Elizabeth Warren: 'End Electoral College'

Agreed, it should be divided up based upon the population and how they vote. Not a winner take all.
Just as soon as California agrees not to count the MILLIONS of illegals as their population.

Illegals can't vote.

And Heroin is illegal...but people still buy it and illegals still seem to influence our elections.

No, they don't. You have zero proof of that.

Yep, and you have zero proof they don't....except all the politicians that pander to them. Dumbass.

lol, just like you have zero proof you're not a Nazi.

You want me to prove the absence of something. Genius.

Clearly you're upset that I exposed your retarded viewpoint earlier, but for you to keep following me around is weird.

But whatever floats your boat sweet cheeks.

LMAO? What? You have serious mental issues. And you're a traitor.

Ok great. You done now? Or do you want to get anything else off your chest?

I come to this site for the entertainment value from the inbreds. I'm flattered one of them has taken a liking to me.

Nice try to deflect. I am clearly renting space in your empty head. Traitor.

Since you are renting space in my head, from now on I will ask that you refer to me as "Landlord" and I shall refer to you as "Tenant".

Still here? Want some more abuse?

Be careful, I might have to raise your rent.

It is impossible to "render states mute" or even "moot". The idea would be that voters, not the EC, would make the decision. And those voters live in ---------- wait for it ------------------------ states.

The idea would be that voters, not the EC, would make the decision. And those voters live in ---------- wait for it ------------------------ states.

and the number of votes cast in 8 states was still smaller than Los Angeles County, in the last national election.

Imagine how many states it would take to cancel out California entirely.

Irrelevant. Votes are not for "cancelling out".

You wanna talk "cancel out", address all the Rump votes in California (New York, Massachusetts, etc) that were cancelled out by the WTA-EC. Along with who-knows-how-many-more who didn't bother to leave the house because what would be the point.

Get it?

If they get rid of the EC, and go to mob rule, what reason would Montana, north and south Dakota, Kansas, Oklahoma, Wyoming, Kansas and Iowa have to go to the polls?

First of all "mob rule" is a completely bullshitious Doublethink term. If there are fifteen votes and eight of them vote one way, that's called a "majority", not a "mob". Drop the bullshitiousness.

Second, Montanta, Dakotas, etc etc would go to the polls for the same reason anybody else would --- because their votes count. And they'd count MORE since half of them wouldn't immediately be flushed down the electoral toilet, which, in the reverse scenario of what I just explained above, tons of voters didn't bother because their state was voting red regardless what they wanted, ergo what's the point?

A voter in a locked-red or locked-blue state has four choices: Vote with the state, vote against the state, vote third party, or stay home and bake cookies. ALL FOUR of those options bring the same result, with the exception that in the fourth scenario you actually get some cookies. That's not an election ---- that's a state-by-state LOCKOUT.

This appears to be the elephant in the room y'all can't touch. You're not interested in protecting state votes; you're interested in preserving RED votes. Now you'll mark this post "Funny" because you have no argument against it.

It’s always amusing how the far left tries to spin reality to fit its twisted world view. The Democrat Party has skewed increasingly left. Abortion up to birth, every sort of gun ban, property regulation down to, literally, puddles. Taxation, business regulation, thoughtless defense of radical Islam and illegal aliens, weaponizing government agencies against citizens, etc.

Yes, the left, and California and New York in particular, have marginalized themselves. The rest of us are still where we have always been, and we’re still carrying your debt-burdened, fear-driven, hate mongering selves along in spite of your best efforts to immolate the entire Republic.

We’ll continue to carry you, until it becomes more effective to deal with you in other ways. What we will not allow you to do is destroy the rest of us with your inanity and ignorance and outright stupidity. if you dislike that so much then, by all means, feel free to leave.

ZERO of that incoherent drooling has anything to do with the post quoted.
Skeered?

The Electoral College was designed to prevent the most populous states from imposing their will on the least populous ones.

Utter bullshit. As it was set up, the most populous and most EV-laden state was Virginia. Partly due to its ability to count slaves as three-fifths of a person for purposes of apportioning electors, while of course granting those slaves zero-fifths of a vote.

Here's the result of that setup.

