Fast-food workers strike, seeking $15 wage, political muscle

You need to look at the kind of jobs being offered. Like I said many are underemployed. When a Cnc worker takes a job at Walmart he is still employed and unemployment goes down, but he is underemployed.

You made a general, blanket statement that when jobs are offered, wages go up. When I showed how you contradicted yourself, you backtrack to "the kind of jobs being offered".

Well yes that is important when you bring unemployment into it. You are obviously too dumb to understand.

The part about unemployment was an example to show that jobs are being offered something you said increased wages. Now, you say wages aren't going up despite claiming jobs are being offered.

You would have to show people are being hired in skilled jobs.
No....YOU are charged with the duty of showing proof....

According to Brain's original statement that when jobs are being offered, wages go up, I've already shown something with which he agreed. I said that the Obama administration claims unemployment is going down, a sign jobs are being offered, and Brain agreed. When I asked why, according to his claim that jobs being offered means wages go up, he throws in all sorts of things to make excuses and try to cover his ass.

You made a general, blanket statement that when jobs are offered, wages go up. When I showed how you contradicted yourself, you backtrack to "the kind of jobs being offered".

Well yes that is important when you bring unemployment into it. You are obviously too dumb to understand.

The part about unemployment was an example to show that jobs are being offered something you said increased wages. Now, you say wages aren't going up despite claiming jobs are being offered.

No....YOU are charged with the duty of showing proof....

If they were wages wouldn't be stagnant. Stagnant wages is the proof.

Not according to your original blanket statement that jobs being offered means wages go up. There were no such claims as part of that about anything but A (increased jobs) = B (higher wages).

You need to look at the kind of jobs being offered. Like I said many are underemployed. When a Cnc worker takes a job at Walmart he is still employed and unemployment goes down, but he is underemployed.

Based on your blanket statement that when jobs are offered wages go up, I've already provided all the information I need with my unemployment level example to which you agreed. It's when you contradicted yourself and was called out on it that you start adding to that claim.

No not at all. Walmart employing cheap labor isn't going to help the skilled workers. All along I have said there are not skilled jobs out there waiting to be filled.

CEO compensation, golden handcuffs, etc, is the price a board, elected by its shareholders, is willing to pay for talent. The argument that all boards are composed of brown noses that sit on given board as a result of reciprocity in supporting exorbitant executive compensation is fiction, garbage, pure bull shit. Performance based compensation is and has been adopted by compensation committees, boards, and stockholders for some time. The attempt to equate a burger flipper or even a store manager with the responsibilities and accountability shouldered by a VP,CFO, or CEO is preposterous. The problem is there are those that simply do not have the skills, never applied themselves, and fail to have the desire to strive for more. Minimum wage jobs should serve as a spring board for those that aspire for more, a proving ground, nothing more nothing less. What we see today is a movement toward equating an entry level position with those that make the decisions dictating success or failure. Regardless the consumer will pay the price. FYI, $15.00 per hour minimum wage equates to approximately $19.00 in actual compensation expense for the enterprise.

Based on your blanket statement that when jobs are offered wages go up, I've already provided all the information I need with my unemployment level example to which you agreed. It's when you contradicted yourself and was called out on it that you start adding to that claim.

No not at all. Walmart employing cheap labor isn't going to help the skilled workers. All along I have said there are not skilled jobs out there waiting to be filled.

What you said is that jobs being offered means wages go up. Nothing more, nothing less until you were shown to contradict yourself.

What you said is that jobs being offered means wages go up. Nothing more, nothing less until you were shown to contradict yourself.

Keep showing you have no understanding of ecomomics if you wish.

CEO compensation, golden handcuffs, etc, is the price a board, elected by its shareholders, is willing to pay for talent. The argument that all boards are composed of brown noses that sit on given board as a result of reciprocity in supporting exorbitant executive compensation is fiction, garbage, pure bull shit. Performance based compensation is and has been adopted by compensation committees, boards, and stockholders for some time. The attempt to equate a burger flipper or even a store manager with the responsibilities and accountability shouldered by a VP,CFO, or CEO is preposterous. The problem is there are those that simply do not have the skills, never applied themselves, and fail to have the desire to strive for more. Minimum wage jobs should serve as a spring board for those that aspire for more, a proving ground, nothing more nothing less. What we see today is a movement toward equating an entry level position with those that make the decisions dictating success or failure. Regardless the consumer will pay the price. FYI, $15.00 per hour minimum wage equates to approximately $19.00 in actual compensation expense for the enterprise.

The Highest-Paid CEOs Are The Worst Performers, New Study Says

Keep contradicting yourself. You claim to understand economics then, when called on it, start adding things in.

Keep contradicting yourself. You claim to understand economics then, when called on it, start adding things in.

I'm sorry you are not smart enough to understand.

I understand completely you make a statement then, when proven wrong, try to twist it to cover your dumbass.

I understand completely you make a statement then, when proven wrong, try to twist it to cover your dumbass.

No you simply can't even understand supply and demand. You are quite hopeless. All you have shown is you aren't very smart.

No you simply can't even understand supply and demand. You are quite hopeless. All you have shown is you aren't very smart.

I understand YOU said increased job offerings = increased wages. I understand YOU believe unemployment is down and that is a sign of more jobs being offered. I understand that now YOU says wages are stagnant despite more jobs being offered which YOU said meant higher wages.

All I need to understand is that you don't know. I'm smart enough to recognized an idiot like you that contradicted himself then is too much of a whining pussy boy to admit he has no clue.

I understand YOU said increased job offerings = increased wages. I understand YOU believe unemployment is down and that is a sign of more jobs being offered. I understand that now YOU says wages are stagnant despite more jobs being offered which YOU said meant higher wages.

