Elizabeth Warren Fights Back Against the "Magical Accounting" of Trickle-Down Economics

There's a lot hiding in that <more>. Like "tax the rich more".

Warren didn't spell out how she'd achieve these goals.

So just another whiner with no answers.

First define the problem, next look at all possible solutions, no matter how silly or how unlikely they might be in solving the problem.

Sen. Warren is in the process of defining the problem.

Clearly, our economic woes commenced before the passage of the PPACA and the Obama Administration. Just as clearly the stubborn insistence by the extreme conservatives in Congress has created a paralysis, one which serves no one but the ambition of public servents who put their career first. In doing so they have slowed the economy and allowed our nations infrastructure to further 'rest'.

Sen Warren is asking a simple question:

Why are we continuing economic policies that are only helping the wealthy? Why can't government policies stand up for working Americans for once?

First define the problem, next look at all possible solutions, no matter how silly or how unlikely they might be in solving the problem.

Clearly, our economic woes commenced before the passage of the PPACA and the Obama Administration. Just as clearly the stubborn insistence by the extreme conservatives in Congress has created a paralysis, one which serves no one but the ambition of public servents who put their career first. In doing so they have slowed the economy and allowed our nations infrastructure to further 'rest'.
That is wrong.
Our "woes" began with the recession under Bush and worsened since Democrats took over. For most of Bush's presidency we had low unemployment, rising wages,and steady but not great growth.
Democrats have made the economy stagnant with a tax and regulatory regime like France's. The result is high unemployment, low wage growth and lack of opportunity.

Warren has a message for working Americans

You are getting screwed

Republicans can only reply with insulting Indian stereotypes
What she doesnt tell you is that it is Democrats doing the screwing.

Again, the disconnect here is breathtaking. Dems hold absolute power for 6 years, pass tons of legislation, and then blame the GOP for bad results.
How stupid is that?
HaHa, Trickle down was Reagan's baby.

yeah, and warren and all these progressives that spout her type of nonsense, got rich off of it. so now why is she bitching about it. You ever think of that?

Why are we continuing economic policies that are only helping the wealthy? Why can't government policies stand up for working Americans for once?
I dont know. Democrats have had 8 years to fix this and have succeeded in making it worse. Why is that?

I'll never understand people like Warren.

It's bad to let people keep what they earn and it'd better to take (steal via taxes) money from some to give free shit to others.

Robin Hood economics

Warrens economics are based on the argument that "we cannot afford to pay our workers more" is bullshit based on record profits

JFK once said a rising economic tide lifts all boats
That is no longer true, right now it only lifts the yachts
No one is stopping anyone from making more money.

Warren herself who grew up "on the ragged edge of the middle class" made it to the 1% she just thinks you're all to fucking stupid to do it without the government stealing money from some to give to you

When you look at 50 million workers, yes they are

The opportunities for advancement are not there, the wage pool is not there, the benefits are not there. Warren is not saying the government should steal the money and give it to the workers but that the government should stand on the side of the workers for once

She is for taking from some to give to others.

That's stealing no matter how you cut it

It's bad to let people keep what they earn and it'd better to take (steal via taxes) money from some to give free shit to others.

Robin Hood economics
But you thought trickle down was good? That was highway robbery of the American worker.
Where did I ever mention trickle down?

Everyone should be able to keep as much of their own money as possible.

And how does letting a person who makes more than you keep more of his own money rob you?
Warren was talking about trickle down. Try and keep up.
You addressed me as saying I said trickle down was a good idea.

Maybe you should learn to write a little more clearly huh?

And answer the question I asked.

How does someone who makes more than you keeping his own money tantamount to robbing you?
I answered you here:

Elizabeth Warren Fights Back Against the Magical Accounting of Trickle-Down Economics Page 3 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

That is wrong.
Our "woes" began with the recession under Bush and worsened since Democrats took over. For most of Bush's presidency we had low unemployment, rising wages,and steady but not great growth.
Democrats have made the economy stagnant with a tax and regulatory regime like France's. The result is high unemployment, low wage growth and lack of opportunity.

Obama administration has been the KING of regulations on us. He's taking us down to our knees

Robin Hood economics

Warrens economics are based on the argument that "we cannot afford to pay our workers more" is bullshit based on record profits

JFK once said a rising economic tide lifts all boats
That is no longer true, right now it only lifts the yachts
No one is stopping anyone from making more money.