1st Washington (Virginia, slaveholder) - two terms
2nd Adams (Massachusetts, non-slaveholder) - one term
3rd Jefferson (Virginia, slaveholder) - two terms
4th Madison (Virginia, slaveholder) - two terms
5th Monroe (Virginia, slaveholder) - two terms​

That's sixteen years of the first twenty. Now tell us more about how this system was "designed to prevent the most populous states from imposing their will on the least populous ones" and how well that worked out. Oughta be cute.

Our founding fathers set us not as a democracy but as a representative republic and set up the electoral college precisely to prevent a few cities from becoming rulers of the nation.

AGAIN, complete uneducated bullshit. We didn't live primarily in cities until 19fucking20. If anything the Founders' concern about not trusting the popular vote applied to the uneducated hinterlands, because that's where most people lived then.

And what does that tell you?

Last edited:
LMAO? What? You have serious mental issues. And you're a traitor.

I come to this site for the entertainment value from the inbreds. I'm flattered one of them has taken a liking to me.

Since you are renting space in my head, from now on I will ask that you refer to me as "Landlord" and I shall refer to you as "Tenant".

Oh no. I am living there rent free baby. As exhibited by your stalking. Traitor.

Just as soon as California agrees not to count the MILLIONS of illegals as their population.

Illegals can't vote.

And Heroin is illegal...but people still buy it and illegals still seem to influence our elections.

Yep, and you have zero proof they don't....except all the politicians that pander to them. Dumbass.

And you have zero proof you're a dumbass...oh, wait you do, just read some of your posts.

Oh no. I am living there rent free baby. As exhibited by your stalking. Traitor.

Ok you're boring me now. You use to be interesting. Now you're just rehashing things. Yawn. Let me know when you steal some new material from someone intelligent.

Illegals can't vote.

And you have zero proof you're a dumbass...oh, wait you do, just read some of your posts.

You're right, I do have zero proof that I'm a dumbass.

Da fuck?

Ok you're boring me now. You use to be interesting. Now you're just rehashing things. Yawn. Let me know when you steal some new material from someone intelligent.

Traitors bore easily.

Never Forget.

Da fuck?
No doubt dyslectic too.

No. What is really scary is that you are spreading stupid like it was fertilizer. Why can't you man up and admit you fucked up and salvage a little self respect?

Jesus, dumbass. You're so blind drunk with stupidity, you couldn't handle a simple arithmetic problem even after I spelled it out in plain English twice! So damned stupid you can't even read english that my math was ONE HUNDRED FUCKING PERCENT RIGHT that you're still after me to admit I was wrong apparently claiming that 27 + 4 DOESN'T equal 31! Go! Moron, Go! Master fucking degree MY ASS. Master ass picker you are.

Wow! I am impressed! You are working so hard to prove to the rest of the board that you flunked elementary math!

Then to make matters worse, you try to defend the indefensible!

Got any more words of profanity or personal attacks to throw at me, while the rest of board laughs at your sorry excuses?

Sure, jackass! If you are so smart, PROVE IT. Talk is cheap, fuckhead. POST the fucking post where I made the math error including the post number so we can all go back and verify it. SHOW us where I'm wrong. LAY OUT YOUR EVIDENCE. I've already reprinted my statement in question in bold text and STILL you crawl like a dog with lots of talk and smarmy accusations but with no backing. Why is it you're the only one who apparently caught my great math error? So if you're right, if 27+4 doesn't equal 31, prove it. SHOW US the GREAT ERROR I made in math that is so damned important to you as a MASTERS IN EDUCATION that you've made it a big fucking issue for more than ten posts now! I'm waiting, shithead. Bet you any money that you never follow through, because we all know you're a fucking liar. Then I'll test YOUR math. BTW, moron, I used to tutor people in trig and calculus. Hope you're up to it.

I already posted it once. If you can't find it, you are either drunk, high, or just incredibly stupid. I'm going with the latter.

What did I just say? "Bet you any money that you never follow through, because we all know you're a fucking liar." Do I know my fucking turkeys or not. Bag of hot air like all armchair liberals. What's you lame excuse now, that I can't find my own post? You're a pathetic twat. I knew if I dared you to produce the evidence to back up your big mouth claims you'd fold.

STFU, moron! You want me to post YOUR post! That must mean you can't find it! t was your original post about states not voting red. I am sorry that you don't understand that subtraction proves you wrong. The irony, if you knew my real name, got many laughs over the years, as a math teacher because it is like my daughter's language arts teacher having the last name "English".

