English Words Of Arabic Origins

Freeman

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2009
Good to know.

Words from Arabic - Word origins - Word Lovers' blog - Collins Dictionary

List of English words of Arabic origin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

56b9a3c9c461886e118b457f.jpg

SO if this stuff is news to you-----you are really dim. In fairly recent times ---muslims CONQUORED a huge part of the world and IMPOSED islam and Arabic----so what else is new?. English is far more prevalent in the world than is
Arabic ---especially amongst literate people. Is there some special significance
of that fact for you-------perhaps it has something to do with the BRITISH EMPIRE

the moral to the story is ETYMOLOGY IS FUN. ---and is even useful -----as is DNA in tracing the various and many migrations of mankind. In my pathetic bits
and pieces of study of some few languages-----a bit of Spanish, a bit of Hebrew, a bit of German----the issues that fascinated me the most was----"OH---THAT's from
where we (in English) got that (from Spanish --or latin, German, Hebrew ---
or whatevah.) An interesting factoid in history is that there are some names of
ancient Egyptian origin that got tossed into Hebrew along the way------thanks to CHARLTON HESTON. We even got some Sanskrit in English-----sorta---I think.
In the modern world----ENGLISH has encroached itself EVERYWHERE-----the whole world says "ok" ----and.......fuck?

the moral to the story is ETYMOLOGY IS FUN. ---and is even useful -----as is DNA in tracing the various and many migrations of mankind. In my pathetic bits
and pieces of study of some few languages-----a bit of Spanish, a bit of Hebrew, a bit of German----the issues that fascinated me the most was----"OH---THAT's from
ancient Egyptian origin that got tossed into Hebrew along the way------thanks to CHARLTON HESTON. We even got some Sanskrit in English-----sorta---I think.
In the modern world----ENGLISH has encroached itself EVERYWHERE-----the whole world says "ok" ----and.......fuck?
Yes "Fuck" and "Fuck Off",trust you get my drift

Yes "Fuck" and "Fuck Off",trust you get my drift

of course-----you are demonstrating your LOVE OF UNIVERSALITY

SO if this stuff is news to you-----you are really dim. In fairly recent times ---muslims CONQUORED a huge part of the world and IMPOSED islam and Arabic----so what else is new?. English is far more prevalent in the world than is
Arabic ---especially amongst literate people. Is there some special significance
of that fact for you-------perhaps it has something to do with the BRITISH EMPIRE
!!!! CONQUORED ???????? is that Hebrew because it certainly isn't English........DUH

!!!! CONQUORED ???????? is that Hebrew because it certainly isn't English........DUH

does spelling count in this class?

Apparently Not

Apparently Not

aahhhh good-------

Very interesting Freeman,I would like to make one point on the word "Assassin" the word Assination came to prominence after the Assassins(a group from Northern Iran close to the Caspian Sea) tried to Murder Ghengis Khan in the Mongol capital at time Korkaram in todays Mongolia.....they failed(these Assassins were the first to believe in 12 virgins etc,.)

As a response the Great Khan ordered all Assassins to be wiped out,most were but some fled to Syria and re-built......They were expert killers,mind you stoned on drugs etc.,but very effective and would die if need be for their cause.

Today the titular head of the Assassins is the very wealthy Aga Khan,(Horse Racing and many other interests)

I have recently read many books on the Great Khan Ghengis,.......as he was building up his Empire,the Crusaders requested from the Great Khan help to eliminate Saladin......Ghengis refused point blank saying "He never dealt with CANNIBALS"..which of course some of the Crusaders were...Christian Cannibals..steve,Freeman,excellent post by the way..A1

Only if you are an islamonazi propagandist that cant win a point, so has to resort to picking up on silly typo's

There are tens of arabic science books in the past translated to latin and english.

There are tens of arabic science books in the past translated to latin and english.

really-----"tens"? that's not much for about 1700 years of literacy-------what is
your point? I know of none excpet------I do know that Maimonides wrote some of his stuff in ---the form of Arabic jews used in Moorish spain------but most arabs could no. There was an AVICENNA but he just repeated stuff he learned
from Bukharan jews and there was AL FARABI----but he just repeated stuff
he learned from the Zoroastrians, Christians and Jews in Baghdad who taught him
GREEK philosophy.
not read that either

Forum List

Back