Escaping Christianity

My daughters who are in 8th grade and 11th grade attend a very conservative Christian school. They do not allow Catholics or Mormons to attend the school. The school administration actually does care whether I am an atheist or not. My kids can be removed from the school for having an element in their environment that obstructed their mini theocracy.

Then get them out... you aren't making a good case here.

Sure, you could say, "forget your kids. They don't matter." I just don't feel that way. My oldest daughter is in a fierce race to be valedictorian. I am almost certain she would never forgive me for screwing that up. My relationship with my daughter is more important than what some guy on a message board thinks.

Honestly, that's still kind of a petty reason... but I'm actually finding myself in agreement with SourSue.

My oldest daughter and I have a very strong relationship. She gets me and I get her. She knows all about my lack of faith. She understands all the practical reasons for me living a lie. She is in 11th grade. In 9th grade the performance of students starts being compiled to determine class placement. She is in 2nd place and is 1/100th of a point lower than the 1st place kid.

When she gets kicked out of school her whole existence is crushed at a pivotal part of her life. Screw you. This isn't petty at all. Just to help paint this picture. I teach at the same school that she attends. Thus I resign at the end if this year. Keep my mouth shut for an additional. Let her graduate.

My second daughter isn't going to be valedictorian. lol. (Trust me. That is funny.) I can come out and jeopardize her getting kicked out of school without feeling like an evil person.
So you admit to being a liar, you admit your daughter knows you're a liar (which makes you guilty of scandal), and somehow you want us to congratulate you?

My daughters who are in 8th grade and 11th grade attend a very conservative Christian school. They do not allow Catholics or Mormons to attend the school. The school administration actually does care whether I am an atheist or not. My kids can be removed from the school for having an element in their environment that obstructed their mini theocracy.

Sure, you could say, "forget your kids. They don't matter." I just don't feel that way. My oldest daughter is in a fierce race to be valedictorian. I am almost certain she would never forgive me for screwing that up. My relationship with my daughter is more important than what some guy on a message board thinks.

Honestly, that's still kind of a petty reason... but I'm actually finding myself in agreement with SourSue.

My oldest daughter and I have a very strong relationship. She gets me and I get her. She knows all about my lack of faith. She understands all the practical reasons for me living a lie. She is in 11th grade. In 9th grade the performance of students starts being compiled to determine class placement. She is in 2nd place and is 1/100th of a point lower than the 1st place kid.

When she gets kicked out of school her whole existence is crushed at a pivotal part of her life. Screw you. This isn't petty at all. Just to help paint this picture. I teach at the same school that she attends. Thus I resign at the end if this year. Keep my mouth shut for an additional. Let her graduate.

My second daughter isn't going to be valedictorian. lol. (Trust me. That is funny.) I can come out and jeopardize her getting kicked out of school without feeling like an evil person.
So you admit to being a liar, you admit your daughter knows you're a liar (which makes you guilty of scandal), and somehow you want us to congratulate you?

I am putting an end to it. What is your suggestion? Start believing in Jesus?

I was raised in church, married a Christian, raised my kids in church and currently teach Bible at a Christian school. At the end of this school year (May 2020) I plan to resign as a teacher and stop attending church for one full year. At the end of that year I plan to have my name removed from the church role and afterwards make my atheism public. I love the philosphy, ethics and the culture surrounding Christianity. I just can't live a lie any more. It just can't be healthy. This invisible and silent God dude offers me nothing. I love the Bible and learn a lot from it but the God dude in that book either doesn't exist or has no interest in me. Church attendance is more burdensome than it used to be. I learn more from the Bible studying independently. Kindergarten might be fun for a 6 year old but is painfully boring to a 40 year old.

Any questions? I have lots more to say but I already feel like the post was too long.
Does your spouse know? What does she think about it?

Last edited:

Why would they kick her out?

