Executive orders are for the birds

I think many of these are undoing Obama eos.

Now for the UN funding I'll need more info.
I thought all they had to do was rescind it and that was it? If you read the text of them, that's not what they are. Granted, I have only read a couple. And I know a couple are just him doing what he said he would and they don't go against something Obama signed.
Obviously, at least as far as I know.

Yeah I agree if we can get a law we should do.it, but I think many are seeing the tone. Like the wall one, its just getting started info in place, he'll have congress put it in the budget.

And raise our taxes sky high. Funny how the RWNJs were all saying the US is broke but trumpery is already spending in the trillions.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Really already? On what?

Reducing payments to the UN and the workforce are saving money, not spending.

Trump is set to sign an EO that cuts back on funding the UN. I LOVE the idea
Trump froze federal workers. I LOVE it.
I just don't love EOs.. Maybe for naming parks and shit. He is changing shit up, I like it.. but like kaz said, another swipe of the pen and POOF.
Do shit right. Fucking negotiate like you said you would.
are any of those making law?

No to EO's making law. otherwise the pen in hand gets things done.

I just don't love EOs.. Maybe for naming parks and shit. He is changing shit up, I like it.. but like kaz said, another swipe of the pen and POOF.

and can easily be reversed.
You would think you guys would WANT this shit to be set-in-stone so the next nut job in office wont undo them.
I know I do..

I thought all they had to do was rescind it and that was it? If you read the text of them, that's not what they are. Granted, I have only read a couple. And I know a couple are just him doing what he said he would and they don't go against something Obama signed.
No they have to be undone with an EO. See that is the complication of an EO for a law.

No they have to be undone with an EO. See that is the complication of an EO for a law.
Rescinding is an EO..

You would think you guys would WANT this shit to be set-in-stone so the next nut job in office wont undo them.
I know I do..
undoing obummers shit can't be undone again. The UN shit is something that will be negotiated at a later date.

I know I do..
undoing obummers shit can't be undone again. The UN shit is something that will be negotiated at a later date.
I hope so! Fuck the UN

If he keeps it up at this rate, he is set to issue more of them than the last three presidents COMBINED.
There is no truth to the rumor that this is the liberal who also observed that the temperature outside was 40 degrees at 6:00AM, and was 70 degrees at noon, and he concluded, "If it keeps up at this rate, we'll all burn to death by the end of the month!" :rolleyes-41:

Touche'

Well put good sir.

if your man hadn't run his pen out of ink, Trump wouldn't have to...

As of today, President Obama has issued 292 executive orders, fewer actually than Bush or Clinton. While observers of executive action point to executive orders, these are not the source of most major decrees. Instead, unilateral memoranda, agency guidance and other dark matter dominate.

Presidential Memoranda:

Presidential memoranda may or may not be published in the Federal Register. It can be tricky to count them. President Obama issued 255 memoranda to date according to the Federal Register, with two days left. That easily outpaces George W. Bush's 131, and swamps Bill Clinton's 14. Our table nearby depicts the Federal Register count as well as the Obama White House press office roundup.
Obama's Legacy: Here's A Raft Of Executive Actions Trump May Target

King TrumpleThinSkin knows rulers don't have to negotiate. You think his heroes- Pooting, Kim - negotiate?

His little Show and Tell is just adorable. Also love that someone tells him what it is and points to where he should sign.

He's in hog heaven, throwing that big belly around and to hell with real world consequences. Perfect for the RWNJ traitors.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

King TrumpleThinSkin knows rulers don't have to negotiate. You think his heroes- Pooting, Kim - negotiate?
His little Show and Tell is just adorable. Also love that someone tells him what it is and points to where he should sign.
He's in hog heaven, throwing that big belly around and to hell with real world consequences. Perfect for the RWNJ traitors.
When liberals get royally clobbered in elections, they often start ranting hysterically like this. :itsok:

It's happening a lot nowadays.

Frankly, you are demonstrating a significant amount of ignorance concerning Executive Orders, particularly given the prolific use of them in the last administration to make law.

You seem to forget that the President is running a large organization - the executive branch of the US Government. It is impossible for him/her to manage all facets of an organizations that large. Therefore, written direction is required in order to ensure that the lower levels understand their direction.

In a company, these are most often called Operating Instructions, Policy Guidelines, or some such other name. They use them to define who can sign checks, the method for managing/authorizing travel, controlling expenses, etc., etc., etc.

