Evolution v. Creationism

Look at the periodic table. See C? Yeah, there are several elements lighter than it.

MOST OF THEM MAKE BONDS THAT "MIMIC" A NOBLE GAS...THAT'S WHAT AN OCTET IS.

That literally MEANS NOTHING! LOL.

What do you mean "saturating all their tendencies"????

I work as a chemist. Please stop. You're killing me. LOL.
First you were a geologist now you are a chemist who doesn't understand the importance of oxygen, nitrogen and carbon being the only elements which regularly form double and triple bonds with one another?

So as a world renowned chemist what other elements besides oxygen, carbon and nitrogen can life be based upon.

My mistake ... this is something we shouldn't do ... not sure the China example fits ... the extra children weren't killed, just the parents fined and/or imprisoned ... and the Catholic Church is heavily suppressed there, so vasectomy/tubal ligation and all manner of birth control ...

China is more like a puppy mill than an honest breeder ... and so they had to stop ... or they'd be like India today ...
The parents would abort the girls because boys were more valuable to them. Apparently girls didn't make the grade.

First you were a geologist now you are a chemist

How many times did I tell you I was an ORGANIC GEOCHEMIST???

Wow.

who doesn't understand the importance of oxygen, nitrogen and carbon being the only elements which regularly form double and triple bonds with one another?

Well, O doesn't form triple bonds.

But again, I already discussed sp hybridization in Carbon. So clearly I know all about this. (The fact that you don't understand what sp hybridization is is telling).

Do you REALLY define life based on triple and double bonds???? That's novel. Never heard of that.

You DO realize that there are a LOT OF REALLY STABLE THINGS on earth that don't contain any double or triple bonds, right?

How many times did I tell you I was an ORGANIC GEOCHEMIST???

Wow.

Well, O doesn't form triple bonds.

But again, I already discussed sp hybridization in Carbon. So clearly I know all about this. (The fact that you don't understand what sp hybridization is is telling).

Do you REALLY define life based on triple and double bonds???? That's novel. Never heard of that.

You DO realize that there are a LOT OF REALLY STABLE THINGS on earth that don't contain any double or triple bonds, right?
How long are you going to argue with George Wald?

How long are you going to argue with George Wald?

I'm not arguing with Wald. You aren't Wald.

If you don't understand what an octet is then you don't even understand what Wald did to get his Nobel.

I'm still waiting for you to answer the following questions:

1. What is "Mind stuff" you keep talking about?
2. Define "life" so we might actually discuss this.

Um, I'm pretty sure no one can debunk a theory. It's a theory!

You can ALWAYS debunk a theory. But it is HIGHLY UNLIKELY you would be able to do so. It became a theory precisely because it proved to be so accurate and its findings so repeatably found that it made it to the "theory" level.

But everything can be debunked. Just not likely to be for this.

The Bible is neither of these things. Allegory and fable do not purport themselves to be true or literal.

The Bible is mythology. NOT fable or allegory.

Not everything in the Bible claims itself to be literal truth. And indeed many of the stories are allegorical.

The supernatural claims of the Bible can be accurately characterized as mythology but the Bible can and does contain some incredibly beautiful allegory and metaphor.

The ToE at its root is an attack on creation, thus the creator.
Utter nonsense. It doesn't concern itself with iron age mythology anymore than any other field of science.

You have the same choice with evolution as you do any other robust, true scientific theory:

You can embarrass yourself and deny it, or you can point at it and say "God did that!"

Just like you do with electromagnetic theory, or star formation.

The problem here is yours.

The parents would abort the girls because boys were more valuable to them. Apparently girls didn't make the grade.

That's the old Chinese pension system ... boys don't even move out of their father's house ... ever ... if a couple has a girl, she'll have to move in with her in-laws and help her husband ... currently 117.7 boys per 100 girls ... sadly, the old pension system is still in collapse ... sucks to be there ...

But what do you expect from a godless society? ...

That's the old Chinese pension system ... boys don't even move out of their father's house ... ever ... if a couple has a girl, she'll have to move in with her in-laws and help her husband ... currently 117.7 boys per 100 girls ... sadly, the old pension system is still in collapse ... sucks to be there ...

Suicide bombers, persecution of gays, denial of robust scientific theories, sectarian violence, child marriage...

Oh wait, those are godFUL societies. Nevermind.

Last edited:
I'm not arguing with Wald. You aren't Wald.

If you don't understand what an octet is then you don't even understand what Wald did to get his Nobel.
I believe he won the Nobel prize in medicine. You absolutely are arguing with Wald. That's where I got my belief from that life throughout the universe is based on hydrogen, oxygen, carbon and nitrogen. You even read it.

That you can't understand why double and triple bonds are important for living things is beyond me. Strong bonds equals stable bonds. It's kind of a requirement for living things.

Is that the ratio for ages under 25? Or the whole population?

What is "Mind stuff" you keep talking about?
What is it that you didn't understand from my statement that "rather than being a late outgrowth of the evolution of space and time mind has always existed as the source or matrix of physical reality?"

Forum List

Back