ENOUGH....Time for Gun Control....NOW

another violent weekend in Chicago, 40 people shot 7 dead. all with illegal guns my guess. So why aren't leftists up in arms about all this illegal gun use? Where are you all at? One fking city in the country. anybody have stats for the other priceless cities with illegal guns?

Gun control is a Libtard fantasy that has never worked and never will.

364d9b6c21364579c0ae739ea08b58307d6011ccb19e92fec22540951470fe20_1.jpg

[
Shit for brains, in this part of the country handguns outnumber people many times over - more firearms = less crime. You are a stupid fucker LOL

Yeah, America is a crime-free Utopia thanks to the second...:cuckoo:
There is a lot less crime were firearms outnumber people… Fact

Statement: "There is a lot less crime were firearms outnumber people… Fact"

Statement is stupid ... FACT!

Correlation does not prove cause and effect! The assumption, that "correlation proves causation," is a logical fallacy and only argued by the poorly educated, liars or fools. Sorry Rustic, the truth hurts as you seem to have proved the trifecta.
ahh but in the leftist mind correlation = causation for climate? So which is it?

Very few homes suffer home invasions, burglary is usually committed when no one is home.

Nothing in my position on gun control has ever proposed that the 2nd A. Right be repealed. I respect the right to own and possess a gun to protect one's home or business as long as the gun owner is sane, sober and responsible. Thus my advocacy for Licensing and Registration, which ought to be a states right's issue, and one supported by responsible gun owners.

So everywhere can be like NYC then? Where it would take me 3-6 months and $1000 in fees to get a handgun to keep in my own home?

Drop the hyperbole and grow up. I doubt rural states would impose such restrictions. Urban boards of supervisors/county councils have a duty to protect its citizens, if they decide firearm A. is a public nuisance, they can make that weapon illegal within their area of much as has been done with gravity and push button knives.

What hyperbole? What part of the 2nd amendment says just because I live in a City a local government can infringe on my rights?

And while I can't get a "gravity" knife in NYC I can get a survival knife at the local Home Depot.

Again, I cannot legally get a handgun for just home use without waiting 3-6 months and paying $1000.

Why isn't that infringement, and why, just because I live in a city is that somehow constitutional.

But we all know your answer, because you claim to be a former LEO, so you know your butt buddies in government will always let you have a gun, and the rest of us get treated like second class citizens.

Asshole.

Temper, temper. LE is treated differently because before a deputy, officer or agent is issued a service weapon they are vetted by supervisors, management staff and completed a comprehensive background check, passed a series of written and verbal psychological assessments and during their probationary period work under the tutelage of an FTO - Field Training Officer. My guess Mr. Angry guy, you wouldn't pass the first test.

And yet there are still plenty of officers who misuse their firearms, either on or off duty, or have alcohol or drug issues, or domestic violence issues.

and the main purpose of having LEO's isn't that they are armed, it is they have the ability to arrest people without worrying if the person arrested is actually guilty, unlike a citizen who arrests someone, who can be held liable if it turns out the person arrested did not perform the act that led to the arrest.

You also didn't respond to my other statements, you gutless dime store hack.

Your ignorance is beyond belief.

In fact all of the background checks, psychological assessments, interviews and training do not produce a robot, human beings are complicated, and the job itself creates stresses which can affect one's judgment.

An detention is made based on probable cause, see:

Legal Dictionary - Law.com

Correlation does not prove cause and effect! The assumption, that "correlation proves causation," is a logical fallacy and only argued by the poorly educated, liars or fools. Sorry Rustic, the truth hurts as you seem to have proved the trifecta.
Rural areas of the country... Firearms outnumber people many, many times over. A fraction of the crime that happens every single day in urban areas… Fact

Once again, Correlation does not prove cause and effect!

When people who would rob a house know that a large percentage of homeowners in an area own firearms are they more or less likely to attempt a home break in?

Very few homes suffer home invasions, burglary is usually committed when no one is home.

Nothing in my position on gun control has ever proposed that the 2nd A. Right be repealed. I respect the right to own and possess a gun to protect one's home or business as long as the gun owner is sane, sober and responsible. Thus my advocacy for Licensing and Registration, which ought to be a states right's issue, and one supported by responsible gun owners.
it's done today. so move on.

[
Shit for brains, in this part of the country handguns outnumber people many times over - more firearms = less crime. You are a stupid fucker LOL

ahh but in the leftist mind correlation = causation for climate? So which is it?

A hypothesis, everyone ought to know that.

[

A hypothesis, everyone ought to know that.
A hypothesis for what? does correlation = causation or only when you and yours say so?

So everywhere can be like NYC then? Where it would take me 3-6 months and $1000 in fees to get a handgun to keep in my own home?

Drop the hyperbole and grow up. I doubt rural states would impose such restrictions. Urban boards of supervisors/county councils have a duty to protect its citizens, if they decide firearm A. is a public nuisance, they can make that weapon illegal within their area of much as has been done with gravity and push button knives.

What hyperbole? What part of the 2nd amendment says just because I live in a City a local government can infringe on my rights?

And while I can't get a "gravity" knife in NYC I can get a survival knife at the local Home Depot.

Again, I cannot legally get a handgun for just home use without waiting 3-6 months and paying $1000.

Why isn't that infringement, and why, just because I live in a city is that somehow constitutional.

But we all know your answer, because you claim to be a former LEO, so you know your butt buddies in government will always let you have a gun, and the rest of us get treated like second class citizens.

Asshole.

