Executive orders are for the birds

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
Trump is set to sign an EO that cuts back on funding the UN. I LOVE the idea
Trump froze federal workers. I LOVE it.
I just don't love EOs.. Maybe for naming parks and shit. He is changing shit up, I like it.. but like kaz said, another swipe of the pen and POOF.
Do shit right. Fucking negotiate like you said you would.

But why negotiate when signing a big piece of paper and then showing it to the cameras like he's reading a book to a child makes for much better TV?

I think many of these are undoing Obama eos.

Now for the UN funding I'll need more info.

I just don't love EOs.. Maybe for naming parks and shit. He is changing shit up, I like it.. but like kaz said, another swipe of the pen and POOF.
I agree 100%.

Congress needs to pass a law & get Trump to sign it that limits this shit to superfluous nonsense and enforcement of current law.

Wait until Thanksgiving and he doesn't pardon a turkey...

Feathers will fly. The turkey, not so much.

I agree 100%.

Congress needs to pass a law & get Trump to sign it that limits this shit to superfluous nonsense and enforcement of current law.
16195869_572155036327742_9217983980186609824_n.jpg

How do you think he's going to establish a Safe Zone in Syria without the UN?

He froze federal workers, yes, but it will be front line services, like inspecting Perdue chicken for safety and issuing your social security card and approving new cancer drugs for the market that is slowed down. The park rangers who keep it safe for tourists.
If he takes that freeze and uses it to cut 50% of the paperwork and the middle level of management, then puts the front line service folks back to work, he will have done well.

I thought all they had to do was rescind it and that was it? If you read the text of them, that's not what they are. Granted, I have only read a couple. And I know a couple are just him doing what he said he would and they don't go against something Obama signed.
Obviously, at least as far as I know.

I agree 100%.

16195869_572155036327742_9217983980186609824_n.jpg
Ok ok, we can allow some eo's

Let's see, we funding virtually all of the UN, supply a vast number of troops and equipment. How about we just do it ourselves? Blow everything up and leave.

Frankly, you are demonstrating a significant amount of ignorance concerning Executive Orders, particularly given the prolific use of them in the last administration to make law.

You seem to forget that the President is running a large organization - the executive branch of the US Government. It is impossible for him/her to manage all facets of an organizations that large. Therefore, written direction is required in order to ensure that the lower levels understand their direction.

In a company, these are most often called Operating Instructions, Policy Guidelines, or some such other name. They use them to define who can sign checks, the method for managing/authorizing travel, controlling expenses, etc., etc., etc.

The current President has reissued Executive Orders in order to define how he wants the elements of the Executive Branch to conduct business - to do their job, as authorized by Congress. The previous president used EOs to redefine the laws passed by Congress, to implement programs NOT authorized by Congress. In addition, the Obama EOs no longer carry any force, and even if Trump agrees with Obama's implementation/direction, he must sign a new (reissued) EO.

It is no coincidence that the previous administration finished 0-19 when their "EOs" were challenged in court. Nothing done by the current administration even approaches a level necessary for court action (though, I'm sure that won't stop some from trying to sue, anyway). The closest he has come so far is to deny some funding to so-called 'sanctuary cities' (better known as 'war zones').

Not at all.

Legitimate EOs have definite uses.

Executive Orders are what a President is supposed to use to carry out something passed by Congress (and signed into law by the Prez, of course).

Classic example is, Congress passes something saying that a group of Federal buildings on a corner in DC will be painted brown. Obama signs it into law. Obama then issues an Exec Order to solicit three companies for bids on the painting work, issues another order to check the bidding companies' qualifications etc. Obama is issuing Exec Orders pursuant to something Congress passed into law.

No, Obama let this cat out of the bag and we on the Right those on the Left that weren't going to like it.

How do you think he's going to establish a Safe Zone in Syria without the UN?

He froze federal workers, yes, but it will be front line services, like inspecting Perdue chicken for safety and issuing your social security card and approving new cancer drugs for the market that is slowed down. The park rangers who keep it safe for tourists.
If he takes that freeze and uses it to cut 50% of the paperwork and the middle level of management, then puts the front line service folks back to work, he will have done well.
What makes you think you need those losers to do anything successful in Syria?

I thought all they had to do was rescind it and that was it? If you read the text of them, that's not what they are. Granted, I have only read a couple. And I know a couple are just him doing what he said he would and they don't go against something Obama signed.

Yeah I agree if we can get a law we should do.it, but I think many are seeing the tone. Like the wall one, its just getting started info in place, he'll have congress put it in the budget.

I'm all for defunding the UN and don't care how it's done
Just seems like a circle of stupidity. Sign an EO so the next ideologue can reverse it in 10 seconds.. If you get shit done right, you wouldn't have to worry about that.

Negotiate with whom? All of President Trump's executive orders concern issues under the jurisdiction of the executive branch. Obama tried to use executive orders to do end runs around Congress, but President Trump is not doing that.

Yeah I agree if we can get a law we should do.it, but I think many are seeing the tone. Like the wall one, its just getting started info in place, he'll have congress put it in the budget.

Laws tell you WHAT - EOs tell you HOW.

Forum List

Back