Zone1 Explaining Jesus to a Jew

Here's a question -- do you read the Jewish scriptures in Hebrew? If not, then you are relying on "propagandists" to explain it to you in a language you ostensibly know.

- only what is heavenly that is universally known ... as - the spoken religion of antiquity.

Oh right, because every translation is “wrong”? Our language cannot adequately convey the message from original Hebrew or Aramaic? And you know this how? Because you are a self appointed world class translator?
Translations are ALWAYS "wrong" more or less. Do you know any languages other than
English? If you were familiar with at least some of the Hebrew and aramaic literature---
you would have a better understanding of the NT-----I am hopeless in Greek. It is likely
that Constantine's testament was originally written in Greek----but by legend it was derived
from some hebrew &/or aramaic writings that MYSTERIOUSLY disappeared

Suradie does a thumbs down----because she cannot admit that the
malignant stuff is taught in Saudi Arabia-----kinda funny----she is
very faithful to the CAUSE. She even denies that "JEW" had ever been
mentioned in her church or school ---but she is very well read in English
literature (roflmao)

You've never been out of the US and most people don't talk about Jews at all.

You've never been out of the US and most people don't talk about Jews at all.
Did I suggest that all people talk about JOOOOS? -----nope---it is mostly muslims
and christians who are OBSESSED with jews. I have never been OUT OF THE UNITED
STATES? -----should I burn my passport? In any case----it is not necessary to leave
the USA to find out what sort of crap Saudis learn about jews----SAUDIS CAME TO ME.
For a person EDUCATED in a fancy wancy private school and who therefore imagines
she read classical english literature-----YOU MISSED LOTS. I will agree that I can recall
NO MENTION of jews in the ancient Greek plays------of which you imagine
yourself an expert

Did I suggest that all people talk about JOOOOS? -----nope---it is mostly muslims
and christians who are OBSESSED with jews. I have never been OUT OF THE UNITED
STATES? -----should I burn my passport? In any case----it is not necessary to leave
the USA to find out what sort of crap Saudis learn about jews----SAUDIS CAME TO ME.
For a person EDUCATED in a fancy wancy private school and who therefore imagines
she read classical english literature-----YOU MISSED LOTS. I will agree that I can recall
NO MENTION of jews in the ancient Greek plays------of which you imagine
yourself an expert

Most Muslims don't care about Jews or Israel either. You're a legend in your own mind.

- since when is heavenly - dependent on a translation from a dead language ....

you know perfectly well no religion would ever be dependent on a language any more than being hereditary - idolatry ...
wrong, breezie baby. Even dreams are dependent on language as is THOUGHT. Language
involves your whole neocortex, uhm, unless you are a BIRDbrain

Most Muslims don't care about Jews or Israel either. You're a legend in your own mind.
you have not been around nor is ANYONE all that likely to speak candidly to you.
It is true that most muslims never read the koran---but most have some
familiarity with the contents thereof. Have you spent any time in mosques?

wrong, breezie baby. Even dreams are dependent on language as is THOUGHT. Language
involves your whole neocortex, uhm, unless you are a BIRDbrain

the spoken heavenly religion of antiquity is six words in length - the triumph of good vs evil - to attain judgment and remission to the everlasting ... if completed.

in fact that religion can be and is transferred through visual intercourse among all living beings on planet earth - much less translated into any language.

the spoken heavenly religion of antiquity is six words in length - the triumph of good vs evil - to attain judgment and remission to the everlasting ... if completed.

in fact that religion can be and is transferred through visual intercourse among all living beings on planet earth - much less translated into any language.
"visual intercourse" ???? is that how humans contract CLAP?

Oh right, because every translation is “wrong”? Our language cannot adequately convey the message from original Hebrew or Aramaic? And you know this how? Because you are a self appointed world class translator?
I didn't say it was wrong. It just makes your position as unsupported as any other you attack. You have chosen your own intermediaries and need them to explain the meaning of the text to you. I may not be a "world class" translator, but I know enough of the Hebrew to know when the translator is translating and when he or she is interpreting. Do you? No, no you don't.

So meanwhile, you have ignored the second claim in a row and can't even answer to this question about your position's needing exactly what you criticize in others. You aren't very good at this.

"visual intercourse" ???? is that how humans contract CLAP?

you were never young, before you now think about everything ...

remember one evening, playing kick the can - and doing so without a single thought guided solely by vision for everything that happened, an hour was like one minute - as life is meant to be.

what is love if not transmitted visually - the same for religion.

you were never young, before you now think about everything ...

remember one evening, playing kick the can - and doing so without a single thought guided solely by vision for everything that happened, an hour was like one minute - as life is meant to be.

what is love if not transmitted visually - the same for religion.
I never played KICK THE CAN

you have not been around nor is ANYONE all that likely to speak candidly to you.
It is true that most muslims never read the koran---but most have some
familiarity with the contents thereof. Have you spent any time in mosques?

Of course they speak candidly to me. Why would I go to mosque?

Of course they speak candidly to me. Why would I go to mosque?
You have no way of knowing that they are being candid or not----I have been
in the temples of MANY different religions----you have no sense of curiosity---or is
it that NO ONE INVITED YOU?

I didn't say it was wrong. It just makes your position as unsupported as any other you attack. You have chosen your own intermediaries and need them to explain the meaning of the text to you. I may not be a "world class" translator, but I know enough of the Hebrew to know when the translator is translating and when he or she is interpreting. Do you? No, no you don't.

So meanwhile, you have ignored the second claim in a row and can't even answer to this question about your position's needing exactly what you criticize in others. You aren't very good at this.
Posting links does not prove me wrong. You can’t answer the question so you drop a link and run away.

Posting links does not prove me wrong. You can’t answer the question so you drop a link and run away.
Again, you misunderstand. I wasn't proving you "wrong" any more than I was saying your translations are wrong -- just that, if your critique in post 558 was that people don't study the text, but "only listen to Rabbis that “interpret” the Torah for them," then you are just as guilty of that because you only listen to the translators and don't engage with the base text.

And You are the one who has run away from the material I have presented which proves your claims wrong. If you are too scared to read, then no one will ever be able to help you because you refuse to learn.

Forum List

Back