Fast-food workers walk out of job

When you think about it, everyone is replaceable. You can be a lawyer, you are replaceable - there is always going to be someone else out there with that degree who can take over your job.
Of course they are, but to different degrees of pain.

Fast food worker walks off the job you grab someone with a pulse and can have them mostly up to speed in one shift. That isn't the case with many professional jobs.

Takes at least 5 three hour shifts to get someone up to speed. Not one.

Would take the same amount of time to replace, say, a secretary, for example.

When you think about it, everyone is replaceable. You can be a lawyer, you are replaceable - there is always going to be someone else out there with that degree who can take over your job.

Fast food worker walks off the job you grab someone with a pulse and can have them mostly up to speed in one shift. That isn't the case with many professional jobs.

are you saying it takes 15 hours to teach someone to go to the freezer and get the box?

are you saying it takes 15 hours to teach someone to go to the freezer and get the box?

Well in all fairness, the freezer does have a handle and you do need to read the box.

You have to teach someone how to use the registers, which takes numerous shifts. Teach them how to serve a customer, what questions to ask, etc. Show them where everything is. Train them on how to change a bin correctly, mop the floor correctly, etc.
Train them how the grills and fryers work, which buttons to press, what gloves to wear when handling meat and chicken. How long to cook the meat and chicken for, how to transfer it safely, where to put it, how to make sure its cooked all the way through, how to use the temperature probe, what ingredients go on each burger, how to read a grill slip, how to make a salad, how to make a wrap, show them where everything is in the freezer, and the fridge, show them how to use a headset, how to take an order in drive thru, how to pay attention to drive thru times, how to fill up the shake and sundae machine, how to change the syrup for the coke machine over, how to change the syrup for the frappe machine over, how to to multitask, how to deal with difficult customers...I haven't even gotten started yet.

So yes, a heck of a lot more than one shift, darl. Its not so simple as going to the damned freezer and 'getting a box'.

You have to teach someone how to use the registers, which takes numerous shifts. Teach them how to serve a customer, what questions to ask, etc. Show them where everything is. Train them on how to change a bin correctly, mop the floor correctly, etc.
Train them how the grills and fryers work, which buttons to press, what gloves to wear when handling meat and chicken. How long to cook the meat and chicken for, how to transfer it safely, where to put it, how to make sure its cooked all the way through, how to use the temperature probe, what ingredients go on each burger, how to read a grill slip, how to make a salad, how to make a wrap, show them where everything is in the freezer, and the fridge, show them how to use a headset, how to take an order in drive thru, how to pay attention to drive thru times, how to fill up the shake and sundae machine, how to change the syrup for the coke machine over, how to change the syrup for the frappe machine over, how to to multitask, how to deal with difficult customers...I haven't even gotten started yet.

So yes, a heck of a lot more than one shift, darl. Its not so simple as going to the damned freezer and 'getting a box'.

I was an assistant manager decades ago for them. It was always bragged that the Arches had the best systems in the world. It was a franchise that didn't produce the best tasting food, but consistent tasting food, that required little prep and a bunch of high schoolers could run it. Not a lot of skill, just knowledge of a system.

I was an assistant manager decades ago for them. It was always bragged that the Arches had the best systems in the world. It was a franchise that didn't produce the best tasting food, but consistent tasting food, that required little prep and a bunch of high schoolers could run it. Not a lot of skill, just knowledge of a system.

I think that years ago the food was actually better than it is now. These days, its all about making money and ripping the customer off.

I think that years ago the food was actually better than it is now. These days, its all about making money and ripping the customer off.

so if the quality is suspect and the price of the product rises b/c of wage increases, why patronize the joint?

ps

I'm all for a slight increase in the min wage here

No they don't. The rich bastards need to pay better.

well you know that saying, whine and wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up first?

I wouldn't hire someone like you to flip a burger if I owned a fast food joint..a high school kid has more drive and less demanding whining

Last edited:

a guy i do some contracted work for

always complains about how much the project is going to cost

i always remind him that he needs to give up

some of that moldy money before it is useless

--LOL

well you know that saying, whine and wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up first?

I wouldn't hire someone like you to flip a burger if I owned a fast food joint..a high school kid has more drive and less demanding whining

I don't believe the current generation had the benefit of being taught our maxims.

I don't believe the current generation had the benefit of being taught our maxims.

Unfortunately you are right...that is why we have record people sucking off us taxpayers...fast food workers walking of jobs demanding 15 bucks an hour etc etc...they have no honor, pride or work ethic....we are screwed and the Progressives-Democrats-Commies in government know it...they are prime for the complete takeover...
when your President makes a video, The life of Julia tells you of the future plans they have for this country

Last edited:

Unfortunately you are right...that is why we have record people sucking off us taxpayers...fast food workers walking of jobs demanding 15 bucks an hour etc etc...they have no honor, pride or work ethic....we are screwed and the Progressives-Democrats-Commies in government know it...they are prime for the complete takeover...
when your President makes a video, The life of Julia tells you of the future plans they have for this country

glad I only have just 18 years to go....I would hate to be a 20 something now a days they are so fucked.

glad I only have just 18 years to go....I would hate to be a 20 something now a days they are so fucked.

they are only as fucked as they want to make it...We didn't have it easy in our 20's we just had more pride and drive to make it better it seems..didn't EXPECT things handed to us on a silver platter so to speak...at least the way I see it..

nobody cares about these idiot workers......well, maybe 10% of the country and those are the miserable, angry and jealous of other peoples success. Fuck 'em......

the union cares about the minimum wage

but not so much the workers

even if the wage goes up

they are still the minimum wage earner

however it is a nice bargaining chip for the unions

and that is why they are 100 percent behind it

Forum List

Back