Fast-food workers strike, seeking $15 wage, political muscle

Well I wouldn't go that high, but a min wage increase seems to be the only option that would actually happen. This growing inequality has slowed our economy, something should be done.

Like I said, improve your skills and you wages will improve. I keep hearing things about increasing the minimum wage. I have yet to hear what those getting that increase have to do to earn it other than currently make it. In the real world, wages increase because you offer something of value, take on more responsibility, or improve your skills. In the minimum wage world, the only thing that has to be done to get an increase is be making it.

Again wages are stagnant. If there were more skilled jobs waiting to be filled wages would be going up. Your solution won't work in our current economy. We will just have skilled and underemployed.

Speak for yourself. My pay has more than doubled in the last 10 years.

And you are statistically insignificant in a country of over 300 million.

What I am is just one example of a statistically significant number that have done the same. What I am is someone that has proven it can be done.
There are thousands of people who can prove that you can win the lottery. Doesn't mean it's going to happen to everyone.

Like I said, improve your skills and you wages will improve. I keep hearing things about increasing the minimum wage. I have yet to hear what those getting that increase have to do to earn it other than currently make it. In the real world, wages increase because you offer something of value, take on more responsibility, or improve your skills. In the minimum wage world, the only thing that has to be done to get an increase is be making it.

Again wages are stagnant. If there were more skilled jobs waiting to be filled wages would be going up. Your solution won't work in our current economy. We will just have skilled and underemployed.

What I am is just one example of a statistically significant number that have done the same. What I am is someone that has proven it can be done.
There are thousands of people who can prove that you can win the lottery. Doesn't mean it's going to happen to everyone.

There are thousands of people who think all they should have to do to get a higher wage is demand one yet do nothing to earn it. I've played the lottery for years. Although I've one a few times, nothing real big, I couldn't have won had I not played. The problem is those who do nothing but demand a higher wage yet do nothing to improve what they offer are like those that don't play the lottery, meaning make an effort, yet think they should still win it.

Poverty, Wages Remain Stagnant Despite Economic Recovery

What have those in poverty or who make low wages done to better what they have to offer? What effort have they made other than whine that someone should give them more for nothing?

What have those in poverty or who make low wages done to better what they have to offer? What effort have they made other than whine that someone should give them more for nothing?

Wages are stagnant, what they do won't make much of a difference for most.

You just gave them an excuse to not try and continue to demand something just be handed to them. If they made half as much effort to do better as they did demanding something be given to them, you would be surprised just how much better things would be.

Although you didn't use the exact words, I suspect you consider me one of the lucky ones. To that I say: "I'm a great believer in luck. The harder I work, the more of it I seem to have." - Coleman Cox

You just gave them an excuse to not try and continue to demand something just be handed to them. If they made half as much effort to do better as they did demanding something be given to them, you would be surprised just how much better things would be.

Although you didn't use the exact words, I suspect you consider me one of the lucky ones. To that I say: "I'm a great believer in luck. The harder I work, the more of it I seem to have." - Coleman Cox
With stagnant wages they are most likely to be underemployed if they get skills. You seem to be living in a different economy.

With stagnant wages they are most likely to be underemployed if they get skills. You seem to be living in a different economy.

Most likely? I guess any excuse you can come up with you will.

With what you support, low skilled leeches will get nothing more than another handout.

With what you support, low skilled leeches will get nothing more than another handout.

It's a fact. Wages are stagnant. If there were lots of great skilled jobs waiting to be filled wages would be going up. You seem to live in fantasy land.

It's a fact. Wages are stagnant. If there were lots of great skilled jobs waiting to be filled wages would be going up. You seem to live in fantasy land.

Not if you don't have skilled workers to fill them.

I live in the world where I've done what I said and saw the results of doing it. You live the in the world where you think low skilled workers deserve more than those skills are worth.

I live in the world where I've done what I said and saw the results of doing it. You live the in the world where you think low skilled workers deserve more than those skills are worth.

No if people are looking to hire and they can't fill the position wages go up. You don't seem to understand economics.

No if people are looking to hire and they can't fill the position wages go up. You don't seem to understand economics.

If those looking to be hired don't offer the skills those looking to hire need, wages don't go up.

You're the one that thinks someone offering low skills should simply be handed double what they're making now just because they want it. That proves you don't understand economics.

There hasn't been a good, kick assed strike in this country in decades

It is long overdue. Workers need to start showing some economic muscle if they are going to start getting more of the economic pie

If those looking to be hired don't offer the skills those looking to hire need, wages don't go up.

You're the one that thinks someone offering low skills should simply be handed double what they're making now just because they want it. That proves you don't understand economics.

What is it you think drives up wages then? You really don't understand economics. I suggest you go study.

What is it you think drives up wages then? You really don't understand economics. I suggest you go study.

Wages don't go up if those doing the hiring can't find those qualified to do the job. They don't need to go up if there aren't enough offering what those hiring want in qualifications. If you think wages go up when more jobs that require higher qualifications can't be filled by highly qualified people, you should study.

Wages don't go up if those doing the hiring can't find those qualified to do the job. They don't need to go up if there aren't enough offering what those hiring want in qualifications. If you think wages go up when more jobs that require higher qualifications can't be filled by highly qualified people, you should study.

Yes you clearly know nothing about economics. So you think having lots of qualified applicants makes wages go up?

Yes you clearly know nothing about economics. So you think having lots of qualified applicants makes wages go up?

Wages don't go up if people aren't qualified to do a job to the level the employer wants qualifications. A person may get hired but if they don't offer to the level the one hiring wants, they may still get hired but at a lower wage.

The best way to improve your wages is to offer something worth paying. In your mind, especially with the OP, wages should go up for no reason other than those wanting more demanding more.

Wages don't go up if people aren't qualified to do a job to the level the employer wants qualifications. A person may get hired but if they don't offer to the level the one hiring wants, they may still get hired but at a lower wage.

The best way to improve your wages is to offer something worth paying. In your mind, especially with the OP, wages should go up for no reason other than those wanting more demanding more.

So you don't know anything about supply and demand obviously. Go learn some economics.

So you don't know anything about supply and demand obviously. Go learn some economics.

I know that if someone isn't qualified to do a job, while they may get hired, they won't get as much in salary/wages as someone that is more qualified. You live on what a book says. I live in the real world where things work quite differently.

I know that if someone isn't qualified to do a job, while they may get hired, they won't get as much in salary/wages as someone that is more qualified. You live on what a book says. I live in the real world where things work quite differently.

And you also seem to think lots of qualified applicants raises wages. What is the incentive for an employer to increase wages when they have many qualified applicants?

And you also seem to think lots of qualified applicants raises wages. What is the incentive for an employer to increase wages when they have many qualified applicants?

The incentive is to get the best ones.

Forum List

Back