Excellent video and explanation of what a Natural Born Citizen is--Cruz may be in trouble.

It's great news that people are waking up to this. Nobody knows who Cruz really is. Scary stuff.

Well if her contention is correct then our current oval office holder is not qualified to be there. He didn't have 2 citizen parents.
Wrong.

Both Cruz and the president are natural born citizens:

'While the field of candidates for the next presidential election is still taking shape, at least one potential candidate, Senator Ted Cruz, was born in a Canadian hospital to a U.S. citizen mother. Despite the happenstance of a birth across the border, there is no question that Senator Cruz has been a citizen from birth and is thus a “natural born Citizen” within the meaning of the Constitution. Indeed, because his father had also been resident in the United States, Senator Cruz would have been a “natural born Citizen” even under the Naturalization Act of 1790.'

On the Meaning of “Natural Born Citizen”

There are two types of American citizens: natural born and those who are foreign born and become citizens by undergoing naturalization proceedings; the former include Cruz, John McCain, and the president – again, all natural born citizens.

Right now even Cruz's Senate eligibility is being challenged because he didn't renounce his Canadian citizenship until May of 2014.
Ted Cruz Is In The U.S. Senate Illegally? — NALC

Doesn't matter, there is nothing in the Constitution or US law that excludes dual citizens as long as the child received their US citizenship through a citizen parent. Cruz could have had 2 US citizen parents and still been considered a Canadian citizen because they have birthright citizenship just like the US. He actually had no legal obligation to denounce it at all.

Well I don't know, but like I said there is one HUGE chicken that is coming home to roost on this one. And it's not going to be good for Ted Cruz or Marco Rubio.

Well they would have to void the maobama elections also and that ain't gonna happen, the precedent has been set.

It's great news that people are waking up to this. Nobody knows who Cruz really is. Scary stuff.

Well if her contention is correct then our current oval office holder is not qualified to be there. He didn't have 2 citizen parents.
Wrong.

Both Cruz and the president are natural born citizens:

'While the field of candidates for the next presidential election is still taking shape, at least one potential candidate, Senator Ted Cruz, was born in a Canadian hospital to a U.S. citizen mother. Despite the happenstance of a birth across the border, there is no question that Senator Cruz has been a citizen from birth and is thus a “natural born Citizen” within the meaning of the Constitution. Indeed, because his father had also been resident in the United States, Senator Cruz would have been a “natural born Citizen” even under the Naturalization Act of 1790.'

On the Meaning of “Natural Born Citizen”

There are two types of American citizens: natural born and those who are foreign born and become citizens by undergoing naturalization proceedings; the former include Cruz, John McCain, and the president – again, all natural born citizens.

It simply doesn't matter to these morons that you're right since the law pretty clearly makes Cruz and Obama natural born citizens.

I saw a few days ago that the question behind Ted Cruz's situation is whether at the time of his birth, had his mother become a Canadian citizen? As far as my opinion goes, I still believe in innocent until proven guilty and so just as I haven't lost any sleep regarding Obama's eligibility, and don't feel any differently about giving benefit of doubt to Cruz.

Forum List

Back