Warren herself who grew up "on the ragged edge of the middle class" made it to the 1% she just thinks you're all to fucking stupid to do it without the government stealing money from some to give to you

When you look at 50 million workers, yes they are

The opportunities for advancement are not there, the wage pool is not there, the benefits are not there. Warren is not saying the government should steal the money and give it to the workers but that the government should stand on the side of the workers for once
By doing what, Nutsucker? Machine gunning teh management?

Here's an idea: How about quit demonizing the wealthy and successful and let them start some businesses and employ some workers, giving workers more choice and thus more leverage in wage negotiations?
Wow, radical, eh?
Of course a sad sack like you thinks he's powerless and just has to grovel for whatever crumbs he can get. And in your case that might be true.

Great idea!

Lets start rewarding companies that are creating new businesses, employing more workers, giving workers more choice

To do that, we do not need to continue government policies that reward companies that send jobs overseas, that are slashing workers jobs, pay and benefits for short term profits.

Robin Hood economics
But you thought trickle down was good? That was highway robbery of the American worker.

When Reagan cut all tax brackets, that robbed the American worker? How?

Be specific.

Reagan's tax cuts eliminated middle and working class deductions, such as tool purchases and union dues.

Robin Hood economics

Be specific.

Reagan's tax cuts eliminated middle and working class deductions, such as tool purchases and union dues.
Why should union dues be a deduction?

And last time I checked you can still write off equipment costs

After 8 years of Democrat despotic rule and the economy screwing the middle class, as she says, she wants to blame Reagan. Holy crap do we need politicians like this? Hell no.

No quite sure what Pochahanas wants to do about the situation. Except take more from someone and give it to another? Yeah that certainly has helped.

We don't need a grandma who recites liberal talking points we have had that for the last 6 years. We need someone who has accomplished something.

Where did I ever mention trickle down?

Everyone should be able to keep as much of their own money as possible.

And how does letting a person who makes more than you keep more of his own money rob you?

These Moon Bats think that all money earned should belong to the state and then state can divide it out equally, as it seems fit.

They don't like the fact that some people are more productive than others and therefore earn more money. They think that is unfair and want to use the government to correct that "injustice".

They want the government to be the great equalizer between the pot smoking welfare queen that sits on her big fat ass all day watching Kim Kardashian and the business entenpenuer who works his ass off and takes risk.

Upward economic mobility has all but stalled for the working/middle class, it would be in conservatives best interests to address this instead of ignoring it and calling people commies.

Exactly how is that done? By the government? Increasing the minimum wage??? Ha.

Be specific.

These Moon Bats thinks all money earned should belong to the government.

With that mindset they think that if you get a tax cut then they are somehow being robbed of money.

I know it is convoluted but that is how these Moon Bats think. It is stupidity like that that have earned them the title of Moon Bat.

Robin Hood economics

Be specific.

They had always been a deduction, why do you think Reagan signed off on the 'reform' of the tax code? I can't go through the entire tax code but unless someone can prove to me it is not as large as it is for any reason but to aid the special interests I'll continue to believe it is unfair to the middle and working classes.

Face the truth, the tax system isn't fair and never will be. It is so because the nation needs the revenue and The Congress is owned by white collar criminals and populated by white collar criminals who write the laws. And what do they spend the revenue on? War and its implements and corporate welfare, thus redistributing my tax dollars to those who in turn bribe the law makers with campaign donations.,

When was the last time the Congress voted themselves a cut in salary or beneftis? They ask others to accept less and do more; The 113th Congress didn't earn a dime they accepted as pay.

Last edited:

Be specific.

These Moon Bats thinks all money earned should belong to the government.

With that mindset they think that if you get a tax cut then they are somehow being robbed of money.

I know it is convoluted but that is how these Moon Bats think. It is stupidity like that that have earned them the title of Moon Bat.

Another moron ^^^. Are all self defined conservatives brain dead?

Which supposedly means something other than forced government redistribution

uh huh

Robin Hood economics

Be specific.

They had always been a deduction, why do you think Reagan signed off on the 'reform' of the tax code? I can't go through the entire tax code but unless someone can prove to me it is not as large as it is for any reason but to aid the special interests.
Face the truth, the tax system isn't fair and never will be. It is so because the nation needs the revenue and The Congress is owned by white collar criminals and populated by white collar criminals who write the laws.

When was the last time the Congress voted themselves a cut in salary or beneftis? They ask others to accept less and do more; The 113th Congress didn't earn a dime they accepted as pay.
So what if they always had been?

They shouldn't be

People used to be able to deduct the interest on the car loans too and that was done away with.

Forum List

Back