CDZ Everyone needs to get exposed to Covid-19

EXCEPT for tiny minority of the population who are at serious risk of death and should remain quarantined. The REST of the population needs to get exposed to this virus in order to develop "herd immunity." (Overwhelming our health system is no longer a threat.)

Otherwise this bogeyman will paralyze our economy until a vaccine becomes widely available. What say you?
I think its stupid to go the herd immunity route. Not much is known about this virus. We dont know if it will mutate or not. Why kills hundreds of thousands to gain herd immunity only to go through it again when or if it mutates?

I think almost 100% exposure probably already happened.
I told you before to stop trying the think. Everytime you do you sound just like another idiot.

Theres no way 100% exposure has already happened if people are still catching it.

1588569426092.png

How do you know people are still catching it? Have they been tested every day? Every week? Every month? If not then you don't know when they contracted it.

*****SMILE*****

:)

EXCEPT for tiny minority of the population who are at serious risk of death and should remain quarantined. The REST of the population needs to get exposed to this virus in order to develop "herd immunity." (Overwhelming our health system is no longer a threat.)

Otherwise this bogeyman will paralyze our economy until a vaccine becomes widely available. What say you?
I think its stupid to go the herd immunity route. Not much is known about this virus. We dont know if it will mutate or not. Why kills hundreds of thousands to gain herd immunity only to go through it again when or if it mutates?
1588569675491.png

Then you should stay inside and ensure your home becomes a sterilized environment for your own safety.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Staying covered & out in public as little as possible, no I don't want the virus but more concerned about the possibility of passing it to my family & friends. time will tell what was the smartest move.

The POINT is that we can't keep the economy shut down until EVERYTHING is known about this virus (which may be never). What we do know is that it is deadly for about .1% of the population, and we know who is most susceptible. Those people should quarantine, but the other 99% should be allowed to live their lives without government permission.

Also, I said that the rest of the population needs to get EXPOSED to the virus, not necessarily infected by it. That is the only way we will know the true extent of danger from this virus.

I think almost 100% exposure probably already happened.
Well we are all entitled to our opinions- but I would prefer we have enough testing to provide an accurate measurement- in other words I prefer a scientific approach rather than a 'gut' approach.

Except that’s not “the plan”. So far we have a little over 1 million confirmed cases. Today with the lockdown we have 25,000 new cases a day. With a population of people 328 million, to get 55% of the population infected it would take nearly 19 years. The “experts” are saying we can’t lift quarantine restrictions until we reach that “herd immunity”. Science and math aren’t driving their decisions, this is a power grab and they won’t let it go.
What 'experts' are saying that?

As I mentioned in an earlier post, neither the White House or the State of California even mention 'herd immunity' in the plans to roll back the social distancing orders.

I find it amusing when someone says that the scientific and medical 'experts' are not basing their decisions on science- when those like the OP are totally ignoring science and math.

The POINT is that we can't keep the economy shut down until EVERYTHING is known about this virus (which may be never). What we do know is that it is deadly for about .1% of the population, and we know who is most susceptible. Those people should quarantine, but the other 99% should be allowed to live their lives without government permission.

Also, I said that the rest of the population needs to get EXPOSED to the virus, not necessarily infected by it. That is the only way we will know the true extent of danger from this virus.
As I have mentioned multiple times in this thread, no one other than yourself is saying that the economy must be shut down until everything is known about this virus- that is really just a straw man on your part.
This is yet another thread where you tout numbers- without providing any citation- are you making up the numbers? Are you citing from Johns Hopkins? Or from Inforwars? We just don't know.

But tell me how you envision exposing the entire population of the United States(other than that .1% of the population you claim should be hidden away)- without infecting them? The only way I know of to do that is with a vaccine.

Not sure why the OP is not responding to any responses to his OP. He is just responding to himself.

it's going to run it's course until 60-70% of people have had it, or are vaccinated against it, its transmission rate falls below 1 and it burns itself off.

To do that on its own will take about 2 years, right about the timeframe we're likely to see a vaccine.

So say epidemiologists. And they've been saying that from Day 1.

We can slow it to prevent hospitals from being buried and we can take measures to try to protect those at risk. Beyond that we're pissing in the wind thinking we're going to somehow stop it. Not happening.

Isn't that exactly what a vaccine is?

The problem is a vaccine can be up to a year or two out at worst, 6 months to year out at best. and that's just for development.

The only other real option is for people most likely to suffer lesser symptoms to catch it, recover, and start breaking the infection chain.

it's going to run it's course until 60-70% of people have had it, or are vaccinated against it, its transmission rate falls below 1 and it burns itself off.

To do that on its own will take about 2 years, right about the timeframe we're likely to see a vaccine.

We can slow it to prevent hospitals from being buried and we can take measures to try to protect those at risk. Beyond that we're pissing in the wind thinking we're going to somehow stop it. Not happening.

It will probably be quicker in more populated areas. The key is to isolate the at risk populations as effectively as possible and let it run it's course, unless they can distribute a vaccine by the end of the year.

And i mean widespread distribution, i.e. head to your Wal-Mart Pharmacy and wait and hour for it distribution, not just government distribution.

It will probably be quicker in more populated areas. The key is to isolate the at risk populations as effectively as possible and let it run it's course, unless they can distribute a vaccine by the end of the year.

And i mean widespread distribution, i.e. head to your Wal-Mart Pharmacy and wait and hour for it distribution, not just government distribution.

You're right. In more densely populated areas it will spread faster, and they will reach their peaks, start falling off in terms of rate of increase, then overall increase and reach herd immunity faster as well. More infected people = less targets = reduced rate of transmission.

I had it, so did my wife and kid. I had a fever with sweats one day started and ended in an hour, next day my stomach hurt for a few hours and the next day I lost my taste, my wife lost her hearing

80 percent of the USA already had this and did not even know it

Yes. I don't want to see the case numbers drop in summer. Keep them nice and steady and we'll be naturally immunized against a recurrence.

We need innumerable masks gowns gloves and mainly testing and spending some money on this. We are going to have a second wave just to shut up idiotic Republicans.... Just what happens when Rupert Murdoch is running the country. Poor America

Forum List

Back