Everything fun and good is now white supremacist it seems

Keep in mind that the leftists who write these articles voted for this guy:

View attachment 743055
I'm probably going to get blasted for saying this, but 'that guy' was a TERRIBLE governor with policies and points of view I can't see how any decent person could condone. But the fact is, minstrel shows existed and in and of themselves were relatively harmless though sometimes offensive in the way yhey made fun of black people. And they also opened the door to the performing arts for many black people to their great advantage. The Ku Klux Klan existed (still does) and most of their purpose and doctrine is indefensible. And to dress up in that way I just think funny, even clever. It isn't condoning anything or approving anything. It is just funny to see a black person and a Klansman in full regala attending a party together. I cannot see the harm or offense or wrong in that.

It's like one Halloween we went to a restaurant for lunch. The four white waitresses were all in black face and the one black waiter was in white face. Everyone was having a wonderful time. Where's the harm? What is the offense?

As my point in the OP was intended to suggest, I long to return to a time when people could just have fun poking innocent good natured fun at each other and/or having fun without being offensive.

Last edited:
I'm probably going to get blasted for saying this, but 'that guy' was a TERRIBLE governor with policies and points of view I can't see how any decent person could condone. But the fact is, minstrel shows existed and in and of themselves were relatively harmless. The Ku Klux Klan existed (still does) and most of their purpose and doctrine is indefensible. And to dress up in that way I just think funny, even clever. It isn't condoning anything or approving anything. It is just funny to see a black person and a Klansman in full regala attending a party together. I cannot see the harm or offense or wrong in that.

It's like one Halloween we went to a restaurant for lunch. The four white waitresses were all in black face and the one black waiter was in white face. Everyone was having a wonderful time. Where's the harm? What is the offense?

As my point in the OP was intended to suggest, I long to return to a time when people could just have fun poking innocent good natured fun at each other and/or having fun without being offensive.
You long for a time when racist statements could just be brushed off as joking around so you wont be called out for your racism.

You long for a time when racist statements could just be brushed off as joking around so you wont be called out for your racism.
Which means a time when self righteous and dishonest twits like you did not virtue signla over every word

Yes people were more mature with a sense of humor

you are a childish racist

Not being offensive, avoiding conflict, and trying to find the silver lining ...
Is exactly how they shout you down, pigeonhole your ideas, and make your ideology obsolete.

I mean you are great and great fun ... But that's not what they want from you ...
Compliance at all costs is what they want.

Which means a time when self righteous and dishonest twits like you did not virtue signla over every word

Yes people were more mature with a sense of humor

you are a childish racist
We know you're upset about being called out for being a racist.

I'm probably going to get blasted for saying this, but 'that guy' was a TERRIBLE governor with policies and points of view I can't see how any decent person could condone. But the fact is, minstrel shows existed and in and of themselves were relatively harmless. The Ku Klux Klan existed (still does) and most of their purpose and doctrine is indefensible. And to dress up in that way I just think funny, even clever. It isn't condoning anything or approving anything. It is just funny to see a black person and a Klansman in full regala attending a party together. I cannot see the harm or offense or wrong in that.

The guy next to Northam is also white, he's wearing blackface.

DemoKKKrats in Virginia elected that piece of shit 3 times.

The guy next to Northam is also white, he's wearing blackface.

DemoKKKrats in Virginia elected that piece of shit 3 times.
I know. I do not condone their policy, initiatives, actions when governing. I just don't see the harm in dressing up like that for a costume party or whatever. All my years growing up and that of my kids, dress up as somebody you aren't was considered harmless fun. So yes, kids and grown ups dressed up as cowboys and Indians, gangsters and cops, Barack Obama, Ronald Reagan, Martin Luther King, Amelia Earhart or whatever. Dressing up as Genghis Khan or Bonnie and Clyde was never interpreted that we approved of or admired them, but only that they existed and it was fun to pretend for a few hours.

Forum List

Back