Ever been pissed off at the DMV?

Up here a visit to the Motor Vehicle Branch can be one of life's most frustrating experiences. If you're trying to get something done during lunch break it can make you want to smack someone. Never drove me quite this crazy tho.

Lucky she didn't get shot.
And why didn't any of the bystanders offer to help the officer?

I guess it just depends on the state you're in.

The DMV here isn't bad. They have it down here.

You walk in, you can either check in at the kiosk or walk up to a counter. They give you a number according to what you're doing. Then you take a seat. When your number is called you go to the numbered counter that you've been assigned to. There are something like 15 counters all with very nice people waiting to help you.

It doesn't take all day, no one is going nuts. You go in, do your business and leave.

I guess my blue state cares enough to make sure everything goes smoothly and people can get back to what they were doing without spending all day waiting at the DMV.

At one point part of my job was to look after registration and insurance for the company vehicles and equipment, the job had been catch as catch can for a few years so making some sense out of the cycle was a chore and I found the MVB less than helpful. I've always been pretty demanding vis a vis production and efficiency so it was good exercise in patience and anger management. You piss them off and it's amazing just slow the wheels can turn.

Up here a visit to the Motor Vehicle Branch can be one of life's most frustrating experiences. If you're trying to get something done during lunch break it can make you want to smack someone. Never drove me quite this crazy tho.

You walk in, you can either check in at the kiosk or walk up to a counter. They give you a number according to what you're doing. Then you take a seat. When your number is called you go to the numbered counter that you've been assigned to. There are something like 15 counters all with very nice people waiting to help you.

It doesn't take all day, no one is going nuts. You go in, do your business and leave.

I guess my blue state cares enough to make sure everything goes smoothly and people can get back to what they were doing without spending all day waiting at the DMV.

At one point part of my job was to look after registration and insurance for the company vehicles and equipment, the job had been catch as catch can for a few years so making some sense out of the cycle was a chore and I found the MVB less than helpful. I've always been pretty demanding vis a vis production and efficiency so it was good exercise in patience and anger management. You piss them off and it's amazing just slow the wheels can turn.

I think you still need more AM classes.

The DMV is never an enjoyable experience but can you imagine working there? Having to deal with lunatics of all sorts on a regular basis?

Your absolutely right and it goes for the whole service industry from my observations...I've seen quite a few customers say in the coffee shop I frequent that probably have been wearing hot coffee if I was behind the counter. And if you've never taken public transport it's amazing what bus drivers have to put up with on an hourly basis. After a while though you know when they're responsibly doing their job and when they're just putting in time till next break.

I think you still need more AM classes.

Oh I'm a lot calmer now that I'm retired...I think. Maybe you're right but I did start meditation a few months ago.
image048.gif

My beefs all stem from the medical community.....I know its the holidays, but damit, I'm sooooo fed up with cancellations....my deductibles start all over next year...I want to be seen now!!

Here in Michigan they've recently made a visit to the Sect. of State's office (our DMV) a hell of a lot easier, virtually eliminating waiting for folks with functioning brains.

You can alert them you're coming via text and that puts you in "line" before you're even there. The lineup is shown on TV monitors by the person's last 4 phone number digits. They announce the next number and which counter number you should head to, and they text the info also. If you're not there yet you text back and they recycle you. I've been in and out of the place in 5 minutes since they started this, whereas in the past it was always a hassle.

Forum List

Back