Every Third Child In Gaza Stunted by Hunger

It was reported that in August 2008, Israel was still allowing in very few goods

In January 2009, after the first phase of the Gaza War, Israel said it would allow in some humanitarian aid, but will continue its economic blockade in order to weaken the power of Hamas.

In June 2009, on the second anniversary of the blockade, 38 United Nations and non-governmental humanitarian organisations issued a joint press release calling for "free and uninhibited access for all humanitarian assistance in accordance with the international agreements and in accordance with universally recognised international human rights and humanitarian law standards

As of July 2009, Israel said it is making the humanitarian relief efforts in Gaza one of its top priorities.[58] The amount of goods Israel allows into Gaza is one quarter of the pre- blockade flow.

(All linked above)

they are allowed to receive food... just not arms.

you don't know much, do you?

Um....you might want to check that. Aid has quite often been blocked, particularly when the Israeli action in Gaza was at its peak.

no. YOU might want to chceck that. nothing is keeping the billions given to the pals away from them.

israeli action in the gaza.

lol.. yeah, how dare they keep people from blowing up their children.

you have zero knowledge of fact... just a lot of whinging about poor pals....

they could have had peace when arafat was alive and they were offered about 98% of what they asked for.

but they don't want peace. and israelis aren't going to lay down and die for terrorists and their idiotic supporters

Great post.

It was reported that in August 2008, Israel was still allowing in very few goods

In January 2009, after the first phase of the Gaza War, Israel said it would allow in some humanitarian aid, but will continue its economic blockade in order to weaken the power of Hamas.

In June 2009, on the second anniversary of the blockade, 38 United Nations and non-governmental humanitarian organisations issued a joint press release calling for "free and uninhibited access for all humanitarian assistance in accordance with the international agreements and in accordance with universally recognised international human rights and humanitarian law standards

As of July 2009, Israel said it is making the humanitarian relief efforts in Gaza one of its top priorities.[58] The amount of goods Israel allows into Gaza is one quarter of the pre- blockade flow.

(All linked above)

Israel is our ally, dipshit.

If you support terrorists and the PLO - I suggest you fucking enlist.

they are allowed to receive food... just not arms.

you don't know much, do you?

Um....you might want to check that. Aid has quite often been blocked, particularly when the Israeli action in Gaza was at its peak.

There is also the issue of the import of products used to make and produce basic foodstuffs...items such as flour and sugar, fertilizer and sprays. Both categories have been regularly blocked, particularly during 2008-09.

A little quote from the BBC web site to illustrate that your posting is a lie:

Aid agencies operating in Gaza say they have largely been able to continue to transport basic supplies such as flour and cooking oil into the territory.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7545636.stm

(All linked above)

I see that now you are retreating from your earlier lie that Israel is blockading food from entering into Gaza.

It is disturbing reading through this thread, how few comments address the fact that children are dying of malnutrition.

I don't care whose kids they are, and I don't care if they are Jewish, Muslim, black or white - given the wealth we have on this planet, it is completely unacceptable that any child should die of malnutrition.

It's a failure for all of us, for all peoples and governments.

It really disturbs me how cheaply people on this thread seem to hold those lives.

I guess a lot of you don't have kids.
I read about the observers in Gaza, the massive aid from the US, UN and all the relief organizations. Doctors Without Borders, all the do-gooders, the IRC. Hell. we could even add the NBA,PGA and NFL. And kids are "stunted with hunger?" With all the aid and comfort the Palis get, this just makes my heart bleed purple piss. Get real.
P.S. - As I stated in an earlier post, all that "stunting" could be the result of the rampant in-breeding. Ever think of that?

give me a break.

You have never had even half a toe in my country, so you cannot pretend or THINK you know how we live here. Yes, we have issues, but we lead normal lives.

Tel Aviv is one of the 4th most popular city for tourism, in both Africa and MidEast area, it's the New York of the east, and surely feels like it.

War Zone. Pfft.