All I need to understand is that you don't know. I'm smart enough to recognized an idiot like you that contradicted himself then is too much of a whining pussy boy to admit he has no clue.

Like I said from the start, with wages stagnant there are not skilled well paying jobs waiting to be filled. You don't understand that unemployment decreasing doesn't mean they are being filled with skilled jobs. We have many underemployed.

Like I said from the start, with wages stagnant there are not skilled well paying jobs waiting to be filled. You don't understand that unemployment decreasing doesn't mean they are being filled with skilled jobs. We have many underemployed.

You said from the start that more jobs = higher wages period. When I said that the administration says unemployment was down, you agreed. You also agreed that lower unemployment meant more jobs being offered. You said wages are stagnant which contradicts your claim that more jobs = higher wages. Now you backtrack and expect someone to believe anything you say.

You said from the start that more jobs = higher wages period. When I said that the administration says unemployment was down, you agreed. You also agreed that lower unemployment meant more jobs being offered. You said wages are stagnant which contradicts your claim that more jobs = higher wages. Now you backtrack and expect someone to believe anything you say.

I think your obvious stupidy has confused what I have been saying. Go back and read it a few more times.

Again wages are stagnant. If there were more skilled jobs waiting to be filled wages would be going up. Your solution won't work in our current economy. We will just have skilled and underemployed.

Speak for yourself. My pay has more than doubled in the last 10 years.

And you are statistically insignificant in a country of over 300 million.

What I am is just one example of a statistically significant number that have done the same. What I am is someone that has proven it can be done.

Poverty, Wages Remain Stagnant Despite Economic Recovery

What have those in poverty or who make low wages done to better what they have to offer? What effort have they made other than whine that someone should give them more for nothing?
I work two jobs. I support a family that can't support themselves. A sister, mother, and two adult nephews. I pay 1/3 of the bills plus over 1,000 a month on the car. I work every hour I can. This month I bought myself 4 double cheese burgers, 4 or 5 fountain sodas, and a pair of shorts for myself. WTF am I working for. I'm not getting anything out of my effort. I'm putting as much as possible as I can into it. My sister had the nerve to bitch me out for not paying back $700 I borrowed from someone over a year ago. With what money am I supposed to pay him with.

No pizza, no big macs, nothing to make working worth doing or living worth living. And there is nothing I can do to make things better.

Wages don't go up if people aren't qualified to do a job to the level the employer wants qualifications. A person may get hired but if they don't offer to the level the one hiring wants, they may still get hired but at a lower wage.

The best way to improve your wages is to offer something worth paying. In your mind, especially with the OP, wages should go up for no reason other than those wanting more demanding more.

So you don't know anything about supply and demand obviously. Go learn some economics.

I know that if someone isn't qualified to do a job, while they may get hired, they won't get as much in salary/wages as someone that is more qualified. You live on what a book says. I live in the real world where things work quite differently.

And you also seem to think lots of qualified applicants raises wages. What is the incentive for an employer to increase wages when they have many qualified applicants?

The incentive is to get the best ones.

They already have lots of qualified applicants. You raise wages when you have trouble finding qualified applicants. Since wages are now stagnant there are few looking to hire skilled workers.

This is what I have been saying. You are very confused thinking the unemployment rate shows what is happening with skilled jobs.

So you don't know anything about supply and demand obviously. Go learn some economics.

I know that if someone isn't qualified to do a job, while they may get hired, they won't get as much in salary/wages as someone that is more qualified. You live on what a book says. I live in the real world where things work quite differently.

And you also seem to think lots of qualified applicants raises wages. What is the incentive for an employer to increase wages when they have many qualified applicants?

They already have lots of qualified applicants. You raise wages when you have trouble finding qualified applicants. Since wages are now stagnant there are few looking to hire skilled workers.

This is what I have been saying. You are very confused thinking the unemployment rate shows what is happening with skilled jobs.

What you said was that more job offerings = higher wages. I never said anything with the unemployment rate and skilled jobs. I said it indicated more jobs, therefore, wages should be higher according to YOU. Now, you backtrack and try to cover your ass.

Speak for yourself. My pay has more than doubled in the last 10 years.

And you are statistically insignificant in a country of over 300 million.

What I am is just one example of a statistically significant number that have done the same. What I am is someone that has proven it can be done.

Poverty, Wages Remain Stagnant Despite Economic Recovery

What have those in poverty or who make low wages done to better what they have to offer? What effort have they made other than whine that someone should give them more for nothing?
I work two jobs. I support a family that can't support themselves. A sister, mother, and two adult nephews. I pay 1/3 of the bills plus over 1,000 a month on the car. I work every hour I can. This month I bought myself 4 double cheese burgers, 4 or 5 fountain sodas, and a pair of shorts for myself. WTF am I working for. I'm not getting anything out of my effort. I'm putting as much as possible as I can into it. My sister had the nerve to bitch me out for not paying back $700 I borrowed from someone over a year ago. With what money am I supposed to pay him with.

No pizza, no big macs, nothing to make working worth doing or living worth living. And there is nothing I can do to make things better.

You don't support A family, you support members of YOUR family and it's by choice.

If your sister had the nerve to bitch you out when you're the one she relies on for support yet you keep supporting her, that's your fault. If I'm helping someone that won't/can't do for themselves and they try to tel me how to do my finances, they'll do without until that attitude changes family or not.

What you said was that more job offerings = higher wages. I never said anything with the unemployment rate and skilled jobs. I said it indicated more jobs, therefore, wages should be higher according to YOU. Now, you backtrack and try to cover your ass.

No I just posted what I was saying. You are just confused. Post my comment that you are taking about.

Forum List

Back