Even if Biden wins, it doesn’t matter.

Joe and Kamala need to both use their superpowers to help each other...like Superman and Batman!

LOL, you surely echo Trump's Game. Two-Thirds of the 2017 Tax Bill ( passed by the lame duck Republican Congress, and Trump ) favored the top earners and corporations; one-third went to the rest of us. In 2017 the tax cut to you and me will sunset, the cut of taxes to the top earners and corporations do not and more importantly the deductions that disappeared, or were cut, will not be restored.

Corporations create jobs and pass taxes on to people. A zero corporate tax would really make the U.S. economy soar.

And:

BULLSHIT. A post not worthy of a rebuttal.

BUT, why let Trump's Lies stand without a rebuttal? Thus:

Politicians have sold out to foreign entities.

What this election has told us, in multiple ways, is that our country has fundamentally changed and that breaks my heart.

The Republicans are entrenched. They are likely to retain control of the senate, added to their House, and retained state legislatures. They have the courts. They will control redistricting after the census and we can expect continued gerrymandering to further marginalize Democrat voting blocks, leading to more districts where a minority of the voters controls a majority of the seats. Not unique to Republicans, but increasingly utilized by them.

The Democrats have still, somehow missed the mark. Again. They can’t seem to get a message to the people that unifies. Maybe this is because Biden is not strong candidate, and Trump carries the power of the incumbency into the election. There are some bright spots, retaining seats in Texas, tight margins in some key red states.

If Trump wins, I see a further dismantling of our nation’s democratic infrastructure and a continued decline in our image and effectiveness abroad. I see complete politicization of our departments, from tiny VOA to DoJ, and entire civil service where personal loyalty is demanded over competency and professionalism. When Trump talks about reorganizing military leadership, is he attempting to politicize the military? I do not think this is hyperbole. We have been seeing this trend for four years, E.O. after E.O.

If Trump wins, and continues his assault on long established unwritten rules of behavior and social norms what will we see coming out of this? When society agrees to an unwritten set of norms and our leaders hold to it, our institutions function smoothly even with bumps and potholes. But when those potholes become so extreme they threaten the structure and people can no longer navigate, we are forced to create laws or rules we never thought would be needed. Example: media resorting to fact checking, because the volume of disinformation and political lies exceeds the ability of our society to handle, and it is coming from our leadership. I fear, if Trump is re-elected further attacks on truth, on facts, and on genuine journalism.

But Trump doesn’t need to win for this. It is already rolling down on us. If Biden wins, a huge segment of America voted for Trump. Huge! And that is dismaying and unsettling, to me, because I see this election as not about which candidate to elect, but as who we are as a country and who we want to be going forward.

If Biden wins, what, at best will happen? A rollback of EO’s? Competent people making decisions? Rebuilding the integrity and professionalism of our battered institutions: DoJ, State Department, EPA, CDC, VOA,....

If Trump wins, there is nothing to stop him from using his offfice to go after his “enemies“, every person who has ever criticized, spoken up, or gone against him and firing those who won’t do it. I think this, coming from the top of our leadership, is an existential crisis. If Biden wins....maybe the Republicans can create a better party, without Trump.

I read, somewhere, that an alarming number of people no longer feel democratic principles are so important, and that a strong (authoritarian) leader might even be preferred to the messiness and uncertainties of democratic systems. I'm trying to find links to this, because I wonder if it plays into sentiments driving our country today.

Trump won 2016 by very narrow margins. 2020 will be the same, who ever wins. Will the people win?

How can you ignore how the billionaire class, and the political class have sold this country out to the chinese?

That is the real story here. The big tech companies all do whatever china tells them to do, but they won't help our law enforcement in legitimate terrorism cases.

They help china build a Orwellian plice state, and censor American news and political groups.

These are facts Coyote, not suppositions. Do you want to sell the USA out to China? By supporting the political class you are doing exactly that.

What's changed? Could it be democrats legalising hard drugs, supporting pedophilla, taking hard earned money to give to illegals and never do wells, demanding Christians bow down to perversions, burning and looting at every given chance, defunding those that keep us safe, etc!

Yeah shit changed....not for the better for sure
No one supports pedo. My own hard earned money goes to support Christian groups Whether I want to or not. Nor do I or anyone I know support burning and looting or engage in it.

Out of 1.3 billion Muslims only 300 million are islamists. Your statement is exactly as meaningless to the victims of Democrat violence, as the Muslim statistic is to the victims of islamic terrorism.

What this election has told us, in multiple ways, is that our country has fundamentally changed and that breaks my heart.

