Everyone making less then 25,000 per year

Couple of things. First, well kind of hard to work you way through college when tuition is so high. Perhaps you can blame those student loans for that. Of course, like damn near everything else these days, calling them "student" loans was NEWSPEAK. They were created and intended for the parents, the wealthy parents that had saved for college. The "student" loan allowed them to borrow the money for school and invest the money they had saved, hopefully at a better return than the student loan and especially with the government subsidizing the interest. Then, again like damn near everything else, it got out of hand. Now it has evolved into a massive wealth extraction system even including special garnishment rights that no other debt contains.

Your argument kind of reminds me of a certain ancient ass old Republican congresswoman in the neighboring district. Heard her moan the same question, why can't those students work their way through college. She did it. Worked in the summer and paid her tuition. Clueless bitch, her tuition, in the 1960's, was a whomping one hundred dollars. I went to the same school in the 80's, total cost, around seven grand a year, total cost. Today, two sons in the same state university system, twenty five grand a year total cost PER STUDENT. Which brings me to the second thing.

It can be done. I am mighty proud to say that the oldest one has been soloing it for the last two years. On is own accord, not because I couldn't help. But he has had to borrow a little bit, he has gotten some merit scholarships, and he has one of the best internship in the industry. The point is that it is damn hard to do and might near impossible to do it without borrowing money.
never heard of going to college part time ?

Yeah. About the only way to complete graduate work. But not a big fan of it at the undergraduate level.
doesn't mater at any level
besides since more than 40% of college freshmen do not graduate it's ridiculous to have financial aid pay for the first 2 years of college.
It should be that the first 2 years have to be paid for by the student then financial aid is for the people who make it to junior year

that way 40% of funding is not wasted
What is ridiculous is the cost. You liberals really need to practice what you preach.
LOL no one here would call me a liberal you twit
Lol

No doubt.

I get that once in awhile. Just laugh, point & move on

Lower tuition won't matter if people can't get approved for loans. What part of that don't you understand?

Goddamn whatever happened to working your way through college, you know getting a job. Or parents working a job and saving up for their kids college. When did it become my goddamn responsibility to work overtime and have to work until I'm 70 years old to retire because I had to pay to put other peoples kids through college?

If you choose to have kids they are YOUR financial responsibility not mine. If you come begging me for a tuition hand out you had better be working 2 jobs and trying to make it on your own first.

Couple of things. First, well kind of hard to work you way through college when tuition is so high. Perhaps you can blame those student loans for that. Of course, like damn near everything else these days, calling them "student" loans was NEWSPEAK. They were created and intended for the parents, the wealthy parents that had saved for college. The "student" loan allowed them to borrow the money for school and invest the money they had saved, hopefully at a better return than the student loan and especially with the government subsidizing the interest. Then, again like damn near everything else, it got out of hand. Now it has evolved into a massive wealth extraction system even including special garnishment rights that no other debt contains.

Your argument kind of reminds me of a certain ancient ass old Republican congresswoman in the neighboring district. Heard her moan the same question, why can't those students work their way through college. She did it. Worked in the summer and paid her tuition. Clueless bitch, her tuition, in the 1960's, was a whomping one hundred dollars. I went to the same school in the 80's, total cost, around seven grand a year, total cost. Today, two sons in the same state university system, twenty five grand a year total cost PER STUDENT. Which brings me to the second thing.

It can be done. I am mighty proud to say that the oldest one has been soloing it for the last two years. On is own accord, not because I couldn't help. But he has had to borrow a little bit, he has gotten some merit scholarships, and he has one of the best internships in the industry. The point is that it is damn hard to do and might near impossible to do without borrowing money.

And yet, we never hold universities accountable for their exponential increases in tuition and admininstration pay. Why is that? Why do we give them a pass and just look the other way?
why should we?
It's not anyone's business what a private school charges for tuition

WRONG, it is when I'm expected to pay off the student's loans when they default.
that has nothing to do with universities and everything to do with government programs
the government should not be in the business of guaranteeing any loans

Yeah. About the only way to complete graduate work. But not a big fan of it at the undergraduate level.
besides since more than 40% of college freshmen do not graduate it's ridiculous to have financial aid pay for the first 2 years of college.
It should be that the first 2 years have to be paid for by the student then financial aid is for the people who make it to junior year

What is ridiculous is the cost. You liberals really need to practice what you preach.
Lol

No doubt.

