F**** your thoughts and prayers?

I have not touched any of my principal. A million dollars getting a 5% return provides you with a 50K a year income. I have no debt and am not a spendthrift and I my wife and I can live on less than 50K a year so a million dollars in may case would last forever and would in fact grow over the course of my retirement.

If people were allowed to put what the government takes for Ss into a Roth IRA then they would be far far better off.

That's it! That's the solution. So we all continue to pay into social security. Whoever receives the money we send in should invest in a roth ira for us. Like you said, we'd all be better off. So I love your solution. Yes put the money we send in, into a roth IRA.

"...drive a 4000 lb car at a high rate of speed and kill people."
---------------------------------------------------------------

I thought I had been quite clear on that.
My bad, if I wasn't.

So here it is again: "Guns Are Different"
Hence, 'strict liability' is assumed or levied on the Owner-of-Record.

Guns posses unique defining traits that 4,000lb automobiles do not share in the same critical degree.

To wit: guns inherently have high lethality as their intent; they are easily concealable; they are uniquely portable; they have notable 'ease-of-use'; and, unlike automobiles, they do not have the immensely beneficial role of transportation to so many many sectors of our society.

Guns are different.
And 'strict liability' on the Owner-of-Record would benefit society.

IMHO

---------------------------------------------------------------

I thought I had been quite clear on that.
My bad, if I wasn't.

So here it is again: "Guns Are Different"
Hence, 'strict liability' is assumed or levied on the Owner-of-Record.

Guns posses unique defining traits that 4,000lb automobiles do not share in the same critical degree.

To wit: guns inherently have high lethality as their intent; they are easily concealable; they are uniquely portable; they have notable 'ease-of-use'; and, unlike automobiles, they do not have the immensely beneficial role of transportation to so many many sectors of our society.

Guns are different.
And 'strict liability' on the Owner-of-Record would benefit society.

IMHO
They are not different.

A gun is just a tool and the vast majority of gun owners own and use them responsibly.

Hey Biden, f* yours and Buttigieg's 'thoughts and prayers' for the American citizens in Palestine, Oh whom you have abandoned and refused to give aide.

"They are not different.
A gun is just a tool and the vast majority of gun owners own and use them responsibly."
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, yes...poster Blues Man.....a gun is different than your F-150.
And I really kinda believe that you really kinda do know that.

And yes, I do agree the vast majority of gun owners own and use them responsibly. Check. I am one and I own and use responsibly.

However, that is not the issue.

The issue is the irresponsible gun owners, the careless ones, the negligent ones, the forgetful ones, the busy ones, the mendacious ones.

Hence, "strict liability" is a useful societal step to protect society from all of those who are not like me. Or likely, you.

Guns are different. Hence.....while you own it's benefits, you also own its' harms. If you are the owner-of-record and allow it to be stolen, to be lost.....and that 'tool' is used to shoot the liquor store clerk, well, you are responsible for a share of the liability of that happening.

THAT societal step does not prevent responsible owners from owning and using their 'tool'. But what it does do is layer onto ownership the burden of always ensuring that their tool does not cause harm. But if it does......they are on the hook for part of it.

Now, if you want to sidestep any such liability....then:
1. Don't own a gun;
2. Don't be the 'owner-of-record' of a gun in someone else's possession, either permanently or temporarily;
3. Lock it up so very securely so that theft or loss is minimized.
3. If you sell it or give it away....make sure that there is a valid verifiable paper trail as evidence that you no longer are the 'owner-of-record'.

Responsible gun owners recognize the inherent potential damage a firearm can do when used irresponsibly......hence, they will take the necessary steps to ensure the possibility of it falling into the hands of the irresponsible is minimized.

Perhaps an analogy that will help you understand better is ownership of a highly highly poisonous snake. You enjoy looking at it, you enjoying the care and ownership of it.

But.....if it escapes, well then, it ain't the paperboy who gets bit that is liable. It is the owner-of-record of that lethal snake who is.

