. Ca has 55... ND (3) SD(3) WY(3) MT(3) and ID(4) add up to 16. What’s else you got?

Split the California into 3-5 smaller states. Let's see if they would still be against EC.

Just as the argument for dividing Texas in 1845 was that state is too large to be governed efficiently as one political unit, we could use the same argument today.

Your posts are annoying and bring nothing to the conversation. Honestly, you need to get a life. States do matter. We are the UNITED STATES!

Clearly you're upset that I exposed your retarded viewpoint earlier, but for you to keep following me around is weird.

But whatever floats your boat sweet cheeks.

Forum List

Back