Ethics Complaint Filed Against McCarthy, Gowdy

I heard a bunch of clips of McCarthy speaking. He's a fucking retard.

First elected in 2006.

He went from a nobody to presumptive House Speaker in nine years. John Dingell has corns on his feet older than McCarthy's tenure.

If McCarthy's a retard, what does that say about the rest of them?

Nothing good, to be sure.

Seems to me the DemocRATs and their lapdog media did a very similar job on Trump with his MEXICAN COMMENTS.... Anyone with a brain knew he was talking about ILLEGAL MEXICANS, but that didn't matter. Seems McCarthy didn't mention the SECONDARY effect of the Benghazi hearings was the drastic drop in the Hildebeasts poll numbers. Yes, he did word it , STUPIDLY, but most citizens that vote, AND have a functioning brain, realize that was what he meant to say.... But, this will play with the MSM, and the LAP DOG Subnversive DemocRATS here and in the underground, Salon, and Daily Kos for awhile...I mean, after all LOOK who they are defending!

6GqDjx8.jpg

Typical democrats. Hillary has enough scandals to put her in the slammer but democrats circle the wagons and file ethics complaints about republicans. Ho-hum.

Well this has to hurt, when you are legally bound to investigate your own member for an ethics violation and if you try to cover it up, or dismiss it out of hand, inadvertently allow it to blow up into something even bigger.

"Timeline of the McCarthy Benghazi committee slip-up 01:31

Washington (CNN)Rep. Alan Grayson filed an ethics complaint Wednesday against House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy accusing the No.2 Republican of using taxpayer dollars to make political attacks against Hillary Clinton.

Yeah big freakin' surprise, Congress is full of unethical douche bags that use tax payer dollars to play partisan politics and the gub'mint worshippers always want to give these miscreants MORE POWER AND MORE TAXPAYER MONEY to play with. :rolleyes:

It would be rare to expect anything worthwhile to come from this, but imagine if Gowdy and McCarthy had their email subpoenaed. Things could change pretty quickly if there was anything of import there.

They're in congress and thus their email is a matter of public record, so it should be available via a FOI request, no subpoena required, unless of course they've decided to hide their emails on a private server in somebody's bathroom somewhere.

NO, Congress is exempt from the Freedom of Information Act:

"Agencies within the executive branch of the federal government, including the
Executive Office of the President and independent regulatory agencies, are subject
to the provisions of the FOIA. (4) However, the FOIA does not apply to entities that
"are neither chartered by the federal government [n]or controlled by it." (5) Thus, it is
settled that state governments, (6) municipal corporations, (7) the courts, (8) Congress, (9) and private citizens (10) are not subject to the FOIA.
Nor does the FOIA
apply to a presidential transition team. (11) http://www.justice.gov/oip/foia-guide-2004-edition-procedural-requirments
Copy and paste. I thought you were above that?

I produced the source and authority to prove my point. You didn't do anything except highlight words and expected me to come to some kind of conclusion by it.

Yeah big freakin' surprise, Congress is full of unethical douche bags that use tax payer dollars to play partisan politics and the gub'mint worshippers always want to give these miscreants MORE POWER AND MORE TAXPAYER MONEY to play with. :rolleyes:

It would be rare to expect anything worthwhile to come from this, but imagine if Gowdy and McCarthy had their email subpoenaed. Things could change pretty quickly if there was anything of import there.

They're in congress and thus their email is a matter of public record, so it should be available via a FOI request, no subpoena required, unless of course they've decided to hide their emails on a private server in somebody's bathroom somewhere.

Executive Office of the President and independent regulatory agencies, are subject
to the provisions of the FOIA. (4) However, the FOIA does not apply to entities that
"are neither chartered by the federal government [n]or controlled by it." (5) Thus, it is
settled that state governments, (6) municipal corporations, (7) the courts, (8) Congress, (9) and private citizens (10) are not subject to the FOIA.
Nor does the FOIA
apply to a presidential transition team. (11) http://www.justice.gov/oip/foia-guide-2004-edition-procedural-requirments

I produced the source and authority to prove my point. You didn't do anything except highlight words and expected me to come to some kind of conclusion by it.

Go back and look yourself and I invite anyone else to do the same.

I'm suggesting to my Congresswoman that this new investigation be called Benghazigate.
It' probably wouldn't be anythingate if obama hadn't tried blaming it on a video.
Not a very ennobling comment to make to the family's; of the dead

Well I can tell you that Democrats are upset because by revealing that this was a hatchet job, truly disgraces those who died. We thought it was all about them only to find they are dead puppets manipulated to make a candidate look bad.

Nor does the FOIA

In my case, My opinion is worth more than any liberals facts. :)

I'm suggesting to my Congresswoman that this new investigation be called Benghazigate.
It' probably wouldn't be anythingate if obama hadn't tried blaming it on a video.

Well I can tell you that Democrats are upset because by revealing that this was a hatchet job, truly disgraces those who died. We thought it was all about them only to find they are dead puppets manipulated to make a candidate look bad.
ya it worked pretty good against Romney didn't it.