How much have you put in? You think enough that you won’t run out? Hahaha hahaha. How much does SS say you deposited?
Run out? First of all, I don't think I will have a long life. I've lived too hard.

IDK I've been putting in for 35 years. In the 90's and 2010's I made a lot. I make a lot now.

Hey, I'll be happy with $2000 a month. That's all I need. $24K a year to pay my bills. Hell my bills are probably $15K.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, yes...poster Blues Man.....a gun is different than your F-150.
And I really kinda believe that you really kinda do know that.

And yes, I do agree the vast majority of gun owners own and use them responsibly. Check. I am one and I own and use responsibly.

However, that is not the issue.

The issue is the irresponsible gun owners, the careless ones, the negligent ones, the forgetful ones, the busy ones, the mendacious ones.

Hence, "strict liability" is a useful societal step to protect society from all of those who are not like me. Or likely, you.

Guns are different. Hence.....while you own it's benefits, you also own its' harms. If you are the owner-of-record and allow it to be stolen, to be lost.....and that 'tool' is used to shoot the liquor store clerk, well, you are responsible for a share of the liability of that happening.

THAT societal step does not prevent responsible owners from owning and using their 'tool'. But what it does do is layer onto ownership the burden of always ensuring that their tool does not cause harm. But if it does......they are on the hook for part of it.

Now, if you want to sidestep any such liability....then:
1. Don't own a gun;
2. Don't be the 'owner-of-record' of a gun in someone else's possession, either permanently or temporarily;
3. Lock it up so very securely so that theft or loss is minimized.
3. If you sell it or give it away....make sure that there is a valid verifiable paper trail as evidence that you no longer are the 'owner-of-record'.

Responsible gun owners recognize the inherent potential damage a firearm can do when used irresponsibly......hence, they will take the necessary steps to ensure the possibility of it falling into the hands of the irresponsible is minimized.

Perhaps an analogy that will help you understand better is ownership of a highly highly poisonous snake. You enjoy looking at it, you enjoying the care and ownership of it.

But.....if it escapes, well then, it ain't the paperboy who gets bit that is liable. It is the owner-of-record of that lethal snake who is.
No it isn't.

I can kill a lot of people with my truck and a snow plow can't I?

And I have absolutely no responsibility for the harm OTHER PEOPLE do with a gun. The only liability I have is for what I and I ALONE do with my guns and in 3 decades of owning guns and having a concealed carry permit in 3 different states I have NEVER once had an accident with a firearm. I have NEVER once harmed anyone. I have NEVER once been negligent with my firearms.

Once again you gun control freaks want to hold INNOCENT people responsible for the acts of CRIMINALS.

Run out? First of all, I don't think I will have a long life. I've lived too hard.

IDK I've been putting in for 35 years. In the 90's and 2010's I made a lot. I make a lot now.

Hey, I'll be happy with $2000 a month. That's all I need. $24K a year to pay my bills. Hell my bills are probably $15K.
Did you put in that much?

the average Social Security retirement benefit in 2023 is an estimated $1,827 a month.

Your Social Security Statement (Statement) is available to view online by opening a my Social Security account. It is useful for people of all ages who want to learn about their future Social Security benefits and current earnings history.

I need to open up an account

Have you invested 40k?
$40K? I have one investment that started off $40K. I remember when it went to $59K I was going to sell it and my brother said no that's a long term investment leave it in. Then Russia. It's 10 great stocks but they need those chips and yada yada.

Now it's $41K. I think when it goes up to $60K I'm going to tell him to sell it. I wanted him to double my money in 5 years this russia thing ruined all that. Or you' blame biden.

Indeed.
Fuck your thoughts and prayers.
While you continue to embrace the murders of 40k people each and every year in worship to your God and it's Church of the NRA I would remind you that in countries around the world with reasonable gun laws the gun murder rate is, relative to the US, negligible.

It ain't god.
It's the guns.

No one ever got shot by a gun that wasn't there.
Are you blaming a gun when someone commits suicide with a car? Pills? Rope?
Fuck you

Forum List

Back