Absolutely, and bravo, Lipush!!!

Tel Aviv feels very like New York - it's so multi-cultural, such an amazing range of people and languages and places. So mch art, so much culture....it's an amazing centre for tourism. I walk around Tel Aviv and never feel any sense of danger. It's not like being in East Jersualem, where you can sometimes feel threatened.

People who have never been to Israel have no idea at all what it is like there.

That's very true.

I like very much being in Tel Aviv, even that for me I never get the homey feeling I get when i'm in the south. The desert is more my thing:D. But indeed Tel Aviv is a whole different world, those who havn't been there cannot know anything. If is almost funny that since all people see on the news is terror and war and fire and death, people think we live in area that is all about that. That's not true at all.

But when I say it, it's suddenly ME who has no idea? :eusa_eh:

Arte -

No, I stand by my original comments.

I was in Israel when these events took place, and they were reported in Israeli newspapers at the time.

Aid convoys have been blocked from time to time, and the flow of basic commodities into Gaza has also been disrupted quite frequently, as the comments posted above indicate.

give me a break.

You have never had even half a toe in my country, so you cannot pretend or THINK you know how we live here. Yes, we have issues, but we lead normal lives.

Tel Aviv is one of the 4th most popular city for tourism, in both Africa and MidEast area, it's the New York of the east, and surely feels like it.

War Zone. Pfft.

Absolutely, and bravo, Lipush!!!

Tel Aviv feels very like New York - it's so multi-cultural, such an amazing range of people and languages and places. So mch art, so much culture....it's an amazing centre for tourism. I walk around Tel Aviv and never feel any sense of danger. It's not like being in East Jersualem, where you can sometimes feel threatened.

People who have never been to Israel have no idea at all what it is like there.

That's very true.

I like very much being in Tel Aviv, even that for me I never get the homey feeling I get when i'm in the south. The desert is more my thing:D. But indeed Tel Aviv is a whole different world, those who havn't been there cannot know anything. If is almost funny that since all people see on the news is terror and war and fire and death, people think we live in area that is all about that. That's not true at all.

But when I say it, it's suddenly ME who has no idea? :eusa_eh:

I've been to Haifa.
Fantastic place.
Beautiful women.
Very much like America.

absolutely, and bravo, lipush!!!

Tel aviv feels very like new york - it's so multi-cultural, such an amazing range of people and languages and places. So mch art, so much culture....it's an amazing centre for tourism. I walk around tel aviv and never feel any sense of danger. It's not like being in east jersualem, where you can sometimes feel threatened.

People who have never been to israel have no idea at all what it is like there.

that's very true.

I like very much being in tel aviv, even that for me i never get the homey feeling i get when i'm in the south. The desert is more my thing:d. But indeed tel aviv is a whole different world, those who havn't been there cannot know anything. If is almost funny that since all people see on the news is terror and war and fire and death, people think we live in area that is all about that. That's not true at all.

But when i say it, it's suddenly me who has no idea? :eusa_eh:

i've been to haifa.
Fantastic place.
Beautiful women.
Very much like america.

:tongue:

Arte -

No, I stand by my original comments.

I was in Israel when these events took place, and they were reported in Israeli newspapers at the time.

Aid convoys have been blocked from time to time, and the flow of basic commodities into Gaza has also been disrupted quite frequently, as the comments posted above indicate.

Again you are deliberately confusing issues. We are talking about food here and about wether yes or no Israel has blockaded Gaza to prevent essential food getting in. And the answer to that is no.

You are simply lying here.

I support human life - Jewish, Muslim and American.

Why do you support terrorists (Pals), assbrain ?

I don't.

Jesus, man, I used to live 1500 metres from the Lebanese border and 6 kms from Syria.

There was a blown up Syrian tank on our football field as a reminder of 1973. I endured three missile attacks while I lived there.

Why would I support terror?

What I support is the right of Palestinians to an independent state. I think this is best for Israel long term, and best for Palestinians too.

Forum List

Back