Not only you are a moron, you are an asshole about that little tidbit of information you apparently just learned.

Last edited:
Eliminate the Electoral College and disenfranchise 5/8th of the nation's voters.

Sounds like the Democrats have finally come up with a way to win back the White House.
Why should a vote in Montana be worth more than a vote in Pennsylvania?
If we went to a popular vote, the needs of Montana would be completely ignored by populist demagogues who would only campaign in urban centers.

That's why.

You're welcome.

Correct.

He's deluded… Electoral college was created to give smaller states at least some amount of influence in order not be overrun and abused by the tyranny of the majority. The issue today that makes the president being elected seem unfair to perhaps the majority vote, is that the fed has grown so much in size and usurped states rights that the presidential election means far more. Solution to that would be way smaller fed and return to states rights.

And California need to address the unconstitutional abuse of the assholes in Sacramento.

Amazing you could post this with a straight face after the previous post shot it down in flames six minutes before yours went up.

I'm replying to posts as I read them, and my yesterdays reply is to post from Tuesday, so please forgive me I couldn't foresee the future before I pressed the "reply" button.

Doesn't seem to wash, since you just tried to pull the same boner AGAIN and I whupped it into shape again. Post 1184.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren said Monday that she fully supports abolishing the Electoral College and moving toward a national vote, the first time the 2020 presidential candidate has publicly taken the stance.

“My view is that every vote matters,” the Massachusetts Democrat said to roaring applause at her CNN presidential town hall at Jackson State University in Mississippi. “And the way we can make that happen is that we can have national voting, and that means get rid of the Electoral College.”

More: Elizabeth Warren Calls For Getting Rid Of The Electoral College

Amen! I couldn't agree more! Elections should be about people - not acreage! BTW, the rest of the link is worth reading.
The Constitution has a purpose.
It's to keep fake Indians from stealing elections.

There is no reason for Rural America to even vote in a pure popular vote, Over 80% of this country lives in urban America.
Removing the EC would give each of those people the exact same electoral power as anyone else in the country
Right. The EC is setup to prevent that. And for good reason.

Listen, nearly everyone here is approaching this from a purely partisan perspective. Republicans like EC because, currently, it favors their demographics. Democrats don't like it for the same reason. If the table were turned, nearly every partisan twit in this thread would do an immediate 180.

That ^^ analysis seems to ass-ume that arguments are made on the basis of "what's in it for Numero Uno".

Doesn't do a thing to explain all the arguments made about millions of votes disenfranchised, perpetuating the Duopoly and shutting out third parties and making the entire electoral process a farce, does it.

You have a speculation fallacy with nothing to back it up, and plenty to discredit it. So it would seem to be YOU approaching from a "partisan perspective". Wouldn't it.

Da fuck?
No doubt dyslectic too.

head-in-hands.jpg

Without the EC the Republicans in NJ and the Democrats in Tennessee will have a reason to vote. As it is now why should they bother?

I live in a solid blue state and I vote third party, my voice still counts and I have every reason to vote. If you are not that patriotic and don't want to exercise your right to vote, that's on you. Also state and local elections also matter not just national elections.

I've done that before and it's unsatisfying but more to the point your 3P vote had no meaning at all. Your state took your vote, laughed in your face and said "bwahaha thanks for playin' that's going right in the trash can" and waddled off to Washington to lie through its Electoral teeth "wow, it's amazing, for the umpteenth time in a row EVERYBODY in (your state here) voted for the same candidate". My state did the same thing.

And that's a MAJOR part of the problem. First, scores of voters in your state stayed home because as you noted the outcome was predetermined, so what's the point. And second, the only way your 3P candy (or any 3P candy) was ever going to win the office was by siphoning off enough D and R votes nationally that nobody gets a majority which then tosses the entire decision into the House of Reps, thereby nullifying 100 million-plus votes and starting over. And that wasn't going to happen with input from a "blue" or "red" state anyway.

You voted for your conscience but that's all it amounts to. You could have stayed home and learned useful phrases in Turkish and it would have been more productive. So no, your vote DIDN'T count. Thank the system for that. And while you're at it thank those of us who take the initiative to figure these things out and say they ARE a problem.