Maybe I have higher standards than you guys.

I just did.
and you're a twit

Everyone making less then 25,000 per year should get $300 per month in food stamps and be allowed to take skill based classes at their local community college backed by the tax payers. Skill based is computer, business, or any classes that help them get a better job to boost their income upwards.

This is the right thing to do....

Time to start helping people instead of hurting them.

It's time people start helping themselves instead of demanding all their miserable lives that someone else do it for them.
I think you should go read Geraldine Belinda.

Lol

No doubt.

Maybe I have higher standards than you guys.
His opinion may differ from yours or mine but his posting history speaks for itself.

Goddamn whatever happened to working your way through college, you know getting a job. Or parents working a job and saving up for their kids college. When did it become my goddamn responsibility to work overtime and have to work until I'm 70 years old to retire because I had to pay to put other peoples kids through college?

If you choose to have kids they are YOUR financial responsibility not mine. If you come begging me for a tuition hand out you had better be working 2 jobs and trying to make it on your own first.

It can be done. I am mighty proud to say that the oldest one has been soloing it for the last two years. On is own accord, not because I couldn't help. But he has had to borrow a little bit, he has gotten some merit scholarships, and he has one of the best internships in the industry. The point is that it is damn hard to do and might near impossible to do without borrowing money.

And yet, we never hold universities accountable for their exponential increases in tuition and admininstration pay. Why is that? Why do we give them a pass and just look the other way?
why should we?

WRONG, it is when I'm expected to pay off the student's loans when they default.
that has nothing to do with universities and everything to do with government programs
the government should not be in the business of guaranteeing any loans

Yes its a form of government corruption. When enrollments drop off a cliff because students can't get the tuition loans universities will stop price gouging students and lower tuition.

why should we?

Private schools can charge whatever they want. Im referring to public universities ie university of texas, montana, idaho, alabama etc.

Agreed. Though we do need to stop flooding private universities with public money

I agree with that also. If private schools want to charge exorbitant prices then do it without taxpayer money. What amazes me is that everyone just goes along with rising tuition costs and says nothing about it and then bitches and complains about having to pay off a student loan for twenty years without ever looking at the university/admininstration and their relationship with the govt institutions that are allowing this to happen.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Everyone making less then 25,000 per year should get $300 per month in food stamps and be allowed to take skill based classes at their local community college backed by the tax payers. Skill based is computer, business, or any classes that help them get a better job to boost their income upwards.

Does that include kids too? Can I get me some money for spitting out a few kids?

Absolutely. Everyone should. Rich people. Poor people. Everyone in between.

I mean I know we are getting ahead of ourselves. I mean first we need things like universal healthcare, a progressive tax system at the state and local level instead of a regressive one, and a world class education infrastructure equally available to all. But yeah, in some civilized and enlightened societies that is exactly what happens. The government sends every family a check each and every month for each and every kid in the house. Shit, the kid gets to like fourteen he can move out and take his check with him. These same countries rank among the happiest societies, the healthiest societies, with the least poverty and the least inequity of any nations in the world. Yet they also rank among the most innovative, with high average incomes and a high level of investment.

The PROBLEM is what colleges are doing with OUR money. They are indoctrinating our young people with liberal garbage. I think they should be teaching REAL full curriculum history, and RRR, THEN they should teach manners, duty, respect and honor, Things liberals have removed from the education system in order to push their corrupt agenda on the people of this country. I will gladly pay extra tax for an education system that teaches, but I will not pay a cent for an indoctrination center.

The bottom line is I'm sick of subsidizing the Democratic party campaigns with my tax dollars funneled via student loan defaults.

Did you know there is over $1 trillion dollars of outstanding student loan debt on the books? Isn't it time the government stops maxing out credit cards in our name and sticking us with the bill?