The Republicans are entrenched. They are likely to retain control of the senate, added to their House, and retained state legislatures. They have the courts. They will control redistricting after the census and we can expect continued gerrymandering to further marginalize Democrat voting blocks, leading to more districts where a minority of the voters controls a majority of the seats. Not unique to Republicans, but increasingly utilized by them.

The Democrats have still, somehow missed the mark. Again. They can’t seem to get a message to the people that unifies. Maybe this is because Biden is not strong candidate, and Trump carries the power of the incumbency into the election. There are some bright spots, retaining seats in Texas, tight margins in some key red states.

If Trump wins, I see a further dismantling of our nation’s democratic infrastructure and a continued decline in our image and effectiveness abroad. I see complete politicization of our departments, from tiny VOA to DoJ, and entire civil service where personal loyalty is demanded over competency and professionalism. When Trump talks about reorganizing military leadership, is he attempting to politicize the military? I do not think this is hyperbole. We have been seeing this trend for four years, E.O. after E.O.

If Trump wins, and continues his assault on long established unwritten rules of behavior and social norms what will we see coming out of this? When society agrees to an unwritten set of norms and our leaders hold to it, our institutions function smoothly even with bumps and potholes. But when those potholes become so extreme they threaten the structure and people can no longer navigate, we are forced to create laws or rules we never thought would be needed. Example: media resorting to fact checking, because the volume of disinformation and political lies exceeds the ability of our society to handle, and it is coming from our leadership. I fear, if Trump is re-elected further attacks on truth, on facts, and on genuine journalism.

But Trump doesn’t need to win for this. It is already rolling down on us. If Biden wins, a huge segment of America voted for Trump. Huge! And that is dismaying and unsettling, to me, because I see this election as not about which candidate to elect, but as who we are as a country and who we want to be going forward.

If Biden wins, what, at best will happen? A rollback of EO’s? Competent people making decisions? Rebuilding the integrity and professionalism of our battered institutions: DoJ, State Department, EPA, CDC, VOA,....

If Trump wins, there is nothing to stop him from using his offfice to go after his “enemies“, every person who has ever criticized, spoken up, or gone against him and firing those who won’t do it. I think this, coming from the top of our leadership, is an existential crisis. If Biden wins....maybe the Republicans can create a better party, without Trump.

I read, somewhere, that an alarming number of people no longer feel democratic principles are so important, and that a strong (authoritarian) leader might even be preferred to the messiness and uncertainties of democratic systems. I'm trying to find links to this, because I wonder if it plays into sentiments driving our country today.

Trump won 2016 by very narrow margins. 2020 will be the same, who ever wins. Will the people win?

How can you ignore how the billionaire class, and the political class have sold this country out to the chinese?

That is the real story here. The big tech companies all do whatever china tells them to do, but they won't help our law enforcement in legitimate terrorism cases.

They help china build a Orwellian plice state, and censor American news and political groups.

These are facts Coyote, not suppositions. Do you want to sell the USA out to China? By supporting the political class you are doing exactly that.

I just think that she is overwhelmingly ignorant.

Imo Trump fundamentally changed (with covid's help) America's view that China is our largest existential threat. That unseated not just democratic ideology but gop as well.

Whatever we can do on systemic immigration reform, it's not going to contain a legal way for illegal aliens to stay here … beyond the Dreamers. That also unsets Reagan and W positions, not just dem.

Intl Trade will be impacted in some way. Trump never really got any trade deal with China beyond saying if they did anything he didn't like, he's impose tariffs. But it's going to be hard/impossible for any future admin to approve trade deals with anyone. But we already have them with N.America and the EU. And our shoes and clothes and gadgets are made in asia.

As for the SC, it was pretty much a foregone conclusion that whoever won in 16 was going to replace at least Kennedy, Breyer and Ginsburg. Brick abortion clinics are on the way out in bible belt states. Unless congress passed voting rights, the SC wasn't going there on it's own …. unless the Barrett Court decides to approve of an exective's acts in preventing mail in voting …. that is legal. We will now have tax money going to religious K-12 schools. And the state and locals will be able to outsource public duties like adoption to religious groups wanting to discriminate against gays.

I don't think Trump really had any effect on actual legislation anymore than he actually negotiated intl agreements. But I do think people were willing to overlook his character defects to achieve the first two ideological changes in both parties. And a lot of Trump voters in 16 had voted for Obama. So, while I agree Trump gave people a green light to behave uncivilly that was not ok before, I'm not so sure anyone like Cruz or Rubio or Nikki is going to get that kind of a pass.

What's changed? Could it be democrats legalising hard drugs, supporting pedophilla, taking hard earned money to give to illegals and never do wells, demanding Christians bow down to perversions, burning and looting at every given chance, defunding those that keep us safe, etc!

