Zone1 Everyone should pray the rosary... says the Virgin Mary (in so many words)

forkintheroad7

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2024
in 1917 in Portugal, the virgin Mary appeared to 3 peasant children and at some point in her numerous appearances, told them to pray the rosary for sinners on their way to Hell, and to also offer up their sufferings for that cause.

Do we really think she was only talking to those 3 children?

She appeared to children because children listen. Children are teachable. Adults... not so much.

In any case, our world is in a shambles morally and every other kind of way because people do not pray the rosary.

Cast your anti-Catholic stones if you will, but I know about praying the rosary and most people here do not..

Last edited:
in 1917 in Portugal, the virgin Mary appeared to 3 peasant children and at some point in her numerous appearances, told them to pray the rosary for sinners on their way to Hell, and to also offer up their sufferings for that cause.

She appeared to children because children listen. Children are teachable. Adults... not so much.

In any case, our world is in a shambles morally and every other kind of way because people do not pray the rosary.

Cast your anti-Catholic stones if you will, but I know about praying the rosary and most people here do not..

I average three to five full rosaries a day and a single decade here and there.

St. Padre Pio carried a rosary in his habit and was said to pray up to fifty rosaries a day.

I average three to five full rosaries a day and a single decade here and there.

St. Padre Pio carried a rosary in his habit and was said to pray up to fifty rosaries a day.

50?

wow... I am way behind.

I probably need to ditch the forums and try to catch up with him!

Procrustybrains will be very happy if I do that.. along with rightdinger and others..

They're getting tired of all those cat pics anyway! LOL

1717976470693.jpeg

I cannot at this time recommend American Magazine, as I am not familiar w/ them.. I'm careful about what I read and don't want to be held accountable in any way for anything they say that may not be orthodox Catholicism..

I am a lifelong Roman Catholic and I've never really "got" the Rosary. I do it on occasion, but repeating the same prayer fifty times makes no sense to me. Even other prayers should be said ONCE, with feeling and full appreciation. The more often you repeat something the less it means. That's just human nature.

I am a lifelong Roman Catholic and I've never really "got" the Rosary. I do it on occasion, but repeating the same prayer fifty times makes no sense to me. Even other prayers should be said ONCE, with feeling and full appreciation. The more often you repeat something the less it means. That's just human nature.

I did notice something interesting yesterday, as we all prayed the Rosary before Mass. I became acutely aware of how we were all synching our breathing together as we prayed, and remembered how the Holy Spirit is often associated with a breath.

Something to be said about synching ones rhythms to those of a group of people. Women do it with their cycles, without even trying.

I hear you. At Medjugorje, Mary is still recommending praying the rosary. The rosary is meant to be a background calming mechanism while meditating on the the Gospels and the life of Christ. Sometimes, instead of the traditional mysteries of the rosary, I will do five parables, five Beatitudes, five miracles, etc. Her recommendations extend from praying four hours a day, to one rosary, to praying all the mysteries of the rosary, to simply praying the Creed with the Seven-Seven-Seven (7 Our Fathers, 7 Hail Mary's, 7 Glory Be's). Remember, the repetition is merely the background or frame of your own meditations/contemplation). I think all of this may be a way to lead us into deeper, more frequent prayer (Mary recommends four hours a day!) While I am nowhere near praying four hours a day, the power of the rosary is such that it reminds at the times throughout the day to draw on kindness, gentleness, and holiness especially when feeling exasperated by those minor irritations.

Just pray. No beads necessary.
True. I often don't have a rosary with me, but that never prevents one from praying the rosary--just like not having a Bible present never prevents one from reflecting on scripture.

I pray every day that God will bless my efforts to make the world a better place. I guess you could call that repetitive as well.

Forum List

Back