Ex-KKK Leader Running as Republican for Office in Georgia

He's an EX member of the Triple K, so it makes sense. If he was still in the group, he would be running as a Democrat.
Actually, most kkk members are registered Republicans. Its been like that since the GOP took over the south, following the passage of the civil rights act, the the GOP opposing it going into the 1964 election.

He still supports the KKKand is listed as a donor. He onl stepped down because he new membship in a group that is still technically considered a terrorist organization would hurt him.

A former KKK leader is running for office.

As a republican of course.

safe_image-Th.gif

Your point being?

pelosi-kamala-waters-riots-blm-protest%20%281%29-L.jpg

A political statement by the right that's been waited for and was expected. Now everybody should watch to see how his popularity goes.

And it's an opportunity for members on this forum to condemn him or be supportive
Why?

Actually, most kkk members are registered Republicans.
People keep saying that.

No one ever gets around to proving it. Y'all just take it as an article of faith, don't you?

The Ku Klux Klan has not existed, in any meaningful form, since the late 1980s at the latest.

All that exists now, are a scattering of small, unconnected groups, claiming come connection or another to the KKK, and going by variants of that name.

They are nothing.

And even if it was true that every single member of every one of these groups was registered as a Republican, their numbers would be nothing compared to the number of registered Republicans.

For all intents and purposes, the only existence that the KKK has had for the last thirty or forty years has been as an ephemeral bogyman, that the Democraps created, and by which the Democraps now use to try to smear their opponents by false association.

Dumbfuck, more Democrats voted for it than against it. More Democrats voted for it than Republicans voted for it. Democrats made changes to the bill to attract Republicans to vote for it.

Again, it was a regional split, not a political party split. Democrats/Republicans in Union states voted for it. Democrats/Republicans in Confederate states voted against it.
Republican%20Civil%20Rights%20Accomplishments-L.jpg

Life%20long%20Democrats-S.jpg

'Nuff said.

Actually, most kkk members are registered Republicans. Its been like that since the GOP took over the south, following the passage of the civil rights act, the the GOP opposing it going into the 1964 election.

He still supports the KKKand is listed as a donor. He onl stepped down because he new membship in a group that is still technically considered a terrorist organization would hurt him.
Provide a link proving your claim.

Republican%20Civil%20Rights%20Accomplishments-L.jpg

Life%20long%20Democrats-S.jpg

'Nuff said.
LOLOL

No one actually argued that Republicans weren't the champions of civil rights for blacks prior to the '60s. Please try harder to pay attention.

And nothing you posted refuted anything I posted.

Byrd called joining the KKK "the greatest mistake I ever made."[7] In 1997, he told an interviewer he would encourage young people to become involved in politics but also warned, "Be sure you avoid the Ku Klux Klan. Don't get that albatross around your neck. Once you've made that mistake, you inhibit your operations in the political arena."[35] In his last autobiography, Byrd explained that he was a KKK member because he "was sorely afflicted with tunnel vision—a jejune and immature outlook—seeing only what I wanted to see because I thought the Klan could provide an outlet for my talents and ambitions."[36] Byrd also said in 2005, "I know now I was wrong. Intolerance had no place in America. I apologized a thousand times ... and I don't mind apologizing over and over again. I can't erase what happened."[15]
He regretted it because it hurt his political career. That is exactly what he said. That's not condemning the KKK, nor is it an apology.

I don't give a shit WTF the NAACP says. I'm going off his exact words you posted, Dumbass.
You are free to take what you will from the situation. I'm just pointing out your efforts to denigrate Byrd are kinda silly. Crazy right wingers like you will continue to try to use Byrd to cause contention, while those you want to convince don't care what you spout.

You are free to take what you will from the situation. I'm just pointing out your efforts to denigrate Byrd are kinda silly. Crazy right wingers like you will continue to try to use Byrd to cause contention, while those you want to convince don't care what you spout.
Who said I'm trying to convince you of anything? You are a dimtard drone incapable of original thought.

I'll let the NAACP tell you what to think, I'll think for myself.

People keep saying that.

No one ever gets around to proving it. Y'all just take it as an article of faith, don't you?
Well, it is rather well known and denying it is rather silly. You could claim the sky is purple instead of blue as well and it would be equally pointless. It is simply a fact that almost all of the KKK members will be republicans if they are in any party at all. Of course, the left devoutly ignores any racists on its side as well and they certainly are there. The New Black Panthers is one such group where virtually every member is going to be a democrat if they are in any party at all. The fringe racists do not represent either party at all. They are going to belong to one party or the other, that is just a reality.

The real problem is the democrat's open support for violent racist groups active today rather than the dregs of racist groups in the past. Support by major party players for an openly racist group like BLM even in the middle of them violently burning down cities and literally taking over parts of cities. Not that they are ever going to admit what is as clear as the color of the sky either.

Forum List

Back