The current President has reissued Executive Orders in order to define how he wants the elements of the Executive Branch to conduct business - to do their job, as authorized by Congress. The previous president used EOs to redefine the laws passed by Congress, to implement programs NOT authorized by Congress. In addition, the Obama EOs no longer carry any force, and even if Trump agrees with Obama's implementation/direction, he must sign a new (reissued) EO.

It is no coincidence that the previous administration finished 0-19 when their "EOs" were challenged in court. Nothing done by the current administration even approaches a level necessary for court action (though, I'm sure that won't stop some from trying to sue, anyway). The closest he has come so far is to deny some funding to so-called 'sanctuary cities' (better known as 'war zones').
Presidents aren't supposed to have that much power. But thanks for my dose of statism. It gave me wings. <pun intended>
And no, EOs don't have an expiration date.

YES, EOs do have an expiration date. It is the date at which the presidency changes. It is NOT an assigned date, but it is a date of expiration by law.

At the beginning of Bill Clinton's first term, there was a state department worker who was fired for failure to comply with an executive order signed by the previous president (no, I'm not going to look it up). The dismissal was overturned by federal court because the order carried no weight.

Each president has to produce his own EOs. I would estimate Trump has probably already signed 150-200 of them. For example, there are laws that authorize the president to take certain actions during civil emergencies and wars (seizure of communications facilities, martial law, control of highways, etc.) But, in order to implement those laws, the CURRENT president must tell the executive branch offices how to implement those laws. BUT - if they are not signed by the current president, they do not carry the weight of law.

If the new president agrees with everything the previous president signed (wow, is that ever a remote possibility), he can issue a blanket EO that states that those policies will remain in force. What USUALLY happens is that, at a much lower level, a cover-all letter is done for specific programs.

The important thing to remember is that executive orders are policy implementation and procedural in nature. Obama violated that by effectively "creating law" by authorizing actions he had not been assigned by Congress.

As for your comment about "presidents aren't supposed to have that much power" regarding sanctuary cities - that's exactly why presidents have power. He has full authority to impose the law, as long as he operates within the intent of the law.

His problem isn't that he doesn't have the power, his problem is that he has to be selective about how that power is applied. For example, he can't cut off all educational funding to sanctuary cities (it has no application to education) but he CAN decrease educational funding by some amount because it is being used to support illegal immigrants. (A simple example - if a city has 25% of its students that are illegal immigrants, he could defund 25% of the educational grants).

He can, however, completely remove ALL federal funding related to law enforcement, since the city is not complying with the requirements to receive that money.

It isn't a simple process, but if he operates within the law, he most certainly has that power.

Frankly, you are demonstrating a significant amount of ignorance concerning Executive Orders, particularly given the prolific use of them in the last administration to make law.

You seem to forget that the President is running a large organization - the executive branch of the US Government. It is impossible for him/her to manage all facets of an organizations that large. Therefore, written direction is required in order to ensure that the lower levels understand their direction.

In a company, these are most often called Operating Instructions, Policy Guidelines, or some such other name. They use them to define who can sign checks, the method for managing/authorizing travel, controlling expenses, etc., etc., etc.

The current President has reissued Executive Orders in order to define how he wants the elements of the Executive Branch to conduct business - to do their job, as authorized by Congress. The previous president used EOs to redefine the laws passed by Congress, to implement programs NOT authorized by Congress. In addition, the Obama EOs no longer carry any force, and even if Trump agrees with Obama's implementation/direction, he must sign a new (reissued) EO.

It is no coincidence that the previous administration finished 0-19 when their "EOs" were challenged in court. Nothing done by the current administration even approaches a level necessary for court action (though, I'm sure that won't stop some from trying to sue, anyway). The closest he has come so far is to deny some funding to so-called 'sanctuary cities' (better known as 'war zones').
Presidents aren't supposed to have that much power. But thanks for my dose of statism. It gave me wings. <pun intended>

Yes, as a matter of fact, they do have an expiration date.
If they write it in. They aren't born with expiration dates.

The point is simple - when the presidency changes hand, they cease to have the force of law. They are worthless.

Yes, as a matter of fact, they do have an expiration date.
If they write it in. They aren't born with expiration dates.

The point is simple - when the presidency changes hand, they cease to have the force of law. They are worthless.
Dude, I don't know where you are coming up with this shit, but I have never heard of it.
I guess Trump saying he was going to undo obamas bullshit was just ignorance? Lol...
EOs only have an expiration date if the language expresses it.

Without Trump using Obamas pen, it would take 20 years to undo the damage he did.....

Forum List

Back