It's time people start helping themselves instead of demanding all their miserable lives that someone else do it for them.

All I have to do is listen to what you bleeding hearts say and get the same excuses.

How about reading the Constitution and showing me where the responsibility to provide what the OP says should be provided by those that aren't the parents kids.

If a parent won't do for his own, that tells me his own isn't a good investment for me.

I just did.
and you're a twit
You already called me that. You are repeating yourself.

why should we?

:wtf:

Where did she say "private universities?"
So private universities are not included in all universities?

did she specifically say public universities?

When I read her post, it was flagrantly obvious to me that she was referring to public universities. I guess the obvious is more elusive to you.

And her saying "universities" gives you no justification to change that to "private universities"

I can agree with the OP, with one caveat. If you take this deal, you have a 5 year limit for food stamps and educational assistance.

And as for what sort of classes, skip the computer or business classes. The chances of that helping them is slim to none.

Give them training in a trade. Teach them skills such as plumbing, welding, laying brick, splicing fiber optics, or any one of a dozen vocational training classes that will give them a real job and a future.

yeah we used to have that

it has called "shop" in junior and high school

No you didn't go to a technical high school

what the hell are you talking about

why should we?

Private schools can charge whatever they want. Im referring to public universities ie university of texas, montana, idaho, alabama etc.

Agreed. Though we do need to stop flooding private universities with public money

I agree with that also. If private schools want to charge exorbitant prices then do it without taxpayer money. What amazes me is that everyone just goes along with rising tuition costs and says nothing about it and then bitches and complains about having to pay off a student loan for twenty years without ever looking at the university/admininstration and their relationship with the govt institutions that are allowing this to happen.

Yep. The skyrocketing education costs are clearly directly driven by the endless flow of free government money removing accountability in public and private universities to control costs. The liberal solution ... as always ... the problem is we need MORE money!

Does that include kids too? Can I get me some money for spitting out a few kids?

Absolutely. Everyone should. Rich people. Poor people. Everyone in between.

I mean I know we are getting ahead of ourselves. I mean first we need things like universal healthcare, a progressive tax system at the state and local level instead of a regressive one, and a world class education infrastructure equally available to all. But yeah, in some civilized and enlightened societies that is exactly what happens. The government sends every family a check each and every month for each and every kid in the house. Shit, the kid gets to like fourteen he can move out and take his check with him. These same countries rank among the happiest societies, the healthiest societies, with the least poverty and the least inequity of any nations in the world. Yet they also rank among the most innovative, with high average incomes and a high level of investment.
The pasture always looks greener on the other side of the fence, especially socialist's pastures.

All I have to do is listen to what you bleeding hearts say and get the same excuses.

How about reading the Constitution and showing me where the responsibility to provide what the OP says should be provided by those that aren't the parents kids.

If a parent won't do for his own, that tells me his own isn't a good investment for me.
I repeat, go read Geraldine Belinda, about holding onto your quarter so hard that you lose it.

It can be done. I am mighty proud to say that the oldest one has been soloing it for the last two years. On is own accord, not because I couldn't help. But he has had to borrow a little bit, he has gotten some merit scholarships, and he has one of the best internship in the industry. The point is that it is damn hard to do and might near impossible to do it without borrowing money.

I've posed a similar situation to those pushing "free" college. I asked what about those to which the "investment" is provided that don't finish and the money is wasted. The response I've received is to the affect of all your personal investments don't work out do they. To which I reply, the difference is if I make a personal investment and lose, it was my choice.

The fallacy in your argument is that those that don't finish don't benefit from the experience.

I repeat, go read Geraldine Belinda, about holding onto your quarter so hard that you lose it.

I repeat, I've already read the same bullshit in your posts. No need to read the same excuses as to why it's someone that has no responsibility for that person to do for that person what his/her own parents won't do.

There isn't but one situation where I have a mandated responsibility for kids. That would be those that are mine. In simple terms, if I didn't get the pussy they came out of, they aren't my responsibility. I you want to take it own, go for it with your money.

Forum List

Back