Interesting opinion, I don't agree with you. My vote had just as much meaning as the person that took second, I can live with that, I am not going to vote for the lesser of two evils, it is moronic thinking like that that gives us a Clinton Trump election. Screw that!

Your vote for Hlllary didn't count either, neither did my vote for Romney in 2012, in fact whether it is the EC or the popular vote, if you vote for the loser, it didn't count.

It was designed to entice small states to join the Union.

Wrong. Vermont and New Hampshire and Rhode Island were small states. It was designed to entice Virginia and Georgia etc. (NOT small states but rather states in which slave labor made up large parts of their populations) into joining the Union

Uh.. which meant they had lower voting populations. Your race baiting will have to wait for another thread.

NO, which meant they had HIGHER voting in the EC because of artificially-inflated apportionment. And they got that artificial inflation by using slaves to pad the numbers while not counting them as citizens.

See, again, post 1184. The Virginia Power Play.

Without the EC the Republicans in NJ and the Democrats in Tennessee will have a reason to vote. As it is now why should they bother?

I live in a solid blue state and I vote third party, my voice still counts and I have every reason to vote. If you are not that patriotic and don't want to exercise your right to vote, that's on you. Also state and local elections also matter not just national elections.

I've done that before and it's unsatisfying but more to the point your 3P vote had no meaning at all. Your state took your vote, laughed in your face and said "bwahaha thanks for playin' that's going right in the trash can" and waddled off to Washington to lie through its Electoral teeth "wow, it's amazing, for the umpteenth time in a row EVERYBODY in (your state here) voted for the same candidate". My state did the same thing.

And that's a MAJOR part of the problem. First, scores of voters in your state stayed home because as you noted the outcome was predetermined, so what's the point. And second, the only way your 3P candy (or any 3P candy) was ever going to win the office was by siphoning off enough D and R votes nationally that nobody gets a majority which then tosses the entire decision into the House of Reps, thereby nullifying 100 million-plus votes and starting over. And that wasn't going to happen with input from a "blue" or "red" state anyway.

You voted for your conscience but that's all it amounts to. You could have stayed home and learned useful phrases in Turkish and it would have been more productive. So no, your vote DIDN'T count. Thank the system for that. And while you're at it thank those of us who take the initiative to figure these things out and say they ARE a problem.

Interesting opinion, I don't agree with you. My vote had just as much meaning as the person that took second, I can live with that, I am not going to vote for the lesser of two evils, it is moronic thinking like that that gives us a Clinton Trump election. Screw that!

Your vote for Hlllary didn't count either, neither did my vote for Romney in 2012, in fact whether it is the EC or the popular vote, if you vote for the loser, it didn't count.

Hmmm...technically if you vote for the winner, it doesn't count either.

Yes let's have Mexifornia elect Democratic Presidents for the next 50 years. That is the Liberal wet dream of abolishing the E.C.
Why are you against the rule of the majority ?
We used that method in the Senate, Congress supreme court the X factor you name it.
And btw California is the biggest economy and best state of the union, Alabama, Mississippi, north Dakota, etc....are is less states.

If we had democracy and majority (mob) rule, than why do we need Congress and Senate?

You realize your statement is redundant. The Senate is part of the Congress. Back to high school civics with you!

I do not question your comment, I just find it unnecessary. You know exactly what I meant, but in absence of answer, you chose to be smart ass.

Here is correction: If we had democracy and majority (mob) rule, than why do we need House of Representatives and Senate?

Are you going to answer the question, or remain being an asshole?

You are correct. With mob rule, we don't need the House or the Senate.

You first post made no sense, thus the correction was needed. You have to remember that libtards will take idiocy and run with it like a toddlers with something in their mouth they shouldn't have!

Again, if your state is locked-blue as you describe, your vote literally means nothing, even if you also vote blue. The outcome is predetermined. If you get hit by a bus on the way to the poll, it makes exactly the same impact as if you get hit by a bus on the way home from it, which is zero. You can vote with the state, vote against the state, vote third party or stay home, and all four produce exactly the same result. The state doesn't need your vote because it's (again) predetermined, and it's not going to consider anything but the herd vote --- everybody else's vote gets immediately tossed in the crapper.

Forum List

Back