Temper, temper. LE is treated differently because before a deputy, officer or agent is issued a service weapon they are vetted by supervisors, management staff and completed a comprehensive background check, passed a series of written and verbal psychological assessments and during their probationary period work under the tutelage of an FTO - Field Training Officer. My guess Mr. Angry guy, you wouldn't pass the first test.

And yet there are still plenty of officers who misuse their firearms, either on or off duty, or have alcohol or drug issues, or domestic violence issues.

and the main purpose of having LEO's isn't that they are armed, it is they have the ability to arrest people without worrying if the person arrested is actually guilty, unlike a citizen who arrests someone, who can be held liable if it turns out the person arrested did not perform the act that led to the arrest.

In fact all of the background checks, psychological assessments, interviews and training do not produce a robot, human beings are complicated, and the job itself creates stresses which can affect one's judgment.

I never said they were robots, you are the one saying they get more rights than I have because of their training. My point is that they are just as fallible as anyone else, and the fact that they get to keep a handgun in their home, off duty, no other questions asked is stupid when I, as a law abiding citizen with no criminal record do not get the same courtesy.

It's not about the detention, its about the liability. The whole concept of being able to arrest on probable cause is based on the immunity a LEO receives, by law, if a innocent person is arrested (as long as the cop follows procedures). If I were to make a citizens arrest, and it turns out I was in error, "probable cause" won't help me.

THAT is what separates LEO's from other citizens, not the ability to posses firearms, which should be available to any law abiding citizen, as granted by the constitution.

Career Politicians certainly do not know what's best for anybody, they are all a bunch of fuck ups… LOL

Another stupid uninformed comment.
I know the career politician is your God, which is fine just don't expect anyone else to have the same view. Dip shit
Lol

No, but not all pols are cut from the same cloth. No doubt that comment taxes your thinkin ... err, beliefs.
huh?

Asshole.

I never said they were robots, you are the one saying they get more rights than I have because of their training. My point is that they are just as fallible as anyone else, and the fact that they get to keep a handgun in their home, off duty, no other questions asked is stupid when I, as a law abiding citizen with no criminal record do not get the same courtesy.

It's not about the detention, its about the liability. The whole concept of being able to arrest on probable cause is based on the immunity a LEO receives, by law, if a innocent person is arrested (as long as the cop follows procedures). If I were to make a citizens arrest, and it turns out I was in error, "probable cause" won't help me.

THAT is what separates LEO's from other citizens, not the ability to posses firearms, which should be available to any law abiding citizen, as granted by the constitution.

You don't know shit. A warrant for arrest is signed under penalty of perjury, a police report is signed by the officer, which includes witness statements and other evidence to support the detention. The actual arrest occurs at booking and is approved by a supervisor. In many situations the defendant may be cited and released, if in the officers opinion the crime is not on going, and when detained can be released on a promise to appear by the local detention (police station, for example) or the County Jail intake supervisor, also with a promise to appear.

He, if you want to pay for a battery of psychological assessments, provide detailed information on everywhere you've lived, and have all civil and criminal records sourced, civil judgments (ever been sued) and restraining orders, military records, credit reports, marital status and at least three references from non relatives, your high school records and several interviews including in some jurisdictions a polygraph, then qualify every 3-4 months be my guessed.

Last edited:

Asshole.

You don't know shit. A warrant for arrest is signed under penalty of perjury, a police report is signed by the officer, which includes witness statements and other evidence to support the detention. The actual arrest occurs at booking and is approved by a supervisor. In many situations the defendant may be cited and released, if in the officers opinion the crime is not on going, and when detained can be released on a promise to appear by the local detention (police station, for example) or the County Jail intake supervisor, also with a promise to appear.

He, if you want to pay for a battery of psychological assessments, provide detailed information on everywhere you've lived, and have all civil and criminal records sourced, civil judgments (ever been sued) and restraining orders, military records, credit reports, marital status and at least three references from non relatives, your high school records and several interviews including in some jurisdictions a polygraph, then qualify ever 3-4 months be my guessed.

You just discussed the procedures that are to be followed, not the immunity from liability from a wrongful detainment/arrest that a citizen does not have, and an LEO does. Why can't you admit that? Oh wait, it goes against your "ME LAW ENFORCEMENT ASSHOLE, GUNS ONLY FOR ME," bullshit.

I don't want to be an LEO, what I want is my RKBA not to be infringed, and infringed by assholes like you who only care that your own shit is taken care of, and fuck everyone else.

Rural areas of the country... Firearms outnumber people many, many times over. A fraction of the crime that happens every single day in urban areas… Fact

Once again, Correlation does not prove cause and effect!

When people who would rob a house know that a large percentage of homeowners in an area own firearms are they more or less likely to attempt a home break in?

That was not my question.

And there are enough instances where home invasions take place when people are home.
FYI that number is one as far as I'm concerned and it happened in my state. A man's wife and 2 daughters were brutalized, raped and burned alive in their own home

LE is treated differently because before a deputy, officer or agent is issued a service weapon they are vetted by supervisors, management staff and completed a comprehensive background check, passed a series of written and verbal psychological assessments and during their probationary period work under the tutelage of an FTO - Field Training Officer.

They don't seem to do a very good job of it.

The Second Amendment is all anyone needs for their "firearms license" in this country. As it should be.... Lol

I disagree. Americans have shown they are not mature enough to allow the 2nd to stand.

Really? 99.999 percent of the gun owners never commit a crime. There is a proven 8% of the criminal population that commits 80% of the violent crime. So you think it is correct to penalize 90 million people for the actions of less than 100,000? You're a fool.

Forum List

Back