Romney was his own worst enemy.

You're :"right"....The very best way to honor the families of those dead Americans is to waste 2 years and millions on NOTHING...
Now THAT's patriotic American.

Romney was his own worst enemy.
maybe, but I don't think a better man ran for President than Romney

Well this has to hurt, when you are legally bound to investigate your own member for an ethics violation and if you try to cover it up, or dismiss it out of hand, inadvertently allow it to blow up into something even bigger.

Washington (CNN)Rep. Alan Grayson filed an ethics complaint Wednesday against House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy accusing the No.2 Republican of using taxpayer dollars to make political attacks against Hillary Clinton.

Nor does the FOIA
Of course congress would not want to include themselves in creating transparency.

Despicable.

BUT the Hildebeast and the Obumanation LIED about the CAUSE (A video?..LOLOLOLOL!!!) AND they lied about HELP NOT BEING close by...THAT KILLED those 4 men! But, hell, we can spin it so it looks like they are only trying to NAIL the MURDEROUS BITCH... But let's forget about the e-mail scandals, and the Clinton Family CRIME Foundation, and the DONORS to that, the 181 DONORS that looked to her as Sec. of State to further the agendas of those donors... OR WHO got into her private server, and as of TODAY, we find that she had a SECOND PRIVATE SERVER as backup, with ALL her e-mail, or at least 90+% of them stored in a cloud!!!!!

Second IT firm agrees to give Clinton’s server data to FBI

McClatchy DC ^ | October 6th, 2015 | By Greg Gordon and Anita Kumar

WASHINGTON

Hillary Clinton hired a Connecticut company to back up her emails on a “cloud” storage system, and her lawyers have agreed to turn whatever it contains over to the FBI, a personal familiar with the situation said Tuesday.

The disclosure came as a Republican Senate committee chairman, Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson, also asked the firm to turn over to the committee copies of any Clinton emails still in its possession.

There were conflicting accounts as to whether the development could lead to recovery of any of Clinton’s more than 31,000 personal emails, which she said she deleted from her private server upon turning over her work-related emails to the State Department, at its request, in December 2014.

Congressional Republicans have voiced skepticism as to whether the 30,940 business emails that the Democratic presidential candidate handed over represented all of those related to her position as secretary of state. The FBI is separately investigating whether Clinton’s arrangement put classified information at risk but has yet to characterize it as a criminal inquiry.

Datto Inc., based in Norwalk, Conn., became the second data storage firm to become entangled in the inquiry into Clinton’s unusual email arrangement, which has sparked a furor that has dogged her campaign. In August, Clinton and the firm that had managed her server since June 2013, Colorado-based Platte River Networks, agreed to surrender it for examination by the FBI.

BUT the Hildebeast and the Obumanation LIED about the CAUSE (A video?..LOLOLOLOL!!!) AND they lied about HELP NOT BEING close by...THAT KILLED those 4 men! But, hell, we can spin it so it looks like they are only trying to NAIL the MURDEROUS BITCH... But let's forget about the e-mail scandals, and the Clinto Family CRIME Foundation, and the DONORS to that, the 181 DONORS that looked to her as Sec. of State to further the agendas of thos donors... OR WHO got into her private server, and as as TODAY, we find that she had a SECOND PRIVATE SERVER as backup, with ALL her e-mail, or at least 90+% of them stored in a cloud!!!!!

Second IT firm agrees to give Clinton’s server data to FBI

McClatchy DC ^ | October 6th, 2015 | By Greg Gordon and Anita Kumar

WASHINGTON

Hillary Clinton hired a Connecticut company to back up her emails on a “cloud” storage system, and her lawyers have agreed to turn whatever it contains over to the FBI, a personal familiar with the situation said Tuesday.

The disclosure came as a Republican Senate committee chairman, Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson, also asked the firm to turn over to the committee copies of any Clinton emails still in its possession.

There were conflicting accounts as to whether the development could lead to recovery of any of Clinton’s more than 31,000 personal emails, which she said she deleted from her private server upon turning over her work-related emails to the State Department, at its request, in December 2014.

Congressional Republicans have voiced skepticism as to whether the 30,940 business emails that the Democratic presidential candidate handed over represented all of those related to her position as secretary of state. The FBI is separately investigating whether Clinton’s arrangement put classified information at risk but has yet to characterize it as a criminal inquiry.

Datto Inc., based in Norwalk, Conn., became the second data storage firm to become entangled in the inquiry into Clinton’s unusual email arrangement, which has sparked a furor that has dogged her campaign. In August, Clinton and the firm that had managed her server since June 2013, Colorado-based Platte River Networks, agreed to surrender it for examination by the FBI.

WHAT???? No cartoons.....Vigilante must have taken his Ensure.

Romney, who I like still, shot himself in the mouth with 47%.

Nor does the FOIA

Figures they get to hide all their nefarious dealings from the public that pays their salaries... or should I say overpays their salaries. Why anybody in their right mind would want to give these bums more power and more money is beyond me.

Forum List

Back