Enough politics, listen to Aretha take the roof off

Tell her to shut the fuck up and quit screaming!
FUCKING ANNOYING! What a waste of vocal talent. Who told her that constantly yelling was music?
I grew up with ten siblings, most of whom were considerably younger than me. Constant screaming. All the fucking time. Aretha and James Brown sound just like that. I wish my dad was still around to tell them to SHUT UP!

What annoyed me was Carole King's gyrations in the balcony. Maybe it was sincere but it took away from the performance.

FUCKING ANNOYING! What a waste of vocal talent. Who told her that constantly yelling was music?
I grew up with ten siblings, most of whom were considerably younger than me. Constant screaming. All the fucking time. Aretha and James Brown sound just like that. I wish my dad was still around to tell them to SHUT UP!
i thought you were an assimilationist?.....

I am. Has nothing to do with a woman screaming at people.

many say thats singing..... you got to learn to assimilate....

Many are wrong. You can like it all you want. I will never tell anyone what to like. But that is incessant screaming. I'm a working musician and I work with several female vocalists who sing, among many other tunes, Aretha tunes. Just did three of her songs last night. The woman singers I work with apply dynamics and not just incessant screaming. Aretha is just yelling in that thing.
Here's an Aretha tune we did last night. Aretha doesn't scream quite so much in this version...

Many are wrong. You can like it all you want. I will never tell anyone what to like. But that is incessant screaming. I'm a working musician and I work with several female vocalists who sing, among many other tunes, Aretha tunes. Just did three of her songs last night. The woman singers I work with apply dynamics and not just incessant screaming. Aretha is just yelling in that thing.
Here's an Aretha tune we did last night. Aretha doesn't scream quite so much in this version...

hey i hear ya.....the Songwriters Hall of Fame was established in 1969.....and yet Willie Dixon a guy whose songs have been recorded by just about everyone,was inducted in 2015,only,after a few musicians who could believe he was not in there,petitioned the fucking place to get him in there,it seems the songwriters hall is just as bad as the rock hall with who gets in....

hey i hear ya.....the Songwriters Hall of Fame was established in 1969.....and yet Willie Dixon a guy whose songs have been recorded by just about everyone,was inducted in 2015,only,after a few musicians who could believe he was not in there,petitioned the fucking place to get him in there,it seems the songwriters hall is just as bad as the rock hall with who gets in....

Yeah, he got the shitty end of the stick for a while because the people covering his tunes often took the credit themselves. Eventually he was awarded money from a law suit for it.
He often wrote tunes specifically for specific Chess artists. Hoochie Coochie Man for Muddy, My Babe for Little Walter and Red Rooster for Howlin Wolf.

Yeah, he got the shitty end of the stick for a while because the people covering his tunes often took the credit themselves. Eventually he was awarded money from a law suit for it.
He often wrote tunes specifically for specific Chess artists. Hoochie Coochie Man for Muddy, My Babe for Little Walter and Red Rooster for Howlin Wolf.

Willie was the Mozart of the Blues.....

Why do the winners receive a homo rainbow ribbon to wear around their necks? ....... :dunno:

Granny says, "Dat's right...

... Aretha makes her feel...

... like a natural woman."

I hadn't heard that Aretha song, that was great. I would only say you are comparing two different singers: Aretha in her 20s and now. She doesn't have near the power or control that she did then so there is some amount of compensation she does with just volume. But the quality and talent is still there after all these years, that is what amazes me.

Forum List

Back