No one supports pedo. My own hard earned money goes to support Christian groups Whether I want to or not. Nor do I or anyone I know support burning and looting or engage in it.

Out of 1.3 billion Muslims only 300 million are islamists. Your statement is exactly as meaningless to the victims of Democrat violence, as the Muslim statistic is to the victims of islamic terrorism.

Well then. Let's add in the victims of Republican violence.

What happened to your BLUE TSUNAMI?
bluewave.jpg

Fake news, real liar.

l.;

Pretty much what I expected. Polls were wrong on that (and I did not make ANY predictions on this election because 2020, and Trump are so outside the realm of normal). IMO the seats Dems were hoping to take in very red areas were a long shot at best. Their inattention to vulnerable house members cost them house seats.

IMO, the election was a referendum on Trump personally - not on either party.

View attachment 413729

Do we need to send a rescue crew for you down in there?

Take a deep breath. It's not that bad.

By all means do so. What's the ratio? 40 to one democrat? Either you care about China, or you care about the USA.

Choose.

By all means do so. What's the ratio? 40 to one democrat? Either you care about China, or you care about the USA.

Choose.

To quote you - tell that to the victims.

Other than that, with China - I support a strong, multi-lateral policy towards China's trade and intellectual property practices. I don't see any difference between Trump and "the political class" in regards to China. Trump family does business in China, daughter Ivanka got all those trademarks.

I don't think tariffs - or at least the way they were applied has done anything to help us because followup negotiations have produced little.

I don't think tariffs - or at least the way they were applied has done anything to help us because followup negotiations have produced little.
China placed their bet on their man, joe biden, with a little help from the wuflu

if trump wins another 4 years the chicoms will be forced to deal because the tariffs are hurting them

There's is a huge cultural divide in the U.S.

Back in the early 1900s it was the KKK vs. the mafia. The pro-Prohibition conservatives vs. the pro-alcohol liberals. Liberals and conservatives were in both the Republican party and the Democratic party. Those parties were more management vs. labor.

Somehow WWII united the American people.

But after WWII the conservatives dropped all American values and became dedicated capitalists. The idea was if the USSR was socialist, we had to be the opposite of that which meant we were capitalists.

Then came the generation gap and counter culture of the 1960s. That grew into the liberal social values movement, which is the basis of today's Democratic party. They have lost their position as champions of working Americans.

Meanwhile the capitalists, mobsters and 'cowboys' have joined together to form a new conservative culture based (supposedly) on Conservative social values, but really primarily support the wealthy capitalists. It's the mobster & salesmanship (i.e. capitalist) culture that is responsible for the conservative's willingness to outright lie. They have no integrity and they couldn't care less.

Basically, liberals have been losing since they abandoned working families and became the champions of liberal social values. Conservatives have been winning since they became champions of conservative social values. - mixed with mobster and 'cowboy' culture.

I don't see anyway of reconciling this divide, other than on a very personal basis, liberals have to convince 'Conservatives' that they are being complete assholes and are full of shit on just about every subject. This fight has to take place in every family and at every dinner table.
So your plan is to throw tantrums?
No, my plan is for the sane, intelligent people to make it cleat to the supporters of President Shit-for-Brains that they are idiots and assholes and that we've had enough of their BULLSHIT.
seems like you just threw a tantrum.....

Seems like you have no intelligent response, so you're trying to taunt me. If you got nothing to say, do us all a favor and don't post anything.

No, my plan is for the sane, intelligent people to make it cleat to the supporters of President Shit-for-Brains
Joe Biden? Go easy on him. He's suffering from dementia. It's not entirely his fault. That being said, he was a raging racist when he was young. Also, a raging alcoholic. Who the fuck votes for a raging racist and alcoholic now suffering from dementia, for president? Some pretty fuck'n stupid people.
that they are idiots and assholes and that we've had enough of their BULLSHIT.
Unfortunately, conservatives are peaceful, law abiding citizens. But good God I would love to see them assault everyone wearing Biden/Harris apparel, burn down cities, and loot everything not nailed down for the next 4 years, just like the left-wing assholes did for the past 4 years. Would be so great to give those mother-fuckers a taste of their own medicine.

Sadly, it won't happen though. Conservatives have too much class (plus they hold jobs). In some ways, it must be really nice to be piece of shit welfare queen.

People with 'Class' don't lie constantly, deny reality, grossly exaggerate or propagate fake news. Nor do they come to peaceful demonstrations armed with clubs and guns to intimidate their opponents.

They don't run over young women with cars, gun down people in the middle of church services, and they don't walk down the street shooting people like conservatives do

Republicans really need to stop clutching conspiracy theories and focus on winning the Georgia runoffs.

Forum List

Back