I was raised in church, married a Christian, raised my kids in church and currently teach Bible at a Christian school. At the end of this school year (May 2020) I plan to resign as a teacher and stop attending church for one full year. At the end of that year I plan to have my name removed from the church role and afterwards make my atheism public. I love the philosphy, ethics and the culture surrounding Christianity. I just can't live a lie any more. It just can't be healthy. This invisible and silent God dude offers me nothing. I love the Bible and learn a lot from it but the God dude in that book either doesn't exist or has no interest in me. Church attendance is more burdensome than it used to be. I learn more from the Bible studying independently. Kindergarten might be fun for a 6 year old but is painfully boring to a 40 year old.

Any questions? I have lots more to say but I already feel like the post was too long.
Does you spouse know? What does she think about it?

you're late, his whole family knows about it - too bad he does not examine the 1st century as it truly was. the message of triumph circumvented later by a forged religion proclaiming the opposite, worshiping a false messiah.

Sounds like a good plan. Obviously you were never really part of G-d family, and it is better for you to be honest with yourself, and G-d by the way. He has likely been waiting a long time for you to just say openly what you really believe.

I wish you the best, and I hope you find whatever it is that you want.

you're late, his whole family knows about it - too bad he does not examine the 1st century as it truly was. the message of triumph circumvented later by a forged religion proclaiming the opposite, worshiping a false messiah.
You’d be the last person I would seek advice from.

you're just to lazy to read the thread, some good christian shrilling and want it given to you ... nothing new there.

you're just to lazy to read the thread, some good christian shrilling and want it given to you ... nothing new there.
Yes, I did not read the thread.

You are easily the worst person on this board. I didn’t need to read this thread to know that.

You are easily the worst person on this board. I didn’t need to read this thread to know that.
You are easily the worst person on this board

sorry, I'm not a christian ... that's your calling.

Thus proving my point.

What you intend for evil God is using for good.

Thus proving my point.

you're a joke bing, you should not have chosen what you read.

Thus proving my point.

I couldn’t give two shits what a fanatic such as yourself believes.

You are an aggressor and you will suffer predictable surprises for your truculence.

When she gets kicked out of school her whole existence is crushed at a pivotal part of her life. Screw you. This isn't petty at all. Just to help paint this picture. I teach at the same school that she attends. Thus I resign at the end if this year. Keep my mouth shut for an additional year. Let her graduate.

My second daughter isn't going to be valedictorian. lol. (Trust me. That is funny.) I can come out and jeopardize my youngest kid getting kicked out of school without feeling like an evil person.

Again, really kind of petty to lie to everyone and your employer so someone can win an award.

You see, funny thing... If I realized the people I worked with were all a bunch of self-righteous hypocrites, I wouldn't hang around with them. I've quit jobs for a lot less.

How about "Not taking someone's money under false pretenses"... that would seem to be something a decent person would do.

I will no longer discuss this topic in this thread. I am open to discuss it other threads.

Dude, you started the thread... I think you are just upset that Christians and Atheists alike agree your behavior is kind of awful.

When she gets kicked out of school her whole existence is crushed at a pivotal part of her life. Screw you. This isn't petty at all. Just to help paint this picture. I teach at the same school that she attends. Thus I resign at the end if this year. Keep my mouth shut for an additional year. Let her graduate.

My second daughter isn't going to be valedictorian. lol. (Trust me. That is funny.) I can come out and jeopardize my youngest kid getting kicked out of school without feeling like an evil person.

So. What you are teaching your daughter is: it is okay to live a lie and con people if you stand to gain dishonestly. If you stand to gain, period.

That's what you're teaching her. Well done there, dad.

Or not

Thus proving my point.

You are an aggressor and you will suffer predictable surprises for your truculence.

you might try and suffer with some self control, the results in your case are guaranteed.

upload_2019-8-20_9-32-8.jpeg

Thus proving my point.

you might try and suffer with some self control, the results in your case are guaranteed.

View attachment 275208
Christians positively espouse making sacrifices. In fact, we look for even more ways to sacrifice to add to the happiness making sacrifices gives us.

The best you can hope for is to suffer without complaint.

Forum List

Back