Everything You Wanted to Know about the Republican Convention

We know George W. Bush isn't invited.

First, why wouldn't he be? Former presidents are usually at their parties convention. Carter and Clinton frequently attend Democrat conventions.

Second, what does it have to do with the topic at hand?

First, why wouldn't he be? Former presidents are usually at their parties convention. Carter and Clinton frequently attend Democrat conventions.

Was he invited to the last two?

Come on, Republicans don't want to remind people of the GOP disaster under Bush. He was like Midas, only everything he touched turned to shit.

I can't get people on the USMB to name a single successful GOP policy for the last 30 years that helped a majority of Americans.

State of Confusion?

not at all... yes, i'm a hillary fan and i think she's been unfairly maligned over the years.

much like her, i'm more conservative than the average liberal...

i'm also a fan of reforming the Republican party and restoring the integrity of their platform for the sake of our country.

pandering to earnest pro-life evangelicals is one thing, but championing this tyrannical rhetoric is utterly repulsive.

Charlie Baker takes the right stand on Trump - The Boston Globe

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/28/us/politics/donald-trump-republican-party.html

"if no candidate wins a majority of delegates during the first round—which they wouldn’t in this scenario—many of those delegates would then be unbound and allowed to vote however they want during the second round. Even more would become free agents in the rounds that followed, until eventually we’re looking at a free-for-all that would make the Republican debates look like ordered affairs."
1:
if no candidate wins a majority of delegates during the first round
for example. trump won florida.but florida ..... can give all delegate to cruz or kasich ?

"if no candidate wins a majority of delegates during the first round—which they wouldn’t in this scenario—many of those delegates would then be unbound and allowed to vote however they want during the second round. Even more would become free agents in the rounds that followed, until eventually we’re looking at a free-for-all that would make the Republican debates look like ordered affairs."
1:
if no candidate wins a majority of delegates during the first round
for example. trump won florida.but florida ..... can give all delegate to cruz or kasich ?
Let the Hunger Games begin!

If the Republican nomination ends up at a brokered convention, the convention chairman will have a tremendous amount of power. He can tilt the playing field any way he chooses by deciding on the timing between ballots.

It could get ugly.

The chairman of the convention is...(drum roll)...

...Paul Ryan.

Was he invited to the last two?

Come on, Republicans don't want to remind people of the GOP disaster under Bush. He was like Midas, only everything he touched turned to shit.

I can't get people on the USMB to name a single successful GOP policy for the last 30 years that helped a majority of Americans.

We stopped responding to your question the first thousand times you ignored the answers

John Kasich has a message for members of the Republican Party unnerved over the prospect of a brokered convention: Chill!

Kasich on a brokered convention: ‘Everybody chill!’

“I don’t think anybody is going to get there with the delegates that they need to win,” the Ohio governor said on CBS’s “Face the Nation” on Sunday. “So, let’s just everybody chill out.”

Kasich, with 143 delegates, trails GOP frontrunner Donald Trump (678) and Texas Sen. Ted Cruz (423) in the race for the 1,237 delegates needed to secure the Republican nomination. Florida Sen. Marco Rubio — who suspended his campaign after losing the primary in his home state — has 169.

If no one reaches the 1,237-delegate figure, the nominee will be determined in July during the Republican National Convention in Cleveland.

“We will go into Cleveland with momentum, and then the delegates are going to consider two things,” Kasich said. “No. 1, who can win in the fall — and I’m the only one that can, that’s what the polls indicate — and number two, a really crazy consideration, like, who could actually be president of the United States.”

“The delegates will take everything seriously,” Kasich said on CNN’s “State of the Union.”

Last edited:
RNC Chairman Reince Priebus says
GOP is preparing for possible brokered convention

RNC chair says GOP prepping for possible brokered convention

RNC Chairman Reince Priebus admitted Sunday that his party could be headed toward a contested or brokered convention and wouldn’t commit to Donald Trump being the nominee even if he entered the July event with the most delegates.

“I think it’s possible,” the GOP boss said on ABC’s “This Week” when asked if he felt a brokered convention could happen. “We’re preparing for the possibility.”

“History would show ... when someone’s a little bit short, you let the process play out,” he said during a separate appearance on CNN’s “State of the Union,” suggesting that it could mean nothing for Trump to enter the convention the delegate leader but short of the 1,237 necessary to secure the nomination.

Priebus also wouldn’t shut the door on the possibility that the Republican Party could ultimately rally around a candidate who is not currently on the ballot.

UNPRECENDENTED 2016 REPUBLICAN PRIMARY COULD CONCLUDE WITH HISTORIC, CHAOTIC BROKERED CONVENTION

“I think it would be somewhat, very unusual,” he said on ABC when asked if the nominee would be one of the three remaining candidates in the race. “But I can’t 100% guarantee that.”

Under GOP rules, the party, in the event of a brokered convention, could feasibly end up choosing a nominee who wasn’t a formal candidate.

mon dieu the RNC delegates are now being threatened. :cuckoo:

Donald Trump’s ally Roger Stone threatened to reveal the hotel locations of delegates who steal the nomination from Trump at a contested convention.

“We’re going to have protests, demonstrations. We will disclose the hotels and the room numbers of those delegates who are directly involved in the steal,” Stone stated in a radio interview.

“If you’re from Pennsylvania, we’ll tell you who the culprits are,” Stone threatened. “We urge you to visit their hotel and find them. You have a right to discuss this, if you voted in the Pennsylvania primary, for example, and your votes are being disallowed.”

Roger Stone Plans to Disclose Delegates' Hotel Room Numbers: 'We Urge You to Visit' - Breitbart

:rolleyes:

bikers-for-Trump.png

Donald Trump’s Hells Angels Want to Kick Protester Ass

if i had to pick from the 3 republican candidates, i'd prefer kasich to be our president.

Why all of this consternation when the outcome is clear? Trump will fail to get to 1237, and delegates will back the "anybody but Trump" movement. There's no way in HELL the RNC will allow Trump to be the nominee. He'd lose the general so badly he'll make Mc Cain look like a Rock Star. I'm speaking from facts, not opinion. No candidate could possibly win with only 20% support of women, not to mention only 37% of Republicans and a tiny percentage of minorities. Trump is toxic and the GOP will do everything in their power to ensure he is not the nominee. People backing this guy aren't looking at the facts.
GOP Convention: Open Bar, Concealed Carry. Let the fun begin!

Forum List

Back